    cases its not that they are not available, just that FF and TB can't
    update them.

    Tony
    Tony Raven, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Tony Raven

    Hermit Guest

    "Tony Raven" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I like the programs, really, but I've just updated Tbird v0.8 to v1.0 and
    >updated FF from v1.0PR to v1.0. And most of the extensions and themes do
    >not work. The update found a very limited number of them but most were
    >disabled. I then have to trawl through them manually one by one visiting
    >each one's website and downloading and updating them individually. Its a
    >real pain and suddenly I'm in a world where all my familiar interfaces and
    >buttons are gone until I've done it. In most cases its not that they are
    >not available, just that FF and TB can't update them.
    >
    > Tony

    It's a case of you get what you paid for!
    Hermit, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Hermit wrote:

    > It's a case of you get what you paid for!

    Yes and no. I could pay for Opera and I like that less that Mozilla ;-)

    Tony
    Tony Raven, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Tony Raven

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/9/2004 3:49 AM Tony Raven wrote:
    > I like the programs, really, but I've just updated Tbird v0.8 to v1.0
    > and updated FF from v1.0PR to v1.0. And most of the extensions and
    > themes do not work. The update found a very limited number of them but
    > most were disabled. I then have to trawl through them manually one by
    > one visiting each one's website and downloading and updating them
    > individually. Its a real pain and suddenly I'm in a world where all my
    > familiar interfaces and buttons are gone until I've done it. In most
    > cases its not that they are not available, just that FF and TB can't
    > update them.

    Most of the extensions usually work... they just don't have the new
    version number set for "max version allowed" in the extension. And it's
    not Mozilla's fault it can't update the extension... talk to the author
    about including a proper link ;-)

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 9, 2004
  5. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    :: BRIAN :: wrote:
    > On 12/9/2004 3:49 AM Tony Raven wrote:
    >
    >> I like the programs, really, but I've just updated Tbird v0.8 to v1.0
    >> and updated FF from v1.0PR to v1.0. And most of the extensions and
    >> themes do not work. The update found a very limited number of them
    >> but most were disabled. I then have to trawl through them manually
    >> one by one visiting each one's website and downloading and updating
    >> them individually. Its a real pain and suddenly I'm in a world where
    >> all my familiar interfaces and buttons are gone until I've done it.
    >> In most cases its not that they are not available, just that FF and TB
    >> can't update them.

    > Most of the extensions usually work... they just don't have the new
    > version number set for "max version allowed" in the extension. And it's
    > not Mozilla's fault it can't update the extension... talk to the author
    > about including a proper link ;-)

    Its still a right PITA every time you upgrade though.

    Tony
    Tony Raven, Dec 9, 2004
  6. Tony Raven

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/9/2004 10:27 AM Tony Raven wrote:
    > :: BRIAN :: wrote:
    >
    >> On 12/9/2004 3:49 AM Tony Raven wrote:
    >>
    >>> I like the programs, really, but I've just updated Tbird v0.8 to v1.0
    >>> and updated FF from v1.0PR to v1.0. And most of the extensions and
    >>> themes do not work. The update found a very limited number of them
    >>> but most were disabled. I then have to trawl through them manually
    >>> one by one visiting each one's website and downloading and updating
    >>> them individually. Its a real pain and suddenly I'm in a world where
    >>> all my familiar interfaces and buttons are gone until I've done it.
    >>> In most cases its not that they are not available, just that FF and
    >>> TB can't update them.

    >> Most of the extensions usually work... they just don't have the new
    >> version number set for "max version allowed" in the extension. And
    >> it's not Mozilla's fault it can't update the extension... talk to the
    >> author about including a proper link ;-)
    >>

    > Its still a right PITA every time you upgrade though.

    I think it's getting a lot better though. But like I said... the blame
    shouldn't totally fall on Mozilla. But I do agree that it's a kind of a
    PITA upgrading your extensions sometimes.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/theferrets/email.htm
    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 9, 2004
  7. :: BRIAN :: wrote:
    > On 12/9/2004 10:27 AM Tony Raven wrote:
    >
    >> :: BRIAN :: wrote:

    >>> Most of the extensions usually work... they just don't have the new
    >>> version number set for "max version allowed" in the extension. And
    >>> it's not Mozilla's fault it can't update the extension... talk to the
    >>> author about including a proper link ;-)
    >>>

    >> Its still a right PITA every time you upgrade though.

    > I think it's getting a lot better though. But like I said... the blame
    > shouldn't totally fall on Mozilla. But I do agree that it's a kind of a
    > PITA upgrading your extensions sometimes.
    >
    >> Tony

    It is getting better. When I installed TB1.0, only one extension was
    disabled, which I was able to updeate manually by editing install.rdf.
    Most worked fine. Themes are another issue, but then again, they pretty
    easy to fix.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 9, 2004
  8. Tony Raven

    Splibbilla Guest

    Tony Raven <> in news::

    > Hermit wrote:
    >>
    >> It's a case of you get what you paid for!
    >>

    > Yes and no. I could pay for Opera and I like that less that Mozilla ;-)
    >
    > Tony

    and paying for an amputation would be "paying for what you get rid of"

    some people pay for trash pickup, other people dump it in the neighborhood's creek (bad bad!)

    so OT :)

    --
    WinMe, Moz 1.7.3, all profiles GoogleBar, IEView, ,,, and??? some bugmenot.jar, sage.jar,
    usually java off, js on. trying out PrefBar v. 2.3.1, build date 20041003
    Splibbilla, Dec 13, 2004