The Rancher

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Sep 24, 2010.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    A man owned a small ranch near Marfa . The Texas Labor Department got a
    tip that he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an
    investigator out to interview him.

    "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them, " demanded
    the investigator. "Well," replied the rancher,
    "there's my ranch hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $1200 a
    week plus free room and board.

    The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $1000 per week plus
    free room and board.

    Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does
    about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week,
    pays his own room and board. But, I buy
    him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night, and he also
    sleeps **with my wife occasionally."

    "That's the guy I want to talk to ...
    the half-wit," says the investigator.

    "That would be me," replied the rancher.

    Meat Plow, Sep 24, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/24/2010 11:07 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > A man owned a small ranch near Marfa . The Texas Labor Department got a
    > tip that he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an
    > investigator out to interview him.
    >
    > "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them, " demanded
    > the investigator. "Well," replied the rancher,
    > "there's my ranch hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $1200 a
    > week plus free room and board.
    >
    > The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $1000 per week plus
    > free room and board.
    >
    > Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does
    > about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week,
    > pays his own room and board. But, I buy
    > him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night, and he also
    > sleeps **with my wife occasionally."
    >
    > "That's the guy I want to talk to ...
    > the half-wit," says the investigator.
    >
    > "That would be me," replied the rancher.

    Now that's funny. :)

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Sep 24, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:07:28 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
    <> wrote:

    >A man owned a small ranch near Marfa . The Texas Labor Department got a
    >tip that he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an
    >investigator out to interview him.
    >
    > "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them, " demanded
    >the investigator. "Well," replied the rancher,
    >"there's my ranch hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $1200 a
    >week plus free room and board.
    >
    >The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $1000 per week plus
    >free room and board.
    >
    >Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does
    >about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week,
    >pays his own room and board. But, I buy
    >him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night, and he also
    >sleeps **with my wife occasionally."
    >
    > "That's the guy I want to talk to ...
    >the half-wit," says the investigator.
    >
    >"That would be me," replied the rancher.

    That sounds about par for a self employed dude. Funny.

    joevan, Sep 24, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/24/2010 9:26 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On 09/24/2010 11:14 AM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 9/24/2010 11:07 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> A man owned a small ranch near Marfa . The Texas Labor Department got a
    >>> tip that he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an
    >>> investigator out to interview him.
    >>>
    >>> "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them, " demanded
    >>> the investigator. "Well," replied the rancher,
    >>> "there's my ranch hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $1200 a
    >>> week plus free room and board.
    >>>
    >>> The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $1000 per week plus
    >>> free room and board.
    >>>
    >>> Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does
    >>> about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week,
    >>> pays his own room and board. But, I buy
    >>> him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night, and he also
    >>> sleeps **with my wife occasionally."
    >>>
    >>> "That's the guy I want to talk to ...
    >>> the half-wit," says the investigator.
    >>>
    >>> "That would be me," replied the rancher.
    >>>

    >> Now that's funny. :)
    >>

    > I hope he was not talking about you though :)

    Well he placed the rancher in Marfa, so who knows. LOL

    OldGringo38, Sep 25, 2010