The Return of the Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hello.

    I have XP Pro on SP1.

    I have recently started to get blue screen crashes quite a lot.

    On my very old system that had Win 98se, I also got these blue screen
    crashes.

    The only possible cause I can think of is that the crashes only
    started to occur for both machines after I had installed a new
    Creative Soundcard and the software that goes with it as well.

    This is the only real common factor with both of the systems I've had
    and when they started crashing... after the Creative product
    installation! It seems to be too much of a coincidence to me.

    Even though I believe Creative make some good products, I have always
    thought that the software they produce is buggy, and not as completely
    compatible with Windows as you would expect. I also believe their
    hardware could be improved on in quality. If it wasn't for that their
    products would be top notch fantastic IMO.

    On the 98se machine it was one of the old Platinum Blasters. On my
    current XP system it is the Audigy 2 ZS.

    When I get the blue screens is there any way I can get this
    information to print out or to be saved somewhere? I would really
    like to know what it says. The problem is that the system restarts
    straight away after displaying the blue screen for just a couple of
    seconds.

    If you know of anywhere a blue screen log could be stored on my system
    I'd love to know.

    Thanks for your help

    John
    John, Feb 24, 2005

  2. John

    Apollo Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hello.
    >

    > When I get the blue screens is there any way I can get this
    > information to print out or to be saved somewhere? I would
    > really
    > like to know what it says. The problem is that the system
    > restarts
    > straight away after displaying the blue screen for just a couple
    > of
    > seconds.
    >
    > If you know of anywhere a blue screen log could be stored on my
    > system
    > I'd love to know.

    Control Panel | System Properties | Advanced | Startup and
    Recovery - Settings | System failure - Automatically restart -
    Un-tick

    HTH,

    Ian
    Apollo, Feb 25, 2005