    What is happening here and how can I stop it disconnecting. (I do not use
    dial up)

    Beemer

    Beemer, Feb 3, 2007

  2. Hi
    Doubt that the Router did (or can do) any thing to your OE. It might be that
    your system is not configured correctly, and thus you don't have a solid
    Internet connection.
    However in order to give you a focused answer you need to tell us more about
    your system (like what type of Internet and how is it configured, wire,
    wireless).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 3, 2007

  3. Beemer

    Beemer Guest

    | Hi
    | Doubt that the Router did (or can do) any thing to your OE. It might be
    that
    | your system is not configured correctly, and thus you don't have a solid
    | Internet connection.
    | However in order to give you a focused answer you need to tell us more
    about
    | your system (like what type of Internet and how is it configured, wire,
    | wireless).
    | Jack (MVP-Networking).
    |
    | "Beemer" <> wrote in message
    | > OE6 has been working perfectly until I connected my Belkin Wireless G
    Plus
    | > Router. Now I start OE6 and download news messages. A few minutes
    later
    | > get a pop up message which says
    | > The tcp connection was unexpectedly disconnected from the server
    | >
    | > What is happening here and how can I stop it disconnecting. (I do not
    use
    | > dial up)
    | >
    | > Beemer

    Jack,

    "solid internet connection" .... what's that?

    Internet connection - No proxy, been a wired connection to a cable modem
    working fine for many 5 years.

    Used McAfee firewall but now using Belkin firewall which has no current
    blocks or exceptions

    Beemer

    Beemer

    Beemer, Feb 3, 2007
  4. Hi
    Many Cable ISPs use the MAC number of the initial PC that was used to
    connect to the Modem as form of ID and PW.
    If your ISP authenticates this way you need to clone the MAC of the computer
    to the Router.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/broadband.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 3, 2007