The search for D B Cooper goes on

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by nowhere man, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. nowhere man

    nowhere man Guest

    For those of you born after 1971, D B Cooper is a legendary hijacker who has
    yet to be caught.
    On the travel channel they show an interesting treasure hunt. The top 10
    lost treausers. D B Cooper came up as number one. After some 30 odd years of
    this hunt, I have now realized what happened.

    First, D B Cooper is a fictitious name he chose to use for his persuit of
    happiness.
    Secondly, he IS or was, trained as either a paratrooper or has extencsive
    military jumping experience.
    Question: Why does a hijacker of an airplane release his hostages?
    Question: Why does a single hijacker request four parachutes?

    Answer: He wanted no witnesses to what he was doing with the parachutes.
    The parachutes, and a small portion of the money, were a decoy.
    No trained jumper in his right mind would parachute over mountains laden
    with trees of which he would undoubtedly wind up dead in.
    Even if he did manage to survive, he'd have a broken leg and a broken arm at
    the least.
    Sport parachutes were not readily available in 1971 which would have made
    his landing more negotiable.
    So what became of D B Cooper?
    Simple. When the plane landed he walked away from it from his hiding place.
    Of course, the FBI probably checked over the plane when it landed, but did
    not do a thorough search because they had assumed cooper had actually
    jumped.

    When the money was found years later in the oregon river, every one has
    assumed that cooper died in the jump. Which could not have happened because
    he did not jump.

    Oh and about the alleged jump itself? It's no big deal for a trained
    paratrooper to jump from a fast moving airplane at 10,000 feet altitude. If
    he had jumped, it was a suicide mssion.
    nowhere man, Aug 5, 2003

  2. nowhere man

    Brian H¹© Guest

    nowhere man said:

    > For those of you born after 1971, D B Cooper is a legendary hijacker who has
    > yet to be caught.
    > On the travel channel they show an interesting treasure hunt. The top 10
    > lost treausers. D B Cooper came up as number one. After some 30 odd years of
    > this hunt, I have now realized what happened.

    You realized nothing, you are just repeating what has been stated by
    investigators/reporters.

    (snip crap)
    Brian H¹©, Aug 5, 2003

  3. "nowhere man" <> wrote:

    >For those of you born after 1971, D B Cooper is a legendary hijacker who has
    >yet to be caught.

    He's hiding out at 'Phrozen Crew' headquarters. ;oÞ

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 5, 2003
  4. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote:

    >You realized nothing, you are just repeating what has been stated by
    >investigators/reporters.
    >
    >(snip crap)

    No, I left it in.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 5, 2003
  5. nowhere man

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    nowhere man <> wrote:

    > Simple. When the plane landed he walked away from it from his hiding place.
    > Of course, the FBI probably checked over the plane when it landed, but did
    > not do a thorough search because they had assumed cooper had actually
    > jumped.

    Are you assuming that everyone still on the plane was just ignored?

    FBI investigators always interview and follow-up everyone involved --
    and that certainly means everyone on the plane.
    There's no reason to assume they missed anything important.

    > When the money was found years later in the oregon river, every one has
    > assumed that cooper died in the jump.

    Actually, I thought most people assumed he survived and wasn't yet
    found.

    > It's no big deal for a trained
    > paratrooper to jump from a fast moving airplane at 10,000 feet
    > altitude. If he had jumped, it was a suicide mssion.

    Make up your mind -- is it 'no big deal' or is it 'suicide'?
    Remember that the military isn't the only way to train, and we have no
    way to know if he knew what he was doing or just trusted it could be
    done by an amateur.

    It's also seriously oversimplifying to make such statements about
    parachuting from the plane -- the ground below is not absolutely
    uniform, and claims that it would be insane or 'suicide' are totally
    unjustified. The words 'dangerous' and 'unpredictable' are more
    appropriate.
    Mitch, Aug 5, 2003
  6. Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >nowhere man <> wrote:
    >
    >> Simple. When the plane landed he walked away from it from his hiding place.
    >> Of course, the FBI probably checked over the plane when it landed, but did
    >> not do a thorough search because they had assumed cooper had actually
    >> jumped.

    >Are you assuming that everyone still on the plane was just ignored?
    >
    >FBI investigators always interview and follow-up everyone involved --
    >and that certainly means everyone on the plane.
    >There's no reason to assume they missed anything important.
    >
    >> When the money was found years later in the oregon river, every one has
    >> assumed that cooper died in the jump.

    >Actually, I thought most people assumed he survived and wasn't yet
    >found.
    >
    >> It's no big deal for a trained
    >> paratrooper to jump from a fast moving airplane at 10,000 feet
    >> altitude. If he had jumped, it was a suicide mssion.

    >Make up your mind -- is it 'no big deal' or is it 'suicide'?
    >Remember that the military isn't the only way to train, and we

    Who is this 'we'?

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 6, 2003
  7. nowhere man

    `~Rich Guest

    You say you realized what happened, however, you did not say what your
    realization was other than what the investigators concluded.

    Also, you posed two questions;
    Why does a hijacker of an airplane release his hostages?
    Why does a single hijacker request four parachutes? And the answers you
    give are rather boring. All you did was repeat what the travel channel
    said.

    --
    ~`Rich`~

    `~Rich, Aug 6, 2003
  8. nowhere man

    you suck Guest

    wtf has this got to do with 24 hour support?

    you suck, Aug 9, 2003
  9. nowhere man

    Mitch Guest

    Mitch, Aug 9, 2003
  10. "you suck" <> wrote:

    >wtf has this got to do with 24 hour support?

    *
    *

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 10, 2003
  11. Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Monsignor
    >Larville Jones MD <> wrote:
    >
    >> >Remember that the military isn't the only way to train, and we

    >> Who is this 'we'?
    >>
    >> > have no
    >> >way to know if he knew what he was doing or just trusted it could be
    >> >done by an amateur.

    >People who are discussing the subject of DB Cooper.
    >
    >It is entirely correct to use the term 'we'. The term does not require
    >a specified and unique group of members in order to be meaningful.
    >It only needs context, and that was evident.

    _You_ may have " no way to know if he knew what he was doing [...]",
    but I'll thank you not to attempt to speak for me (as one who was
    engaged in the discussion of DBC).

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 10, 2003