    from the stars we come
    to the stars we return
    from now until the end of time
    Irulan, Sep 10, 2006

  2. Irulan

    Dragon Guest

    both, 2 disc versions, disc 1 remastered, disc 2 orinigal versions fron the
    70s and 80s well worth getting but limited time only till dec 31st

    Dragon, Sep 10, 2006

  3. Irulan

    Irulan Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > both, 2 disc versions, disc 1 remastered, disc 2 orinigal versions fron
    > the 70s and 80s well worth getting but limited time only till dec 31st
    >

    > "Irulan" <> wrote in message
    >> Will these be the ORIGINAL or the revised versions?
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Irulan
    >> from the stars we come
    >> to the stars we return
    >> from now until the end of time

    Thank you for the info. I've already put my order in, can't wait!

    Irulan, Sep 10, 2006
  4. Irulan

    Mark B. Guest

    "Irulan" <> wrote in message

    > Thank you for the info. I've already put my order in, can't wait!

    Unfortunately they're non-anamorphic, so if you have a HD set it'll be like
    watching through a window.

    Mark
    Mark B., Sep 10, 2006
  5. Irulan

    Justin Guest

    Irulan wrote on [Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:00:31 -0400]:
    > Will these be the ORIGINAL or the revised versions?
    > TIA

    Is google down?
    Justin, Sep 10, 2006
  6. Irulan

    Aphelion Guest

    > Unfortunately they're non-anamorphic, so if you have a HD set it'll be
    > like watching through a window.

    Any decent HDTV should have a 16:9 zoom function that would allow you to
    mimic a normal anamorphic presentation. Unfortunately, the loss in
    resolution is the tragedy here.

    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Sep 11, 2006
  7. Irulan

    zoltan47 Guest

    On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 17:59:49 -0400, "Mark B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Irulan" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Thank you for the info. I've already put my order in, can't wait!
    >>

    >Unfortunately they're non-anamorphic, so if you have a HD set it'll be like
    >watching through a window.
    >
    >Mark

    Plus the sound is not 5.1.
    zoltan47, Sep 11, 2006
  8. You wrote:

    > On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 17:59:49 -0400, "Mark B."
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"Irulan" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for the info. I've already put my order in, can't wait!
    >>>

    >>Unfortunately they're non-anamorphic, so if you have a HD set it'll be
    >>like watching through a window.
    >>
    >>Mark
    >>

    > Plus the sound is not 5.1.

    Dolby Digital wasn't introduced until 1993. What part of "original
    theatrical release" don't you understand?
    Alotta Fagina, Sep 11, 2006
  9. Irulan

    Ollie T Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Irulan wrote on [Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:00:31 -0400]:
    >> Will these be the ORIGINAL or the revised versions?
    >> TIA

    > Is google down?

    This is a DVD discussion group is it not?
    Ollie T, Sep 11, 2006
  10. Irulan

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Alotta Fagina" <> wrote in message
    >> Plus the sound is not 5.1.

    > Dolby Digital wasn't introduced until 1993. What part of "original
    > theatrical release" don't you understand?

    70mm theatrical prints that played in 1977 had a 6-channel sound mix.
    Joshua Zyber, Sep 11, 2006
  11. Ollie T wrote:

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Irulan wrote on [Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:00:31 -0400]:
    >>
    >>>Will these be the ORIGINAL or the revised versions?
    >>>TIA

    >>Is google down?

    > This is a DVD discussion group is it not?

    Yes, and, as we said, most of the discussions from THREE MONTHS AGO!!
    should be archived on Google.

    Derek Janssen (simple, really)
    Derek Janssen, Sep 12, 2006
  12. Irulan

    Justin Guest

    Ollie T wrote on [Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:11:42 GMT]:

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Irulan wrote on [Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:00:31 -0400]:
    >>> Will these be the ORIGINAL or the revised versions?
    >>> TIA

    >> Is google down?

    > This is a DVD discussion group is it not?

    So, every relevant and simple to answer question by a 10 second search
    should be asked again and again?
    Justin, Sep 12, 2006
  13. Irulan

    RobMac Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Ollie T wrote on [Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:11:42 GMT]:
    >>
    >> "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Is google down?

    >> This is a DVD discussion group is it not?

    > So, every relevant and simple to answer question by a 10 second search
    > should be asked again and again?

    So, are you asking if every relevant and simple to answer question by a 10
    second search should be asked again and again or not?

    RobMac, Sep 12, 2006
  14. You wrote:

    > Will these be the ORIGINAL or the revised versions?

    Lucas is actually replacing the movies with episodes of "Holmes and Yo-Yo"
    and seeing if anyone will notice.
    Alotta Fagina, Sep 13, 2006