    so looks like now I am definitely sunk and will have to spend some more
    money.

    I'm sure it will stimulate the economy and everyone will soon thank me >G<
    philo, Sep 7, 2009

  2. philo

    NotMe Guest

    "philo"
    :
    : Damn, I think that things were best when I was 19 years old
    : and everything I owned I could carry in a small suitcase

    If you live long enough likely problems with health care (see current dust
    up) will have you in that state again. (Trust me it's not nearly as much
    fun)
    NotMe, Sep 7, 2009

  3. philo

    Buffalo Guest

    philo wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> philo wrote:
    >>> The other day I posted about how my brother was trying to sell me a
    >>> new and expensive vacuum cleaner.
    >>>
    >>> All this talk made me look at the house and I decided I should
    >>> clean it.
    >>>
    >>> Had a tree cut down recently and the whole downstairs is full of
    >>> wood chips and sawdust that's been tracked in.
    >>>
    >>> Well I'll be damned if we don't have three vacuum cleaners in the
    >>> house and none of them work . Two are totally useless and my 60 year
    >>> old one...
    >>> I finally have to admit...just barely picks up anything...
    >>>
    >>> so looks like now I am definitely sunk and will have to spend some
    >>> more money.
    >>>
    >>> I'm sure it will stimulate the economy and everyone will soon thank
    >>> me

    >> I'll drop by later today with my Rainbow sales kit.
    >>

    > Don't know what that is and I bet I don't need it.
    >

    > Damn, I think that things were best when I was 19 years old
    > and everything I owned I could carry in a small suitcase

    Ain't that a fact!
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Sep 7, 2009
  4. philo

    chuckcar Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > The other day I posted about how my brother was trying to sell me a new
    > and expensive vacuum cleaner.
    >
    > All this talk made me look at the house and I decided I should clean it.
    >
    > Had a tree cut down recently and the whole downstairs is full of wood
    > chips and sawdust that's been tracked in.
    >
    > Well I'll be damned if we don't have three vacuum cleaners in the house
    > and none of them work . Two are totally useless and my 60 year old
    > one... I finally have to admit...just barely picks up anything...

    You *did* replace the bag with a brand new one right? Just emptying the
    bag doesn't allow airflow to go through the bag as it's still clogged with
    dust.

    Never buy a vaccuum cleaner from a door to door salesman. Buy a Dyson.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 7, 2009
  5. philo

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 12:24:22 -0500, philo <> wrote:

    >Rôgêr wrote:
    >> philo wrote:

    >>> Don't know what that is and I bet I don't need it.

    >> What better testimonial could you ask for?
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q31JBaOZGb4

    How bout this one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RveYYGg6hzU&feature=related
    joevan, Sep 7, 2009
  6. philo

    Buffalo Guest

    philo wrote:
    > The Real Truth MVP wrote:
    >> Is it a Kirby?
    >>

    > Yep
    >
    > and I'd never consider buying one other than the fact that it's my own
    > brother...
    >
    > but he's still going to have to be one hell of a salesman to get me to
    > buy one

    A lightweight vacuum that is rated excellent in carpet,bare
    floors,emissions, and pet hair is the Hoover WindTunnel Anniversary Edition
    Bagged U5491-900 for $140.00US

    The Kirby Sentria is rated excellent in carpet,bare floors,emissions and
    only very good with pet hair for $1350.00 US.

    Course, that doesn't take into effect the quality of the equipment, but you
    could buy around 10 Hoovers for the price on the one Kirby.

    Buffalo

    PS: The Hoover weighs 18 lbs and the Kirby weighs 25 lbs.
    Buffalo, Sep 7, 2009
  7. philo

    Buffalo Guest

    philo wrote:
    > The other day I posted about how my brother was trying to sell me a
    > new and expensive vacuum cleaner.
    >
    > All this talk made me look at the house and I decided I should clean
    > it.
    >
    > Had a tree cut down recently and the whole downstairs is full of wood
    > chips and sawdust that's been tracked in.
    >
    > Well I'll be damned if we don't have three vacuum cleaners in the
    > house and none of them work . Two are totally useless and my 60 year
    > old one... I finally have to admit...just barely picks up anything...

    Many times the belt will become brittle and break in old vacuums and then it
    doesn't pick up a lot.
    Same if an inner filter is clogged or the cloth bag, containing the paper
    bag, is clogged or the wind tunnel after the brush is clogged from old wet
    crap or pieces of paper,etc.

    > so looks like now I am definitely sunk and will have to spend some
    > more money.
    >
    > I'm sure it will stimulate the economy and everyone will soon thank
    > me >G<

    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Sep 7, 2009
  8. philo

    philo Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > joevan wrote:

    >> How bout this one?
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RveYYGg6hzU&feature=related

    > My mom bought a Rainbow from a door-to-door salesman who showed her all
    > the dirty crud it captured into the water. It was expensive and she took
    > a bit of ribbing about it. But she was pulling it through the dining
    > room on it's casters when it tripped over it's own power cord. Poured
    > about a gallon or so of brownish-black water onto the carpet. I can't
    > remember ever seeing that vac again and I was afraid to ask her about it.

    thanks guys

    it's settled

    I won't buy a rainbow

    unless my little bro who can whomp my ass decides to start selling them <G>
    philo, Sep 7, 2009
  9. philo <> wrote:
    > Buffalo wrote:
    >> philo wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> Yep
    >>>
    >>> and I'd never consider buying one other than the fact that it's my own
    >>> brother...
    >>>
    >>> but he's still going to have to be one hell of a salesman to get me to
    >>> buy one

    >> A lightweight vacuum that is rated excellent in carpet,bare
    >> floors,emissions, and pet hair is the Hoover WindTunnel Anniversary
    >> Edition Bagged U5491-900 for $140.00US
    >>
    >> The Kirby Sentria is rated excellent in carpet,bare
    >> floors,emissions and only very good with pet hair for $1350.00 US.
    >>
    >> Course, that doesn't take into effect the quality of the equipment,
    >> but you could buy around 10 Hoovers for the price on the one Kirby.
    >>
    >> Buffalo
    >>
    >> PS: The Hoover weighs 18 lbs and the Kirby weighs 25 lbs.

    > This is making me giddy

    > when I was in college we didn't have a vacuum cleaner at all

    > if were expecting some women over we'd crawl around on our hands and
    > knees and pick up the worst of it with our hands

    > prolly dint matter...
    > i think all we needed to do was buy beer and stuff

    Lucky you...my five years, I lived at home, 24 kilometers west of the
    campus, in a city with a million and change neighbors. (At least it
    got easier for a while in the second year, when the US 59-to-I-45 link
    opened.)

    --
    Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey () Houston, Texas
    www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2008-09 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
    The Chief Instigator, Sep 7, 2009
  10. philo

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 14:57:07 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >joevan wrote:

    >> How bout this one?
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RveYYGg6hzU&feature=related

    >My mom bought a Rainbow from a door-to-door salesman who showed her all
    >the dirty crud it captured into the water. It was expensive and she took
    >a bit of ribbing about it. But she was pulling it through the dining
    >room on it's casters when it tripped over it's own power cord. Poured
    >about a gallon or so of brownish-black water onto the carpet. I can't
    >remember ever seeing that vac again and I was afraid to ask her about it.

    I first parsed the subject as "The savage vacuum cleaner." It appears I was
    right.

    --
    * Prowler wonders about this recurring lower back pain
    * AB takes the rabid weasel out of Prowler's shorts
    Mara, Sep 8, 2009
  11. On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 11:31:37 -0500, philo wrote:

    <axed>

    > Don't know what that is and I bet I don't need it.
    >
    > Damn, I think that things were best when I was 19 years old and
    > everything I owned I could carry in a small suitcase

    Rainbow Vacuum Cleaners are the best, in my opinion. I wish I could
    afford one.

    http://www.rainbowsystem.com/rainbowsystem/
    YuuShtrokHeet-AlWauch, Sep 8, 2009
  12. philo

    philo Guest

    The Chief Instigator wrote:
    > philo <> wrote:
    >> Buffalo wrote:

    >>> A lightweight vacuum that is rated excellent in carpet,bare
    >>> floors,emissions, and pet hair is the Hoover WindTunnel Anniversary
    >>> Edition Bagged U5491-900 for $140.00US
    >>>
    >>> The Kirby Sentria is rated excellent in carpet,bare
    >>> floors,emissions and only very good with pet hair for $1350.00 US.
    >>>
    >>> Course, that doesn't take into effect the quality of the equipment,
    >>> but you could buy around 10 Hoovers for the price on the one Kirby.
    >>>
    >>> Buffalo
    >>>
    >>> PS: The Hoover weighs 18 lbs and the Kirby weighs 25 lbs.

    >> This is making me giddy

    >> when I was in college we didn't have a vacuum cleaner at all

    >> if were expecting some women over we'd crawl around on our hands and
    >> knees and pick up the worst of it with our hands

    >> prolly dint matter...
    >> i think all we needed to do was buy beer and stuff

    > Lucky you...my five years, I lived at home, 24 kilometers west of the
    > campus, in a city with a million and change neighbors. (At least it
    > got easier for a while in the second year, when the US 59-to-I-45 link
    > opened.)

    In my situation I did so well in school that after two years
    I got a job offer so good I could not refuse it

    After I got out of the Army I took school a bit more seriously!
    philo, Sep 8, 2009
  13. philo

    philo Guest

    The Real Truth MVP wrote:
    > My step son used to work for Kirby. When I asked why he quit he said
    > "It's a scam am I'm tired of duping old people out of their money"

    Well all I can say is that it's still better than him selling drugs

    (I guess)
    philo, Sep 8, 2009
  14. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    > The other day I posted about how my brother was trying to sell me a new
    > and expensive vacuum cleaner.
    >
    > All this talk made me look at the house and I decided I should clean it.
    >
    > Had a tree cut down recently and the whole downstairs is full of wood
    > chips and sawdust that's been tracked in.
    >
    > Well I'll be damned if we don't have three vacuum cleaners in the house
    > and none of them work . Two are totally useless and my 60 year old one...
    > I finally have to admit...just barely picks up anything...
    >
    > so looks like now I am definitely sunk and will have to spend some more
    > money.
    >
    > I'm sure it will stimulate the economy and everyone will soon thank me >G<

    LOL I'll recommend this one.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Pullman-Holt-Up...,2-Motors_W0QQitemZ370048407593QQcmdZViewItem
    Hope the link works, shop around.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Sep 8, 2009
  15. philo

    philo Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The philo Post:
    >> The other day I posted about how my brother was trying to sell me a new
    >> and expensive vacuum cleaner.
    >>
    >> All this talk made me look at the house and I decided I should clean it.
    >>
    >> Had a tree cut down recently and the whole downstairs is full of wood
    >> chips and sawdust that's been tracked in.
    >>
    >> Well I'll be damned if we don't have three vacuum cleaners in the house
    >> and none of them work . Two are totally useless and my 60 year old one...
    >> I finally have to admit...just barely picks up anything...
    >>
    >> so looks like now I am definitely sunk and will have to spend some more
    >> money.
    >>
    >> I'm sure it will stimulate the economy and everyone will soon thank me
    >> >G<

    > LOL I'll recommend this one.
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/Pullman-Holt-Up...,2-Motors_W0QQitemZ370048407593QQcmdZViewItem
    >
    > Hope the link works, shop around.

    Well my brother did not call me yet

    but I don't think I'm off the hook!
    philo, Sep 8, 2009
  16. philo <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<h86i32$5am$-september.org>:

    >OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added

    My
    >> Two Cents To The philo Post:
    >>> The other day I posted about how my brother was trying to sell me a

    new
    >>> and expensive vacuum cleaner.
    >>>
    >>> All this talk made me look at the house and I decided I should

    clean it.

    >>> Had a tree cut down recently and the whole downstairs is full of

    wood
    >>> chips and sawdust that's been tracked in.
    >>>
    >>> Well I'll be damned if we don't have three vacuum cleaners in the

    house
    >>> and none of them work . Two are totally useless and my 60 year old

    one...
    >>> I finally have to admit...just barely picks up anything...
    >>>
    >>> so looks like now I am definitely sunk and will have to spend some

    more
    >>> money.
    >>>
    >>> I'm sure it will stimulate the economy and everyone will soon thank

    me

    >> LOL I'll recommend this one.
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Pullman-Holt-Upright-Vac,Electrolux,ProTeam,2-

    Motors_W0QQitemZ370048407593QQcmdZViewItem

    >> Hope the link works, shop around.
    >>

    >Well my brother did not call me yet
    >
    >but I don't think I'm off the hook!

    You coulda had one of em fixed by now.