    Can anyone who owns this Edition send me Scans of the Packaging so I can
    build my own?

    wired

    wired, Jun 26, 2003

  2. wired

    Gerry Guest

    http://www.dvdcoverart.com/

    Gerry, Jun 26, 2003

  3. wired

    Evil Guest

    "wired" <> wrote in message news:<IlDKa.20257$>...
    > Hi!
    >
    > I recently purchased the Criterion Edition of "The Rock".
    > I got it really cheap because the Packaging was severely damaged but the
    > Discs were ok.
    > Can anyone who owns this Edition send me Scans of the Packaging so I can
    > build my own?
    >
    > wired

    I found it here.

    http://dvdcoverart.com/dvdcoverart/showitem.php?id=654

    I think you may have to pay a bit for it, though. I'm not sure.

    Evil, Jun 26, 2003
  4. wired

    wired Guest

    Am Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:23:14 -0700 schrieb Evil:

    > "wired" <> wrote in message news:<IlDKa.20257$>...
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I recently purchased the Criterion Edition of "The Rock".
    >> I got it really cheap because the Packaging was severely damaged but the
    >> Discs were ok.
    >> Can anyone who owns this Edition send me Scans of the Packaging so I can
    >> build my own?
    >>
    >> wired

    > I found it here.
    >
    > http://dvdcoverart.com/dvdcoverart/showitem.php?id=654
    >
    > I think you may have to pay a bit for it, though. I'm not sure.

    Thanks, but i already got that, what I'm looking for is the cardboard box
    the dvd-case is packaged in.
    Thats what i'm looking for:
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/manuz2/images/jdvd_therockcriterion_z2.jpg

    wired

    wired, Jun 26, 2003
  5. wired

    Shrapnel Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:45:25 GMT, wired <> wrote:

    >Am Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:23:14 -0700 schrieb Evil:
    >
    >> "wired" <> wrote in message news:<IlDKa.20257$>...
    >>> Hi!
    >>>
    >>> I recently purchased the Criterion Edition of "The Rock".
    >>> I got it really cheap because the Packaging was severely damaged but the
    >>> Discs were ok.
    >>> Can anyone who owns this Edition send me Scans of the Packaging so I can
    >>> build my own?
    >>>
    >>> wired

    >> I found it here.
    >>
    >> http://dvdcoverart.com/dvdcoverart/showitem.php?id=654
    >>
    >> I think you may have to pay a bit for it, though. I'm not sure.

    >Thanks, but i already got that, what I'm looking for is the cardboard box
    >the dvd-case is packaged in.
    >Thats what i'm looking for:
    >http://perso.wanadoo.fr/manuz2/images/jdvd_therockcriterion_z2.jpg
    >
    >wired

    I do own THE ROCK Criterion's release and there's no such thing as
    this carboard box....

    No Criterion has a box like that unless it's a boxset.

    Shrapnel, Jun 27, 2003
  6. wired

    wired Guest

    Am Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:26:13 -0400 schrieb Shrapnel:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:45:25 GMT, wired <> wrote:

    >>> I found it here.
    >>>
    >>> http://dvdcoverart.com/dvdcoverart/showitem.php?id=654
    >>>
    >>> I think you may have to pay a bit for it, though. I'm not sure.

    >>Thanks, but i already got that, what I'm looking for is the cardboard box
    >>the dvd-case is packaged in.
    >>Thats what i'm looking for:
    >>http://perso.wanadoo.fr/manuz2/images/jdvd_therockcriterion_z2.jpg
    >>
    >>wired

    > I do own THE ROCK Criterion's release and there's no such thing as
    > this carboard box....
    >
    > No Criterion has a box like that unless it's a boxset.

    You mean yours doesn't look like on the link? Thats strange. I also own
    The Royal Tenenbaums Criterion which comes in a cardboard box and thats no
    box set as well...

    wired

    wired, Jun 27, 2003
  7. wired

    Erik Guest

    "wired" <> skrev i en meddelelse

    > You mean yours doesn't look like on the link? Thats strange. I also own
    > The Royal Tenenbaums Criterion which comes in a cardboard box and thats no
    > box set as well...

    That's intriguing. I have never seen any Criterion cardboard boxes outside
    some of their box sets. Maybe there are different versions available, like
    one from Canada (from Alliance) and one from USA?

    /Erik

    Erik, Jun 27, 2003
  8. wired

    NoSpamNews Guest

    Re: Set PIO to avoid BSOD's when burning?

    Neil wrote:
    > Interesting....
    >
    > (I had tried using the latest VIA drivers, and that hadn't helped).
    >
    > Yes, in most instances I was trying to burn a DVD+RW (with the previous
    > writer), or a DVD-RW with the new one. I just couldn't afford to create
    > coasters at £1 a time.
    >
    > Do you think burning DVD-R's with DMA on would be OK, and that it's just
    > RW's that need PIO set?
    >
    > I'm still not clear on the impact of using PIO versus DMA anyway.

    Slower?

    > Neil

    OK, here goes...
    Communicating with any device such as the HD/CD/DVD may be done using
    PIO (1, 2, 3 or 4) or DMA (0, 1, 2...) where higher lvl DMA is usually
    also called UDMA or Ultra DMA.
    The main difference between PIO (Programmable Input Outout) and DMA
    (Direct Memory Access) is that when using PIO, the computer's CPU is
    involved in the operation at all times. When using DMA on the other
    hand, there is (at least one) DMA controller (hardware) that handles the
    transfer instead of the CPU, hence the same operation towards a device
    using PIO or DMA could in the worst case differ from CPU usage of near
    100% (PIO) to near 0% (DMA). Hence using DMA to communicate with the
    devices makes it possible to use the computer for other tasks in the
    meanwhile without having to wait (that much) for the data transfer to
    complete.

    Whether or not it would be possible for you to burn DVD-Rs with DMA
    enabled is for you to find out. As far as I have learned, this problem
    is not (unfortunately) seen by all users although same chipsets and
    operating systems are being used.

    So try it out, if you are lucky, it might work. Otherwise your stuck
    with PIO (like me) or buying a new machine :-(

    / Peter

    NoSpamNews, Jun 27, 2003
  9. wired

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Erik" <> wrote in message
    "wired" <> skrev i en meddelelse

    > You mean yours doesn't look like on the link? Thats strange. I also
    > own The Royal Tenenbaums Criterion which comes in a cardboard
    > box and thats no box set as well...

    <<That's intriguing. I have never seen any Criterion cardboard boxes
    outside some of their box sets. Maybe there are different versions
    available, like one from Canada (from Alliance) and one from USA?
    /Erik>>

    Some people are wondering just who Norm was and what he contributed to
    this newsgroup. Here we have a perfect example of how Norm would share
    his special knowledge.

    Whenever an important controversy -- such as this The Rock Criterion
    Edition, cardboard/non-cardboard box deal going on here -- Norm would
    step in and set things straight. He was the only one who had this rare
    and unique talent.

    Scot Gardner, Jun 27, 2003
  10. wired

    wired Guest

    I just found out what it is, it seems to be some French Edition that used
    the Criterion Edition's contents (like the UK Version).
    Thx all for wondering with me :)
    Anyway, i plan to create a Box by myself, i also postet a request on
    www.dvdcoverart.com.

    wired

    "John Howells" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > "wired" <> wrote
    >
    > > You mean yours doesn't look like on the link? Thats strange. I also own
    > > The Royal Tenenbaums Criterion which comes in a cardboard box and thats

    no
    > > box set as well...

    > Mine does not look like that either. And mine did not have a box. I've got

    > vague notion that the image you referenced was not an outer box (as my
    > Canadian copy of the Criterion edition of The Royal Tenenbaums also has)

    but

    wired, Jun 27, 2003