    for that sort of thing, or a system that rewards it.

    Microcephalic S. Bob
    http://www.roblindman.com/ - now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

    Guest, Jun 3, 2005

  2. <!-- Microcephalic S. Bob --> <? echo "The F-Word"; ?> <!-- Unorthodox
    Interpretation --> wrote:
    > I know you don't care, but I wanted to clarify. I walked away from my
    > last job because someone high up in the company "asked" me to use my
    > position to further unethical ends. This person was, prior to this, a
    > trusted friend and I didn't expect it. I humored him, but I left,
    > disgusted. I have no respect for that sort of thing, or a system that
    > rewards it.

    Now you've gone an piqued my curiosity...

    Dirt. We want dirt.

    --
    Fris "Curiosity kill-filed the Catwalker" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 3, 2005

  3. You know only what you want to know. I think you'd be surprised by the truth
    no and then. You do remind me of myself a little bit. I respect your need
    and perseverance to be ethical, in fact I commend it.

    As or your superior telling you to do things unethically; I've been there.
    The last company I left (in 2004) was more than money issues. Come to find
    out the President was a racist. I voiced my problem with that, because it
    was circling in office email. I told him it wasn't his beliefs, but if we
    ever had to print documents for a court case this would look bad. He told me
    and another employee that it wasn't our place to tell him what to do, and
    called us both anal for picking out the details. He then asked me for an
    apology. I refused and left. Holding ones values close is an important
    factor in becoming who you are. Just don't close your mid to the words of
    another person.

    As for me. I do choose to be optimistic. And no I don't believe I'm a slave,
    and yes I am proud of my accomplishments , and my failures. I'm proud to say
    I had a nearly million-dollar a year service consulting business. I proud of
    the contracts I had with big businesses like Bank of America, US Airways,
    Dell, Cingular, and the list continues.I'm also proud of the fact I ran this
    business from the basement of my home with 3 full time employees not
    including myself. I can't change the facts, I can't go back and stop events
    of 9/11 from happening, which grounded parts and stopped the business form
    happening, because companies were not worrying about repairing there servers
    for a while. But I still hold no ill will. I do know life is nothing more
    than a rat race to death, and the legacy I leave isn't for when I go, it's
    for while I'm here.Ironic actually, I don't care what people think about me,
    I am what I am and you accept me or you don't, but I do want to be as real
    as I can while not worrying about stepping on toes, yet I do admittedly have
    a disposition that sometimes might contradict that.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..
    "<!-- Microcephalic S. Bob --> <? echo "The F-Word"; ?> <!-- Unorthodox

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 3, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    > You know only what you want to know.

    Unfortunately, I know the opposite. I know too many things I'd rather not
    know. I'm uncertain as to whether that's my fault or not.

    > I think you'd be surprised by the truth no and then. You do remind me of
    > myself a little bit. I respect your need and perseverance to be ethical,
    > in fact I commend it.

    Unfortunately, the truth is all I see. I'd like to hide from it the way
    other people seem to. Not my choice.

    There is no real me.

    > As or your superior telling you to do things unethically; I've been there.
    > The last company I left (in 2004) was more than money issues. Come to find
    > out the President was a racist. I voiced my problem with that, because it
    > was circling in office email. I told him it wasn't his beliefs, but if we
    > ever had to print documents for a court case this would look bad. He told
    > me and another employee that it wasn't our place to tell him what to do,
    > and called us both anal for picking out the details. He then asked me for
    > an apology. I refused and left. Holding ones values close is an important
    > factor in becoming who you are. Just don't close your mid to the words of
    > another person.

    The notion of tolerance is a grandiose one, but a failed experiment among
    humans. There will always be people who don't like this particular
    stereotype or that one. And there will always be people who, while they hate
    the notion of stereotypes, do everything they can to fall into stereotypes.
    These folks will tell you on one hand that it's wrong to dislike people of a
    particular 'type', and then will go ahead and tell you why the 'type' they
    are is better. Trying to force all of these different kinds of people
    together and expecting them to get along is a recipe for disaster.

    Values are something we discard when we find it to our benefit to do
    otherwise, and we stand behind when we find it to our benefit to do so. Our
    opinions and our values fluctuate so frequently because all of our premises
    and notions are abstractions of the whole picture, and we must decide which
    portion of the whole picture we wish to see at any given point in time.

    The words of other people are going to describe the categories of their
    experiences, which formed their opinions, expectations, emotions, and
    perceptions. These opinions, expectations, emotions, and perceptions will
    fluctuate based on the current need of the individual expressing them, and
    should only be considered a series of noise to be filtered out. This allows
    the preservation of one's sanity and individuality in a world that wants to
    destroy both.

    > As for me. I do choose to be optimistic. And no I don't believe I'm a
    > slave, and yes I am proud of my accomplishments , and my failures. I'm
    > proud to say I had a nearly million-dollar a year service consulting
    > business. I proud of the contracts I had with big businesses like Bank of
    > America, US Airways, Dell, Cingular, and the list continues.I'm also proud
    > of the fact I ran this business from the basement of my home with 3 full
    > time employees not including myself. I can't change the facts, I can't go
    > back and stop events of 9/11 from happening, which grounded parts and
    > stopped the business form happening, because companies were not worrying
    > about repairing there servers for a while.

    With reference to slavery... Try to make it through a day without doing
    something because the world demands you do it. Then, you'll understand what
    I mean. Try to do a task the right way, taking your time, without getting
    interrupted or pushed to go faster and make mistakes.

    A note for next time... Have default clauses in the contract that state that
    in the event the customer fails to live up to the requirements of the
    contract, there's a cash settlement. Of course, anything that works in your
    favor will be cause for dispute, so pad up a few other items that will be in
    your favor that can get killed off in the negotiation.

    Criminals or slaves...

    > But I still hold no ill will. I do know life is nothing more than a rat
    > race to death, and the legacy I leave isn't for when I go, it's for while
    > I'm here.

    Not to dismiss your accomplishments or your life, but to me, the notion of a
    'legacy' is the same as the notion of a 'fallacy'. If you do a lot in life,
    you might get a crypt, if you do little, they might burn you to ashes and
    you get an urn. Can't tell that there's a difference on a planet of people.
    Best to do nothing. Fewer regrets and fewer people suffer.

    > Ironic actually, I don't care what people think about me, I am what I am
    > and you accept me or you don't, but I do want to be as real as I can while
    > not worrying about stepping on toes, yet I do admittedly have a
    > disposition that sometimes might contradict that.

    It's simply a question of balance. How can you be yourself the way you want
    to be, and how can you be a part of the world, the way the world wants you
    to be?

    Microcephalic S. Bob

    Guest, Jun 3, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > Now you've gone an piqued my curiosity...
    >
    > Dirt. We want dirt.

    Sensitive subject and one best not breached in public. I made my decision.
    Walked away from a lot of paper. Preserved my soul.

    Microcephalic S. Bob

    Guest, Jun 3, 2005
  6. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    Interpretation --> wrote:
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    >> Now you've gone an piqued my curiosity...
    >>
    >> Dirt. We want dirt.

    > Sensitive subject and one best not breached in public. I made my
    > decision. Walked away from a lot of paper. Preserved my soul.

    Big mistake. With enough money you could have bought a new and better soul.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Jun 3, 2005
  7. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    > It's simply a question of balance. How can you be yourself the way
    > you want to be, and how can you be a part of the world, the way the
    > world wants you to be?

    It seems to me that you guys focus your lives way too much on work. Being a
    "computer guy" is what I do not who I am. Do yourselves a favor and leave
    early today, get drunk and get laid.

    CBIC, Jun 3, 2005
  8. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    > It seems to me that you guys focus your lives way too much on work. Being
    > "computer guy" is what I do not who I am. Do yourselves a favor and leave
    > early today, get drunk and get laid.

    I concur.

    Jtyc, Jun 3, 2005
  9. Bob, It seems to be that you are hell bent on some kind of depression or
    something. Let me say something that will ease your soul: Living is not
    worth it. Headaches and troubles for the rest of your life. If you do not
    want to have a miserable life... then JUMP.
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    Ok... if you have hung around this long... then I have a bit of different
    advice for you. SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT YOUR WHINING!!!! Nobody here
    gives a damn if you walked away from your job, got fired, or were imprisoned.
    We don't care!!! There are a millions of people out there that are worse
    off than you... And UNTIL you are the one person on Earth that has it worse
    than everybody else... take it elsewhere!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=, Jun 3, 2005
  10. Guest

    meanoldman Guest

    Exactly. I do my job and go home.

    meanoldman MCNGP #1 - God's gift to IT newsgroups

    meanoldman, Jun 3, 2005
  11. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    > And UNTIL you are the one person on Earth that has it worse
    > than everybody else... take it elsewhere!!!

    Is there someplace one can apply for that position? What are the
    requirements?

    Do have any study guides you could share?

    Kindly do the needful.

    Jtyc, Jun 3, 2005

  12. > Is there someplace one can apply for that position?

    Yes... Try www.aptar.org

    >What are the requirements?

    Minimum 3 years with a Packi accent. Must own a dog. Stinking a plus!

    Yes... you can find them at www.mcngp.com

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=, Jun 3, 2005
  13. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ok.

    "Keyboard Cowboy" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Guest, Jun 3, 2005
  14. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Keyboard Cowboy" <> wrote

    > Bob, It seems to be that you are hell bent on some kind of depression or
    > something. Let me say something that will ease your soul: Living is not
    > worth it. Headaches and troubles for the rest of your life. If you do
    > not
    > want to have a miserable life... then JUMP.

    I jumped. It didn't do any good. It gave me a headache and troubles. Any
    other suggestions?

    > Ok... if you have hung around this long... then I have a bit of different
    > advice for you. SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT YOUR WHINING!!!!

    I didn't say any of this out loud. I'm not whining, I'm typing. You're not
    the boss of me. You really need to mellow out.

    > Nobody here
    > gives a damn if you walked away from your job, got fired, or were
    > imprisoned.
    > We don't care!!!

    Yes you do. That's why Frisbee asked for details, why The Rev wanted to
    participate in the conversation, why Kurt felt it necessary to defend his
    slavery, and why you're freaking out.

    > There are a millions of people out there that are worse
    > off than you...

    No there aren't. There are only 7 other people. And I am better than all of
    them.

    > And UNTIL you are the one person on Earth that has it worse
    > than everybody else... take it elsewhere!!!

    No. You're not the boss of me.

    Microcephalic S. Bob
    http://www.roblindman.com/ - all work and no play makes keyboard cowboy a
    dull boy

    Guest, Jun 3, 2005

  15. > No. You're not the boss of me.

    lol. ok. I'll go away now...

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=, Jun 3, 2005
  16. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    > I jumped. It didn't do any good. It gave me a headache and troubles. Any
    > other suggestions?

    You should try side straddle hops.

    > No there aren't. There are only 7 other people. And I am better than all

    of
    > them.

    *golf clap*

    I don't mean to brag, but I'm better than at least 10 other people.

    > No. You're not the boss of me.

    What does that pay? Is there an opening?

    Jtyc, Jun 3, 2005
  17. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc expostulated for all the world to
    hear;

    >> No. You're not the boss of me.

    > What does that pay? Is there an opening?

    I think you have to get Un-Certified first.

    then agree to work for nothing.

    Fringies are good, though!

    Oh, wait, no they're not. I was thinking of some other opening.

    Nevermind.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Jun 3, 2005
  18. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> I jumped. It didn't do any good. It gave me a headache and troubles. Any
    >> other suggestions?

    > You should try side straddle hops.

    I couldn't find that one in the Kama Sutra.

    >> No there aren't. There are only 7 other people. And I am better than all

    > of
    >> them.

    > *golf clap*
    >
    > I don't mean to brag, but I'm better than at least 10 other people.

    There are only 7 other people, so the other three must be clones.

    >> No. You're not the boss of me.

    > What does that pay? Is there an opening?

    There IS an opening, but I don't share it with anyone else. It's exit only.

    Microcephalic S. Bob

    Guest, Jun 3, 2005
  19. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >>> No. You're not the boss of me.

    >> What does that pay? Is there an opening?

    > I think you have to get Un-Certified first.

    You're right, I think I'd need a more qualified candidate. Someone dumb
    enough to think a piece of paper is important just doesn't get it. Besides,
    who on Earth could possibly be my supervisor, I'm already better than the 7
    other people, and I'm working on killing the 3 new ones that seem to have
    come out of nowhere. Or was I going to shave them? I forget which is right.
    I'm terrified, of course, because I've heard that these 3 new people are men
    that look like Kenny Rogers.

    I've never considered hiring a boss. It might be useful, someone to blame
    when I get it wrong. And here I was thinking I should take all the failure
    and blame upon myself. When I screw up, I could claim I was "only following
    orders." I'll meet with the Board Of Trustees and they can determine if I
    need other people to tell me what to do. It might be easier and require me
    to think less.

    I'd have to hire a boss for him, too, though, to keep him in line, and
    ensure that things are getting done to Quality Assurance standards. That
    way, there's someone that can fire him if he doesn't do the job right. I'll
    run it by the comittee. Thanks!

    The only thing I don't know is, what if I got fired from being me? Who would
    I be then?

    > then agree to work for nothing.

    He's already working for nothing. We all are. I thought I made that clear.
    Wait, that's not right. I'll tell you what, I'll pay in bumper stickers and
    Taco Bell coupons. Paper, that's it. That seems to be a commodity that
    people are willing to work for. Maybe he'll help me to paint the fence for
    tickets so I can move ahead in sunday school... Or is that whitewash?

    > Fringies are good, though!

    If this was the MSAgent newsgroup, Fringies would have an entirely different
    meaning.

    > Oh, wait, no they're not. I was thinking of some other opening.

    Please, stop thinking about my various openings. Some of them are secret and
    shouldn't be talked about publicly.

    Microcephalic S. Bob

    Guest, Jun 3, 2005
  20. Not really. I think Bob seems to like debate as much as I do. As for me I
    don't take my work home either. What I've brought with my side of the
    discussion is more a focus on the person not the job. But the man makes the
    employee so admittedly they cross paths.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..