    Just wondering how large 64bit win7 sp1 fully updated is or should be. I
    originally installed it on a 40gig Intel ssd and I am running out of
    space now. Also any other ssd's that are comparable with the Intel x25 ssd?
    Drew, Sep 3, 2011

  2. Drew

    hp Guest

    On 9/3/2011 11:52 AM, Drew wrote:
    > Just wondering how large 64bit win7 sp1 fully updated is or should be. I
    > originally installed it on a 40gig Intel ssd and I am running out of
    > space now. Also any other ssd's that are comparable with the Intel x25 ssd?

    Have you explored deleting all the left over files from all the updates
    once you are satisfied that the mountain of updates worked?

    Also, I think there is another folder where backups of all that is kept,
    and there are a lot of files there that can be deleted also.

    I think I did this to xp x64 and it free'd up about 1.3 giggles fairly
    easily and painlessly. There are links and sites online that discuss
    what can be deleted. Also maybe once you are happy things are
    functioning smoothly, maybe turning off system restore, letting that
    clean out that folder, then turning it back on and establishing a fresh
    restore point, you may free up a lot more space.
    hp, Sep 4, 2011

  3. Drew

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Sep 12, 2011
  4. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Carlos. I do not keep my backup on this drive.I have always sent that to
    a different drive. Thanks for the info though.

    Drew, Sep 12, 2011