THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60 GETS THE SPIRIT!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Jan 8, 2008.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
    down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts. This is how
    he describes it:

    ========================
    The method is this.
    Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
    people in the shot.
    Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
    this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
    there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
    ========================

    Sounds like a big waste of time to me. Has anyone else had success in
    capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared? My house is
    fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first. There's gotta
    be some dead people around here somewhere. I just hope I don't get
    slimed.

    Who ya gonna call? D60!

    Annika1980, Jan 8, 2008

  2. Annika1980

    Guest

    On Jan 8, 12:38 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
    > down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts.  This is how
    > he describes it:
    >
    > ========================
    > The method is this.
    > Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
    > people in the shot.
    > Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
    > this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
    > there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
    > ========================
    >
    > Sounds like a big waste of time to me.  Has anyone else had success in
    > capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared?  My house is
    > fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first.  There's gotta
    > be some dead people around here somewhere.  I just hope I don't get
    > slimed.
    >
    > Who ya gonna call?  D60!

    You're right, it is a big waste of time. The only "ghost/apparition"
    pics I got was using a slow shutter speed with a moving subject. The
    other way was when I did a double exposure with a medium format film
    camera http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/78055759
    I don't believe in ghosts/apparitions. The only time I see dead
    people, such as my mom, dad or sister, is when I sleep and they're in
    my dreams.
    Helen

    , Jan 8, 2008

  3. Annika1980

    JON POPE Guest

    Cool pic Helen

    JON POPE, Jan 8, 2008
  4. Annika1980

    Guest

    On Jan 8, 2:26 am, "JON POPE" <> wrote:
    > Cool pic Helen
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> On Jan 8, 12:38 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > >> A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
    > >> down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts. This is how
    > >> he describes it:

    > >> ========================
    > >> The method is this.
    > >> Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
    > >> people in the shot.
    > >> Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
    > >> this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
    > >> there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
    > >> ========================

    > >> Sounds like a big waste of time to me. Has anyone else had success in
    > >> capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared? My house is
    > >> fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first. There's gotta
    > >> be some dead people around here somewhere. I just hope I don't get
    > >> slimed.

    > >> Who ya gonna call? D60!

    > > You're right, it is a big waste of time.  The only "ghost/apparition"
    > > pics I got was using a slow shutter speed with a moving subject.  The
    > > other way was when I did a double exposure with a medium format film
    > > camera  http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/78055759
    > > I don't believe in ghosts/apparitions.  The only time I see dead
    > > people, such as my mom, dad or sister, is when I sleep and they're in
    > > my dreams.
    > > Helen

    Thanks Jon!

    , Jan 8, 2008
  5. Annika1980

    JimKramer Guest

    On Jan 8, 12:38 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
    > down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts.  This is how
    > he describes it:
    >
    > ========================
    > The method is this.
    > Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
    > people in the shot.
    > Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
    > this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
    > there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
    > ========================
    >
    > Sounds like a big waste of time to me.  Has anyone else had success in
    > capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared?  My house is
    > fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first.  There's gotta
    > be some dead people around here somewhere.  I just hope I don't get
    > slimed.
    >
    > Who ya gonna call?  D60!

    Closest thing to a ghost I've seen:

    http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/ghost.htm

    Just make sure you charge the guy a resonable fee for using your
    "expensive ghost hunting equipment." Then send it to Helen. :)

    JimKramer, Jan 8, 2008
  6. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Jan 8, 2:04 am, wrote:
    > On Jan 8, 12:38 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    >

    > > A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
    > > down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts.  This is how
    > > he describes it:

    > > ========================
    > > The method is this.
    > > Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
    > > people in the shot.
    > > Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
    > > this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
    > > there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
    > > ========================

    > > Sounds like a big waste of time to me.  Has anyone else had success in
    > > capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared?  My house is
    > > fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first.  There's gotta
    > > be some dead people around here somewhere.  I just hope I don't get
    > > slimed.

    > > Who ya gonna call?  D60!

    > You're right, it is a big waste of time.  The only "ghost/apparition"
    > pics I got was using a slow shutter speed with a moving subject.  The
    > other way was when I did a double exposure with a medium format film
    > camera  http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/78055759
    > I don't believe in ghosts/apparitions.  The only time I see dead
    > people, such as my mom, dad or sister, is when I sleep and they're in
    > my dreams.
    > Helen- Hide quoted text -

    Now here is where you and I do not agree. I have seen ghosts. I have
    captured a ghost on Rich mountain in West Virginia on medium format
    film. I have seen ghosts along the Appalachian Trail;along the water
    front of Alexandria, Va. In the halls of a prison in Moundsville, WV
    and several other places. I still see my family in my dreams too.
    Luckly only once in a while and for no real reason. Just like family
    who drop in on you when you're not expecting them and you are relaxing
    in your "comfy" cloths.
    Your image, Ms Helen, reminds me of the fleeting of life and how we
    should enjoy and embrace each and every moment.
    Bret, as far as I know that technique may or may not capture
    anything at all. But if you are out and something raises the hair on
    the back of your neck. Start shooting. Who knows? You may get lucky
    and get a picture of something no one can explain away.

    Draco

    Draco, Jan 8, 2008
  7. Annika1980

    Guest

    On Jan 8, 6:45 am, JimKramer <> wrote:
    > On Jan 8, 12:38 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    >
    > > A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
    > > down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts.  This is how
    > > he describes it:

    > > ========================
    > > The method is this.
    > > Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
    > > people in the shot.
    > > Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
    > > this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
    > > there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
    > > ========================

    > > Sounds like a big waste of time to me.  Has anyone else had success in
    > > capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared?  My house is
    > > fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first.  There's gotta
    > > be some dead people around here somewhere.  I just hope I don't get
    > > slimed.

    > > Who ya gonna call?  D60!

    > Closest thing to a ghost I've seen:
    >
    > http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/ghost.htm
    >
    > Just make sure you charge the guy a resonable fee for using your
    > "expensive ghost hunting equipment."  Then send it to Helen. :)

    Thanks Jim, but absolutely not!
    If and when Bret profits on his pics, it's done on his own merit and
    skill. I had nothing to do with it.
    Helen

    , Jan 8, 2008
  8. Annika1980

    JimKramer Guest

    On Jan 8, 10:39 am, wrote:
    > On Jan 8, 6:45 am, JimKramer <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Jan 8, 12:38 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:

    > > > A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
    > > > down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts.  This is how
    > > > he describes it:

    > > > ========================
    > > > The method is this.
    > > > Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
    > > > people in the shot.
    > > > Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
    > > > this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
    > > > there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
    > > > ========================

    > > > Sounds like a big waste of time to me.  Has anyone else had success in
    > > > capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared?  My house is
    > > > fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first.  There's gotta
    > > > be some dead people around here somewhere.  I just hope I don't get
    > > > slimed.

    > > > Who ya gonna call?  D60!

    > > Closest thing to a ghost I've seen:

    > >http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/ghost.htm

    > > Just make sure you charge the guy a resonable fee for using your
    > > "expensive ghost hunting equipment."  Then send it to Helen. :)

    > Thanks Jim, but absolutely not!
    > If and when Bret profits on his pics, it's done on his own merit and
    > skill.  I had nothing to do with it.
    > Helen- Hide quoted text -

    If Bret makes any money from Ghost hunting, It won't be from his
    skills with a camera. It will be selling access to the specialty
    equipment he has. And that I believe is your responsibility. :)

    JimKramer, Jan 8, 2008
  9. Annika1980

    Guest

    On Jan 8, 10:43 am, JimKramer <> wrote:
    > On Jan 8, 10:39 am, wrote:

    > > > Closest thing to a ghost I've seen:

    > > >http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/ghost.htm

    > > > Just make sure you charge the guy a resonable fee for using your
    > > > "expensive ghost hunting equipment."  Then send it to Helen. :)

    > > Thanks Jim, but absolutely not!
    > > If and when Bret profits on his pics, it's done on his own merit and
    > > skill.  I had nothing to do with it.
    > > Helen- Hide quoted text -

    > If Bret makes any money from Ghost hunting, It won't be from his
    > skills with a camera.  It will be selling access to the specialty
    > equipment he has. And that I believe is your responsibility. :)

    Bret has showed his appreciation many times, and he is sincerely
    grateful. That's enough for me. I'm just happy I could help. I truly
    wish him the best of luck.
    Helen

    , Jan 8, 2008
  10. Annika1980

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:38:06 -0800 (PST), Annika1980
    <> wrote:

    >Sounds like a big waste of time to me. Has anyone else had success in
    >capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared? My house is
    >fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first. There's gotta
    >be some dead people around here somewhere. I just hope I don't get
    >slimed.

    Come to my house and try to photograph our resident poltergeist.
    Catch him or her moving my keys from where I last left them. Find him
    or her doing something naughty so I can blackmail him or her into
    telling me where the mantle clock key is.

    --

    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 8, 2008
  11. Annika1980

    Guest

    On Jan 8, 9:35 am, Draco <> wrote:
    > On Jan 8, 2:04 am, wrote:
    >
    > > On Jan 8, 12:38 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:

    > > > A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
    > > > down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts.  This is how
    > > > he describes it:

    > > > ========================
    > > > The method is this.
    > > > Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
    > > > people in the shot.
    > > > Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
    > > > this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
    > > > there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
    > > > ========================

    > > > Sounds like a big waste of time to me.  Has anyone else had success in
    > > > capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared?  My house is
    > > > fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first.  There's gotta
    > > > be some dead people around here somewhere.  I just hope I don't get
    > > > slimed.

    > > > Who ya gonna call?  D60!

    > > You're right, it is a big waste of time.  The only "ghost/apparition"
    > > pics I got was using a slow shutter speed with a moving subject.  The
    > > other way was when I did a double exposure with a medium format film
    > > camera  http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/78055759
    > > I don't believe in ghosts/apparitions.  The only time I see dead
    > > people, such as my mom, dad or sister, is when I sleep and they're in
    > > my dreams.
    > > Helen- Hide quoted text -

    > Now here is where you and I do not agree. I have seen ghosts. I have
    > captured a ghost on Rich mountain in West Virginia on medium format
    > film. I have seen ghosts along the Appalachian Trail;along the water
    > front of Alexandria, Va. In the halls of a prison in Moundsville, WV
    > and several other places. I still see my family in my dreams too.
    > Luckly only once in a while and for no real reason. Just like family
    > who drop in on you when you're not expecting them and you are relaxing
    > in your "comfy" cloths.
    >   Your image, Ms Helen, reminds me of the fleeting of life and how we
    > should enjoy and embrace each and every moment.
    >   Bret, as far as I know that technique may or may not capture
    > anything at all. But if you are out and something raises the hair on
    > the back of your neck. Start shooting. Who knows? You may get lucky
    > and get a picture of something no one can explain away.
    >
    > Draco

    "Ms Helen, reminds me of the fleeting of life and how we
    should enjoy and embrace each and every moment."

    Thanks Draco. Funny you should mention that, I've recently realized
    that myself. Time to wipe the sand from my feet and move on.
    Helen

    , Jan 8, 2008