    are coming up with the latest digital cameras to entice potential
    clients. Here's how to avoid being taken to the cleaners!

    Read This Full Article At: http://tinyurl.com/mje3m

    ARG, Mar 1, 2006

  2. ARG

    Helen Guest

    "ARG" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The Secrets => To Finding The Best Digital Camera ...
    >
    > It seems that every month, if not every week, different manufacturers
    > are coming up with the latest digital cameras to entice potential
    > clients. Here's how to avoid being taken to the cleaners!
    >
    > Read This Full Article At: http://tinyurl

    Like many people, I won't click tinyurls. I like to know where I'm going.
    If your grand secrets are grand enough then have the courage to post the
    full URL.

    Helen, Mar 1, 2006

  3. ARG

    Bob Williams Guest

    ARG wrote:
    > The Secrets => To Finding The Best Digital Camera ...
    >
    > It seems that every month, if not every week, different manufacturers
    > are coming up with the latest digital cameras to entice potential
    > clients. Here's how to avoid being taken to the cleaners!
    >
    > Read This Full Article At: http://tinyurl.com/mje3m

    Zero worthwhile information
    Loads of misinformation
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Mar 1, 2006
  4. ARG

    John Fryatt Guest

    Helen wrote:
    > "ARG" <> wrote in message
    >> The Secrets => To Finding The Best Digital Camera ...
    >>
    >> It seems that every month, if not every week, different manufacturers
    >> are coming up with the latest digital cameras to entice potential
    >> clients. Here's how to avoid being taken to the cleaners!
    >>
    >> Read This Full Article At: http://tinyurl

    > Like many people, I won't click tinyurls. I like to know where I'm going.
    > If your grand secrets are grand enough then have the courage to post the
    > full URL.

    Hmmm.. tricky one that. I share your misgivings about tinyurls, but I
    have been berated before now for posting a long URL. You can't win! :-(

    John

    John Fryatt, Mar 1, 2006
  5. ARG

    Annika1980 Guest

    >Like many people, I won't click tinyurls. I like to know where I'm going.
    >If your grand secrets are grand enough then have the courage to post the
    >full URL.

    Well Helen, in that case you missed some of these pearls:

    :MEGAPIXELS . One of the most important features of digital
    :camera to make it into the best digital camera category is
    :its mega pixel property. The higher the mega pixels the
    :better the actual photograph will come out.

    BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!

    :LCD SIZE. The best digital camera will usually have a large
    :LCD to help you frame your subject without having to squint
    :to the viewfinder.

    BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!
    ---------------------------------------

    :MEMORY CARD. Memory cards can go up to 1G .

    BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!
    ---------------------------------------

    :You wouldn't want to buy a DSLR and use it with your home
    :activities or family outing and have to lug it around?!

    BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!

    Annika1980, Mar 1, 2006
  6. ARG

    Bill P Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >Like many people, I won't click tinyurls. I like to know where I'm
    > >going.
    >>If your grand secrets are grand enough then have the courage to post the
    >>full URL.

    > Well Helen, in that case you missed some of these pearls:
    >
    > :MEGAPIXELS . One of the most important features of digital
    > :camera to make it into the best digital camera category is
    > :its mega pixel property. The higher the mega pixels the
    > :better the actual photograph will come out.
    >
    > BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!
    >
    > :LCD SIZE. The best digital camera will usually have a large
    > :LCD to help you frame your subject without having to squint
    > :to the viewfinder.
    >
    > BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!
    > ---------------------------------------
    >
    > :MEMORY CARD. Memory cards can go up to 1G .
    >
    > BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!
    > ---------------------------------------
    >
    > :You wouldn't want to buy a DSLR and use it with your home
    > :activities or family outing and have to lug it around?!
    >
    > BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!

    "
    ..............if you're a photo junkie, you might require more than 32MB ."

    BZZZZZZZT ! CORRECT

    Bill P, Mar 1, 2006
  7. ARG

    Scott W Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > :You wouldn't want to buy a DSLR and use it with your home
    > :activities or family outing and have to lug it around?!
    >
    > BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!

    Yeah what's with that, most of us lugged film SLRs around for years why
    would we now all of a sudden not want to do so with a digital SLR? Of
    course I am a photo enthusiast since I use a memory card larger then
    32MB.

    Scott

    Scott W, Mar 1, 2006
  8. ARG

    Steve Mackie Guest

    >> Read This Full Article At: http://tinyurl
    >
    > Like many people, I won't click tinyurls. I like to know where I'm going.
    > If your grand secrets are grand enough then have the courage to post the
    > full URL.

    Go to http://tinyurl.com and click the "Preview Feature" on the left. It
    puts a cookie on your computer so that when you click a 'tinyurl' you get
    redirected to the tinyurl website with a preview of the actual link. You
    then have the option of continuing or not. ;)

    Steve

    Steve Mackie, Mar 1, 2006
  9. ARG

    SMS Guest

    ARG wrote:
    > The Secrets => To Finding The Best Digital Camera ...
    >
    > It seems that every month, if not every week, different manufacturers
    > are coming up with the latest digital cameras to entice potential
    > clients. Here's how to avoid being taken to the cleaners!
    >
    > Read This Full Article At: http://tinyurl.com/mje3m

    G-d what a stupid article. At least they did recommend dcresource.com,
    which has a better camera search engine than dpreview.

    SMS, Mar 1, 2006
  10. ARG

    Helen Guest

    > >Like many people, I won't click tinyurls. I like to know where I'm
    > >going.
    >>If your grand secrets are grand enough then have the courage to post the
    >>full URL.

    > Well Helen, in that case you missed some of these pearls:

    Oh, wow, what wonderful secrets! Thanks Annika, and thank goodness for my
    distrust of tinyurls!

    Helen, Mar 1, 2006
  11. ARG

    Freedom55 Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    >> Like many people, I won't click tinyurls. I like to know where I'm going.
    >> If your grand secrets are grand enough then have the courage to post the
    >> full URL.

    > Well Helen, in that case you missed some of these pearls:
    >
    > :MEGAPIXELS . One of the most important features of digital
    > :camera to make it into the best digital camera category is
    > :its mega pixel property. The higher the mega pixels the
    > :better the actual photograph will come out.
    >
    > BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!
    >
    > :LCD SIZE. The best digital camera will usually have a large
    > :LCD to help you frame your subject without having to squint
    > :to the viewfinder.
    >
    > BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!
    > ---------------------------------------
    >
    > :MEMORY CARD. Memory cards can go up to 1G .
    >
    > BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!
    > ---------------------------------------
    >
    > :You wouldn't want to buy a DSLR and use it with your home
    > :activities or family outing and have to lug it around?!
    >
    > BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!

    "You wouldn't want to buy a DSLR and use it with your home
    :activities or family outing and have to lug it around?!

    BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!"

    Hmm, didn't read the next paragraph did you which went like this?

    Or you don't want to buy the current point and shoot camera
    when you're very serious about being a professional
    photographer.

    Not saying it's a great article but something the novice might want to
    look at.

    Ron

    --
    And it really doesn't matter if
    I'm wrong I'm right

    Lennon & McCartney

    Freedom55, Mar 1, 2006
  12. ARG

    Helen Guest

    "Steve Mackie" <> wrote in message

    > Go to http://tinyurl.com and click the "Preview Feature" on the left. It
    > puts a cookie on your computer so that when you click a 'tinyurl' you get
    > redirected to the tinyurl website with a preview of the actual link. You
    > then have the option of continuing or not. ;)
    >
    > Steve

    You learn something new every day!
    Thanks Steve.

    Helen, Mar 1, 2006
  13. ARG

    Roger Guest

    On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 16:25:06 -0000, "Helen" <>
    wrote:

    >"ARG" <> wrote in message
    >> The Secrets => To Finding The Best Digital Camera ...
    >>
    >> It seems that every month, if not every week, different manufacturers
    >> are coming up with the latest digital cameras to entice potential
    >> clients. Here's how to avoid being taken to the cleaners!
    >>
    >> Read This Full Article At: http://tinyurl

    >Like many people, I won't click tinyurls. I like to know where I'm going.
    >If your grand secrets are grand enough then have the courage to post the
    >full URL.

    That's one of the main rules of "safe computing"<:))
    When one comes up, I wait until a number of people have commented on
    it, plus I my software comes up with security warnings about every
    time I go through "tinyurl".

    OTOH I won't click full length URLs either unless they come with a
    complete description from some one I know and even then I want
    verification.

    Now that a number of people have commented and served as guinea pigs,
    I'm willing to try it. <:))

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger, Mar 3, 2006
  14. ARG

    Roger Guest

    On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 18:35:48 -0000, "Bill P"
    <> wrote:

    >"Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >> >Like many people, I won't click tinyurls. I like to know where I'm
    >> >going.
    >>>If your grand secrets are grand enough then have the courage to post the
    >>>full URL.

    >> Well Helen, in that case you missed some of these pearls:
    >>
    >> :MEGAPIXELS . One of the most important features of digital
    >> :camera to make it into the best digital camera category is
    >> :its mega pixel property. The higher the mega pixels the
    >> :better the actual photograph will come out.
    >>
    >> BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!
    >>
    >> :LCD SIZE. The best digital camera will usually have a large
    >> :LCD to help you frame your subject without having to squint
    >> :to the viewfinder.
    >>
    >> BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!
    >> ---------------------------------------
    >>
    >> :MEMORY CARD. Memory cards can go up to 1G .
    >>
    >> BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!
    >>
    >> :You wouldn't want to buy a DSLR and use it with your home
    >> :activities or family outing and have to lug it around?!
    >>
    >> BZZZZZZT ! WRONG!

    >"
    >.............if you're a photo junkie, you might require more than 32MB ."
    >

    >BZZZZZZZT ! CORRECT

    What? You plan on shooting more than 2 images on an outing?

    Roger, Mar 3, 2006