    Thanks so much for your kind assistance, my two aunts will appreciate
    it, too.

    -Ramon
    Ramon F Herrera, Jan 31, 2007

  2. Ramon F Herrera

    Roy Guest

    Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > I am trying to find a communications solution for two elder relatives
    > of mine. They live next to each other in a place where phone calls are
    > expensive, even local ones. I have considered a couple of
    > "intercommunicators" which have to be plugged only to the AC power,
    > and the voice is modulated by the 110v. signal, with no need for a
    > data cable. The problem with this solution is that the two homes don't
    > share the electrical circuit. I would like the communication to be
    > full duplex, too. Are there full duplex wireless phones?
    >
    > Finally, what about a tiny, inexpensive, 2 line PBX? Is there such a
    > thing?
    >
    > Thanks so much for your kind assistance, my two aunts will appreciate
    > it, too.
    >
    > -Ramon

    What distance is next to each other? Why not run a telephone cable or
    use an extended range multihandset wireless telephone?
    Roy, Jan 31, 2007

  3. Ramon F Herrera

    Terry Guest

    "Ramon F Herrera" <> wrote in message

    > I am trying to find a communications solution for two elder relatives
    > of mine. They live next to each other in a place where phone calls are
    > expensive, even local ones. I have considered a couple of
    > "intercommunicators" which have to be plugged only to the AC power,
    > and the voice is modulated by the 110v. signal, with no need for a
    > data cable. The problem with this solution is that the two homes don't
    > share the electrical circuit. I would like the communication to be
    > full duplex, too. Are there full duplex wireless phones?
    >
    > Finally, what about a tiny, inexpensive, 2 line PBX? Is there such a
    > thing?
    >
    > Thanks so much for your kind assistance, my two aunts will appreciate
    > it, too.
    >
    > -Ramon

    Ols Avaya 206.

    TerryS

    Terry, Jan 31, 2007
  4. Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > I am trying to find a communications solution for two elder relatives
    > of mine. They live next to each other in a place where phone calls are
    > expensive, even local ones. I have considered a couple of
    > "intercommunicators" which have to be plugged only to the AC power,
    > and the voice is modulated by the 110v. signal, with no need for a
    > data cable. The problem with this solution is that the two homes don't
    > share the electrical circuit. I would like the communication to be
    > full duplex, too. Are there full duplex wireless phones?
    >
    > Finally, what about a tiny, inexpensive, 2 line PBX? Is there such a
    > thing?
    >
    > Thanks so much for your kind assistance, my two aunts will appreciate
    > it, too.

    Ramon,

    If you can run a direct wire between them, there are two ways to solve
    the problem:

    1. Construct an intercom circuit and use separate phones
    2. Use "Field" phones like the Army sells surplus

    HTH.

    William
    (Filter noise from my address for direct replies)
    William Warren, Jan 31, 2007
  5. Ramon F Herrera

    Carl Navarro Guest

    On 31 Jan 2007 09:10:41 -0800, "Ramon F Herrera" <>
    wrote:

    >I am trying to find a communications solution for two elder relatives
    >of mine. They live next to each other in a place where phone calls are
    >expensive, even local ones. I have considered a couple of
    >"intercommunicators" which have to be plugged only to the AC power,
    >and the voice is modulated by the 110v. signal, with no need for a
    >data cable. The problem with this solution is that the two homes don't
    >share the electrical circuit. I would like the communication to be
    >full duplex, too. Are there full duplex wireless phones?

    Probablhy. Something with handset to base communications. I have a
    Panasonic with dual handsets, but I've never really tried to
    communicate handset to handset.

    >Finally, what about a tiny, inexpensive, 2 line PBX? Is there such a
    >thing?

    Of course. You probably need to be within 500 feet and need 4 wires
    to make the really inexpensive Tie 612/616 blue boxes work. Probably
    $50 and a few buxks shipping could get you a cabinet and 3 phones.

    Carl Navarro

    Carl Navarro, Feb 1, 2007
  6. Ramon F Herrera

    Steven Stone Guest

    A pair of inexpensive FRS radios with PL (tone encoding), maybe even a
    digital xmit mode.
    Steven Stone, Feb 1, 2007
  7. In article <>,
    Carl Navarro <> wrote:
    >On 31 Jan 2007 09:10:41 -0800, "Ramon F Herrera" <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>I am trying to find a communications solution for two elder relatives
    >>of mine. They live next to each other in a place where phone calls are
    >>expensive, even local ones. I have considered a couple of
    >>"intercommunicators" which have to be plugged only to the AC power,
    >>and the voice is modulated by the 110v. signal, with no need for a
    >>data cable. The problem with this solution is that the two homes don't
    >>share the electrical circuit. I would like the communication to be
    >>full duplex, too. Are there full duplex wireless phones?

    >Probablhy. Something with handset to base communications. I have a
    >Panasonic with dual handsets, but I've never really tried to
    >communicate handset to handset.

    You can use IP-telephony, a tiny asterisk installation and a few
    handsets. You may use WiFi to reach the other party.

    Another solution is a DECT bridge between two DECT base stations.

    Both of these have ranges of a few hundred meters if you install them
    right.

    >>Finally, what about a tiny, inexpensive, 2 line PBX? Is there such a
    >>thing?

    >Of course. You probably need to be within 500 feet and need 4 wires
    >to make the really inexpensive Tie 612/616 blue boxes work. Probably
    >$50 and a few buxks shipping could get you a cabinet and 3 phones.

    Use radio if you can.

    -- mrr
    morten reistad, Feb 2, 2007