    to sneak up on my son and dog and run off a bunch of shots before they
    woke up. (OK, it was taken at f/2.2, ISO 100, 1/60. But the point remains.)

    http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/2120267/37#157091883-L-LB
    Cynicor, May 29, 2007

  2. Cynicor

    Charles Guest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm happy that I have this lens, and I recommend it to anyone looking for
    > a fast digital lens. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't have been able to
    > sneak up on my son and dog and run off a bunch of shots before they woke
    > up. (OK, it was taken at f/2.2, ISO 100, 1/60. But the point remains.)
    >
    > http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/2120267/37#157091883-L-LB

    Nice shot, great son, good dog ... you are lucky!

    Camera?
    Charles, May 29, 2007

  3. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Charles wrote:
    > "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm happy that I have this lens, and I recommend it to anyone looking for
    >> a fast digital lens. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't have been able to
    >> sneak up on my son and dog and run off a bunch of shots before they woke
    >> up. (OK, it was taken at f/2.2, ISO 100, 1/60. But the point remains.)
    >>
    >> http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/2120267/37#157091883-L-LB

    > Nice shot, great son, good dog ... you are lucky!
    >
    > Camera?

    No thanks, I already have a few.

    OH! I see. Nikon D200. Son is 12 years old, looks like he's 16.
    Cynicor, May 29, 2007
  4. Cynicor

    Charles Guest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    > Charles wrote:
    >> "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >>> I'm happy that I have this lens, and I recommend it to anyone looking
    >>> for a fast digital lens. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't have been able
    >>> to sneak up on my son and dog and run off a bunch of shots before they
    >>> woke up. (OK, it was taken at f/2.2, ISO 100, 1/60. But the point
    >>> remains.)
    >>>
    >>> http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/2120267/37#157091883-L-LB

    >> Nice shot, great son, good dog ... you are lucky!
    >>
    >> Camera?

    > No thanks, I already have a few.
    >
    > OH! I see. Nikon D200. Son is 12 years old, looks like he's 16.

    Yes, he does. The Nikon is working well with that Sigma lens. Is the
    auto-focus quick and accurate?
    Charles, May 29, 2007
  5. Cynicor

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 29 May 2007 16:30:49 -0400, Cynicor wrote:

    >> Camera?

    > No thanks, I already have a few.
    >
    > OH! I see. Nikon D200. Son is 12 years old, looks like he's 16.

    The Sigma 30mm f/1.4 is known for that type of distortion. There
    should be a PS Sigma 30/1.4 plugin that will correct it, but an
    unfortunate side effect is that it will turn the mutt into a pup.
    Would you happen to have an extra D200 or two to spare? It would be
    much safer in my hands than in those of a yoot that hasn't yet
    gotten his hormone management skills into shape. In exchange I can
    offer a valuable, pristene, never used Win2000 package. Maybe even
    throw in a copy of MSDOS v.6.21 for your son. He looks like a
    hacker that would know how to use and appreciate it.
    ASAAR, May 30, 2007
  6. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Charles wrote:
    > "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >> Charles wrote:
    >>> "Cynicor" <> wrote in message

    >>> Nice shot, great son, good dog ... you are lucky!
    >>>
    >>> Camera?

    >> No thanks, I already have a few.
    >>
    >> OH! I see. Nikon D200. Son is 12 years old, looks like he's 16.

    > Yes, he does. The Nikon is working well with that Sigma lens. Is the
    > auto-focus quick and accurate?

    The D200 is a pretty fast focuser, and the lens is a nice, quiet focuser
    too. Of course, if you shoot at 1.4 the depth is going to be razor-thin
    no matter what, but even handheld I was happy with the pictures I've gotten.
    Cynicor, May 30, 2007