    OK, so who was the assclown at Universal who decided
    *not* to include the pilot in the Season 1 set?

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Dec 7, 2005

  2. jayembee

    Guest

    Must be the same clown who decided not to include the pilots for
    Moonlighting, Twin Peaks, Due South, and Barney Miller on their Season
    1 sets. :)

    , Dec 7, 2005

  3. jayembee

    Jeff Rife Guest

    () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Must be the same clown who decided not to include the pilots for
    > Moonlighting

    I'm not sure what you mean by this, unless the episode "Pilot" on disc 1
    of the set is substantially altered or something.

    --
    Jeff Rife |

    Jeff Rife, Dec 7, 2005
  4. jayembee

    jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    > Must be the same clown who decided not to include the
    > pilots for Moonlighting, Twin Peaks, Due South, and
    > Barney Miller on their Season 1 sets. :)

    The MOONLIGHTING pilot *is* on the Season 1 set. At
    least, it's in my copy.

    Artisan didn't "decide" to leave the TWIN PEAKS pilot off
    the Season 1 set. The rights to the pilot were held by Warner
    Bros. separately from the series (they helped finance it in
    return for distribution rights outside North America, as well
    as video rights worldwide), who wouldn't license it to
    Artisan. In fact, the set was delayed for quite a while
    after Artisan's original intended release date while they
    tried to convince Warner to let them use the pilot. They
    had to finally give in and release the set sans pilot.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Dec 7, 2005