The recession and you: has the economy changed your IT spending?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mikhail, Jul 27, 2009.

  1. Mikhail

    Mikhail Guest

    If you can spare about 10 minutes to take a survey I would love to
    hear about how the global recession is (or is not) changing your
    personal or organizational IT plans.

    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Co3CDMHC47_2fTCyYvGNSa_2fA_3d_3d&c=56

    This is part of a study I am conducting for my own blog
    (www.surkan.com), and I will be making the results freely available in
    the coming weeks. I am doing this as part of my own private research
    effort, and it isn't being done on the behalf of any corporations or
    clients. This subject (i.e. how the economy impacts IT trends) is
    something that has fascinated me for years while I was employed as a
    market researcher at Microsoft, and now that I am no longer with the
    firm I am free to really explore the subject.

    I don’t have any fancy prizes, or incentives, to offer you for taking
    the survey (i.e. I don’t have any kind of research budget), but I can
    promise the reward that comes from helping your fellow man, and making
    the world a better place.

    Ok, that’s a little over the top… But your contribution (through
    answering the survey questions) will go towards helping the tech
    industry understand how to better meet your needs in a changed world.
    If nothing else, the results of this study should prove to be an
    interesting read for anyone. :)

    Thanks,
    Michael Surkan

    P.S. This survey is designed so that people who say they have an IT
    related job will be shown enterprise-type questions. Everyone else
    will see questions about technology spending in the home. You are free
    to take the survey twice if you are particularly ambitious, answering
    both the enterprise and consumer IT sections.

    Mikhail, Jul 27, 2009

  2. Mikhail

    Stephen Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:43:17 -0700 (PDT), Mikhail
    <> wrote:

    >If you can spare about 10 minutes to take a survey I would love to
    >hear about how the global recession is (or is not) changing your
    >personal or organizational IT plans.
    >
    >http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Co3CDMHC47_2fTCyYvGNSa_2fA_3d_3d&c=56
    >
    >This is part of a study I am conducting for my own blog
    >(www.surkan.com), and I will be making the results freely available in
    >the coming weeks. I am doing this as part of my own private research
    >effort, and it isn't being done on the behalf of any corporations or
    >clients. This subject (i.e. how the economy impacts IT trends) is
    >something that has fascinated me for years while I was employed as a
    >market researcher at Microsoft, and now that I am no longer with the
    >firm I am free to really explore the subject.
    >
    >I don’t have any fancy prizes, or incentives, to offer you for taking
    >the survey (i.e. I don’t have any kind of research budget), but I can
    >promise the reward that comes from helping your fellow man, and making
    >the world a better place.
    >
    >Ok, that’s a little over the top… But your contribution (through
    >answering the survey questions) will go towards helping the tech
    >industry understand how to better meet your needs in a changed world.
    >If nothing else, the results of this study should prove to be an
    >interesting read for anyone. :)
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Michael Surkan
    >
    >P.S. This survey is designed so that people who say they have an IT
    >related job will be shown enterprise-type questions. Everyone else
    >will see questions about technology spending in the home. You are free
    >to take the survey twice if you are particularly ambitious, answering
    >both the enterprise and consumer IT sections.

    survey is broken as "other" is not an acceptable answer for jobs,
    industry etc.
    --
    Regards

    - replace xyz with ntl