    What does this mean? Do I have to open up my laptop and move a sweotch on my
    internal adapter card?
    You'r help with this would help me out a lot!!!
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Oct 29, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    BobC Guest

    On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:45:06 -0700, Paul wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > THis is the message I receive when trying to enable the radio in settings
    >
    > "THe radio on your 802.11 network adapter is still disabled. Use the
    > hardware radio control switch to enable it"
    >
    > What does this mean? Do I have to open up my laptop and move a sweotch on my
    > internal adapter card?
    > You'r help with this would help me out a lot!!!

    Mnay laptops have a little on/off switch fo rthe wireless radio located
    somewhere on the side/front/back of the computer. Others incorporate this
    switch in their wireless utility software. Check out your computer's user
    manual to find out where it is and turn it on.
    BobC, Oct 29, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    __spc__ Guest

    "BobC" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:45:06 -0700, Paul wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> THis is the message I receive when trying to enable the radio in settings
    >>
    >> "THe radio on your 802.11 network adapter is still disabled. Use the
    >> hardware radio control switch to enable it"
    >>
    >> What does this mean? Do I have to open up my laptop and move a sweotch on
    >> my
    >> internal adapter card?
    >> You'r help with this would help me out a lot!!!

    > Mnay laptops have a little on/off switch fo rthe wireless radio located
    > somewhere on the side/front/back of the computer. Others incorporate this
    > switch in their wireless utility software. Check out your computer's user
    > manual to find out where it is and turn it on.

    Yup - on my laptop, F2 has a WiFI icon on it, and FN+F2 enables/disables it.
    Took me a while to suss this out too...
    __spc__, Oct 29, 2005
  4. Thank you for this advice!!! The FN key with the F2 key is what made the
    radio turn on. It is working great.!!

    Paul

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Nov 16, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Sparky Guest

    This is awesome. I have spent days trying to figure out what happened. My
    problem happened out of seemingly nowhere, could not connect to the wireless
    on my Latitude D810.
    A few other things happened at the same time like the directories were all
    screwed up and I finanlly went back to a previous setting.
    It would be helpful to catalogue and this one back up the thread. If I
    could have found this earlier, it would have saved me a lot of aggrevation.
    Thanks!
    Sparky

    Sparky, May 29, 2008