    Or do I? Natuarlly I did not read the whole thing as I realized this was a
    scam.

    So be watching your mailbox for it.

    richard, Nov 21, 2007

  2. richard

    meerkat Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Today I checked my usual mailbox and lo and behold I got an email from
    > someone claiming he had information on my family estate.
    > So curiosity leads me to open it. As suspected, the old Indian scam is
    > alive and well.
    > It would appear that my next of kin has $17,000,000 that needs to find a
    > new home. Cool. Only thing is, I have no kin by that name that I know of.
    > Or do I? Natuarlly I did not read the whole thing as I realized this was a
    > scam.
    >
    > So be watching your mailbox for it.

    If it sounds too good to be true, it is !!!

    meerkat, Nov 21, 2007

  3. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:19:42 -0500, richard <> wrote:

    >Today I checked my usual mailbox and lo and behold I got an email from
    >someone claiming he had information on my family estate.
    >So curiosity leads me to open it. As suspected, the old Indian scam is
    >alive and well.
    >It would appear that my next of kin has $17,000,000 that needs to find a
    >new home. Cool. Only thing is, I have no kin by that name that I know of.
    >Or do I? Natuarlly I did not read the whole thing as I realized this was a
    >scam.
    >
    >So be watching your mailbox for it.

    BACK?

    Since when was it gone?

    I get one of those a week.

    Evan Platt, Nov 21, 2007
  4. richard

    doS Guest

    Hi David,

    Please wire me $50,000.00 USD good faith money before you die.Its almost
    Christmas here in the USA and boy can my wife use a new SUV.I know what you
    mean about relatives, those bastards steal from you like a bunch of monkeys
    eating bananas.I can send you my paypal name,so hurry as the black friday
    deals are upon us.

    -----
    Kobo

    ----
    Subject: Reply Soon
    Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 00:53:21 +0100

    My name is David Ibrahim, a merchant in Oman. I have recently been
    diagnosed with Esophageal cancer, which has defiled all medical
    treatment. Expert diagnosis has shown that I have few months to live.

    The intention of this email is to employ the expertise of a business
    entrepreneur, who can identify a viable investment and guarantee
    reasonable returns on my wealth. This is to secure a future for my 4
    years old son who lost his mother during birth. I cannot rely on his
    closest relatives any more, as they did not show responsible behaviour
    two years ago when I entrusted half of my wealth to them to invest on
    his behalf. They thought I wouldn't survive the operation and then
    used the money for their personal needs.

    To prevent any more mishaps, my attorney will act as a check,
    monitoring every aspect of the investment. Funds should be split in
    half and distributed to charity organisation and the other half, as
    investment for my son.

    If this interests you, please reach me on the email address:
    discuss terms and compensation.

    Kind regard
    David Ibrahim

    doS, Nov 21, 2007
  5. richard wrote:

    > So curiosity leads me to open it. As suspected, the old Indian scam is
    > alive and well.

    Never open email from old Indians.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 21, 2007
  6. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:19:42 -0500, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>Today I checked my usual mailbox and lo and behold I got an email from
    >>someone claiming he had information on my family estate.
    >>So curiosity leads me to open it. As suspected, the old Indian scam is
    >>alive and well.
    >>It would appear that my next of kin has $17,000,000 that needs to find a
    >>new home. Cool. Only thing is, I have no kin by that name that I know of.
    >>Or do I? Natuarlly I did not read the whole thing as I realized this was a
    >>scam.
    >>
    >>So be watching your mailbox for it.

    > BACK?
    >
    > Since when was it gone?
    >
    > I get one of those a week.

    You just have a big family.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 21, 2007
  7. doS wrote:

    > My name is David Ibrahim, a merchant in Oman. I have recently been
    > diagnosed with Esophageal cancer, which has defiled all medical
    > treatment.

    Don't ya hate it when medical treatments get defiled?

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 21, 2007
  8. richard

    Tester Guest

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:19:42 -0500, richard <> wrote:

    >Today I checked my usual mailbox and lo and behold I got an email from
    >someone claiming he had information on my family estate.
    >So curiosity leads me to open it. As suspected, the old Indian scam is
    >alive and well.
    >It would appear that my next of kin has $17,000,000 that needs to find a
    >new home. Cool. Only thing is, I have no kin by that name that I know of.
    >Or do I? Natuarlly I did not read the whole thing as I realized this was a
    >scam.
    >
    >So be watching your mailbox for it.

    That sounds like a Nigerian 419. Most of those are very similar to the
    Spanish Prisoner scam. The Wikipedia article has it going back to the
    1920's but I think it's several centuries old.

    There's a nobleman imprisoned in Spain and if you use your money to
    help free him, he will share his riches once he gets out.

    In other words, yet one more rendition of the song "Make lots of money
    real soon by giving me money now."

    Most scams are pretty old, even if they take advantage of modern
    technology. Pyramid scams go back at least to Tulipmania in the early
    17th century. And note that the Tulipmania people WERE selling a real
    product with people who really wanted to use it. It's just that real
    demand for tulip bulbs by real tulip fanciers couldn't possibly
    support the frenzied pyramid sort of "I'm going to make lots of money
    by selling this at a profit to yet a bigger fool" sort of trading that
    went on and so the market had to collapse.

    Tester, Nov 21, 2007
  9. richard

    Plato Guest

    richard wrote:

    > Today I checked my usual mailbox and lo and behold I got an email from
    > someone claiming he had information on my family estate.

    Next time, delete it immediatly.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 22, 2007
  10. richard

    me Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > richard wrote:
    >>
    >> Today I checked my usual mailbox and lo and behold I got an email from
    >> someone claiming he had information on my family estate.

    > Next time, delete it immediatly.
    >
    > `

    All scammers should be strung up by their bollocks and whipped on live TV.
    (Except if they're female of course)

    me, Nov 23, 2007
  11. richard

    Plato Guest

    me wrote:

    > >> Today I checked my usual mailbox and lo and behold I got an email from
    > >> someone claiming he had information on my family estate.

    > > Next time, delete it immediatly.
    > >

    > All scammers should be strung up by their bollocks and whipped on live TV.
    > (Except if they're female of course)

    "except if they're females?"

    Darn, that would get a good TV rating. :)

    Plato, Nov 25, 2007