    "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
    because its content was used without permission"

    but they've left their other unauthorised advertising online.

    -=rjh=-, May 24, 2006

  2. -=rjh=-

    Crains Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
    > somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it
    > expires.
    > The file is about 3.5MB
    >
    > It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    > locations on YouTube.
    >
    > Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
    >
    > "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
    > because its content was used without permission"
    >
    > but they've left their other unauthorised advertising online.

    haha Just let them try and stop the internet :)
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1208045826218352411&q=telecom

    Crains, May 24, 2006

  3. -=rjh=-

    Nova Guest

    Crains wrote:
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
    >> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it
    >> expires.
    >> The file is about 3.5MB
    >>
    >> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    >> locations on YouTube.
    >>
    >> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
    >>
    >> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
    >> because its content was used without permission"
    >>
    >> but they've left their other unauthorised advertising online.

    > haha Just let them try and stop the internet :)
    > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1208045826218352411&q=telecom

    I hadn't seen that, but that is just classic..

    Nova, May 24, 2006
  4. -=rjh=-

    joe_90 Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to somebody
    > else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
    >
    > The file is about 3.5MB
    >
    > It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    > locations on YouTube.
    >
    > Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
    >
    > "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
    > because its content was used without permission"

    There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are dropping
    messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just be a nasty
    rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's and net
    censorship. I hope it is not true.

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

    joe_90, May 24, 2006
  5. -=rjh=-

    Who Me Guest

    joe_90 wrote:
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
    >> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
    >>
    >> The file is about 3.5MB
    >>
    >> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    >> locations on YouTube.
    >>
    >> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
    >>
    >> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
    >> because its content was used without permission"

    > There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are dropping
    > messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just be a nasty
    > rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's and net
    > censorship. I hope it is not true.
    >
    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

    Its still available on google video
    go to http://video.google.com/ and search for telecom
    If you want to save a copy as AVI this site shows you how
    http://aikaterna.livejournal.com/317.html

    Who Me

    Who Me, May 24, 2006
  6. -=rjh=-

    Vista Guest

    "joe_90" <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote in message
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to somebody
    >> else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
    >>
    >> The file is about 3.5MB
    >>
    >> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    >> locations on YouTube.
    >>
    >> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
    >>
    >> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
    >> because its content was used without permission"

    > There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are dropping
    > messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just be a nasty
    > rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's and net
    > censorship. I hope it is not true.
    >
    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

    If they still had a news server, they may do it for that too. However I very
    much doubt they would be dropping messages, as I doubt they have the
    technology to do it.

    Vista, May 24, 2006
  7. -=rjh=-

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:39:29 +1200, Nova <> wrote:

    >Crains wrote:
    >> -=rjh=- wrote:
    >>> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
    >>> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it
    >>> expires.
    >>> The file is about 3.5MB
    >>>
    >>> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    >>> locations on YouTube.
    >>>
    >>> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
    >>>
    >>> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
    >>> because its content was used without permission"
    >>>
    >>> but they've left their other unauthorised advertising online.

    >> haha Just let them try and stop the internet :)
    >> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1208045826218352411&q=telecom
    >>

    >I hadn't seen that, but that is just classic..

    Is it entirely coincidence that my download speed suddenly dropped to
    a level where the advertisement is almost entirely unintelligible?

    How do I know the speed has dropped? See http://www.dumeter.com/

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, May 24, 2006
  8. -=rjh=-

    TKKGHCMT Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message

    > from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to somebody
    > else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
    >
    > The file is about 3.5MB
    >
    > It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    > locations on YouTube.

    Download the AVI file from:
    http://vp.video.google.com/videodownload?version=0&secureurl=xgAAAG7ggqAHSiJjpW0D3w4aYTUD6rNqgE0x4Z-
    _o4b0Ctoi9C8WDtck5tSI0J60f4J_oNZtA96uXSTgin5dYoblt10Agp2fjnksq4HvCOiE_3lrW7C
    orl_PpzD2Fe_k3kzCW
    L9l5mKhb03Wn5Jddm6AT2h5dHKC9dOWk8B1APeo0ahaygR7FPAewb45iIlPMX-
    _qYOAwKefVLbhdgxzrev3zWzMrnAIx0lEl95d47hER3DBUCM7ovPI3FjAK0n0fFkvl-
    TyQK02EyZwLRn4WHubB3g&sigh=LbICfWNBVi0os-T787p9LezhI6M&begin=0&len=96057&doc
    id=-
    1208045826218352411

    ( or: http://tinyurl.com/f3xem )

    TKKGHCMT, May 24, 2006
  9. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    joe_90 wrote:
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
    >> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
    >>
    >> The file is about 3.5MB
    >>
    >> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    >> locations on YouTube.
    >>
    >> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
    >>
    >> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
    >> because its content was used without permission"

    > There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are dropping
    > messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just be a nasty
    > rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's and net
    > censorship. I hope it is not true.
    >
    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

    Seems unlikely but easy enough to prove.

    -=rjh=-, May 24, 2006
  10. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Who Me wrote:
    > joe_90 wrote:
    >> -=rjh=- wrote:
    >>> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
    >>> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
    >>>
    >>> The file is about 3.5MB
    >>>
    >>> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    >>> locations on YouTube.
    >>>
    >>> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
    >>>
    >>> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner
    >>> Telecom because its content was used without permission"

    >> There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are
    >> dropping messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just
    >> be a nasty rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's
    >> and net censorship. I hope it is not true.
    >>
    >> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

    > Its still available on google video
    > go to http://video.google.com/ and search for telecom
    > If you want to save a copy as AVI this site shows you how
    > http://aikaterna.livejournal.com/317.html

    Or install the Firefox extension that works with almost all the video
    sites :)

    -=rjh=-, May 24, 2006
  11. -=rjh=-

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:55:53 +1200, "Vista" <> wrote:

    >"joe_90" <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote in message
    >> -=rjh=- wrote:
    >>> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to somebody
    >>> else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
    >>>
    >>> The file is about 3.5MB
    >>>
    >>> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    >>> locations on YouTube.
    >>>
    >>> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
    >>>
    >>> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
    >>> because its content was used without permission"

    >> There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are dropping
    >> messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just be a nasty
    >> rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's and net
    >> censorship. I hope it is not true.
    >>
    >> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

    >If they still had a news server, they may do it for that too. However I very
    >much doubt they would be dropping messages, as I doubt they have the
    >technology to do it.

    Couldn't they easily add something into their spam filtering to stop it?

    Craig Shore, May 24, 2006
  12. On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:55:53 +1200, someone purporting to be Vista didst
    scrawl:

    > "joe_90" <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote in message

    *SNIP*
    > If they still had a news server, they may do it for that too. However I very
    > much doubt they would be dropping messages, as I doubt they have the
    > technology to do it.

    Dropping e-mail messages would be a piece of cake. They already filter
    their staff e-mail, and this would just be another keyword to match and
    drop. The technology is readily available, and I'm pretty sure you can get
    OSS that will do it so it's not like it even has to cost anything.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

    Matthew Poole, May 24, 2006
  13. -=rjh=-

    Mutlley Guest

    joe_90 <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote:

    >-=rjh=- wrote:
    >> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to somebody
    >> else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
    >>
    >> The file is about 3.5MB
    >>
    >> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    >> locations on YouTube.
    >>
    >> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
    >>
    >> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
    >> because its content was used without permission"

    >There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are dropping
    >messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just be a nasty
    >rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's and net
    >censorship. I hope it is not true.
    >
    >http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

    Not a rumor but true..

    Mutlley, May 24, 2006
  14. -=rjh=-

    Nova Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > joe_90 wrote:
    >> -=rjh=- wrote:
    >>> from YouTube, so if you saw it recently and want to show it to
    >>> somebody else, you'd better check your browser cache before it expires.
    >>>
    >>> The file is about 3.5MB
    >>>
    >>> It was at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg amongst other
    >>> locations on YouTube.
    >>>
    >>> Interesting that Telecom saw fit to remove it:
    >>>
    >>> "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner
    >>> Telecom because its content was used without permission"

    >> There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are
    >> dropping messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just
    >> be a nasty rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's
    >> and net censorship. I hope it is not true.
    >>
    >> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

    > Seems unlikely but easy enough to prove.

    Heh why do you think it would be unlikely? They forced another site to
    remove it for breach of copyright. Do you think they are going to let
    their own users do it? :)

    Seems very likely :)

    Nova, May 24, 2006
  15. -=rjh=-

    none Guest

    > Not a rumor but true..

    Any evidence to go with that... I've sent it to Xtra accounts and it go
    there no probs.

    none, May 25, 2006
  16. -=rjh=-

    Richard Guest

    Nova wrote:

    > Heh why do you think it would be unlikely? They forced another site to
    > remove it for breach of copyright. Do you think they are going to let
    > their own users do it? :)
    >
    > Seems very likely :)

    Surely this is a parody so therefor fair use is applicable however?

    Richard, May 25, 2006
  17. -=rjh=-

    Mutlley Guest

    none <""mcooper\"@(none)"> wrote:

    >> Not a rumor but true..

    >Any evidence to go with that... I've sent it to Xtra accounts and it go
    >there no probs.

    One of our guys at work here sent the link to his home address (xtra)
    last nite and it never arrived..

    However the article I think was talking about Telecom's internal mail
    servers which were blocked first thing Monday..

    Mutlley, May 25, 2006
  18. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Nova wrote:
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >> joe_90 wrote:

    >>> There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are
    >>> dropping messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just
    >>> be a nasty rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's
    >>> and net censorship. I hope it is not true.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

    >> Seems unlikely but easy enough to prove.

    > Heh why do you think it would be unlikely? They forced another site to
    > remove it for breach of copyright. Do you think they are going to let
    > their own users do it? :)
    >
    > Seems very likely :)

    I still say it is very unlikely - while they have every right to look
    small minded and petty by removing the video from a public site, they
    have a right to do so.

    But scanning people's email for content? It would be a PR disaster.

    -=rjh=-, May 25, 2006
  19. On Thu, 25 May 2006 11:46:54 +1200, someone purporting to be Richard didst
    scrawl:

    > Nova wrote:
    >
    >> Heh why do you think it would be unlikely? They forced another site to
    >> remove it for breach of copyright. Do you think they are going to let
    >> their own users do it? :)
    >>
    >> Seems very likely :)

    > Surely this is a parody so therefor fair use is applicable however?

    YouTube apparently have a reputation for not standing up to anyone over
    anything. Demonstrate some kind of copyright hold on the material and it's
    gone, fair use or no.

    Matthew Poole, May 25, 2006
  20. On Thu, 25 May 2006 17:25:08 +1200, someone purporting to be -=rjh=- didst
    scrawl:

    > Nova wrote:

    *SNIP*
    > But scanning people's email for content? It would be a PR disaster.

    And that would stop them why?

    Matthew Poole, May 25, 2006