the prophet

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by amira, Jan 21, 2008.

  1. amira

    amira Guest

    The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was born in the year 571
    (according to the Gregorian calendar) in the tribe of Quraish [which
    was held noble by all Arabs] in Makkah [which was considered the
    religious capital of the Arabian Peninsula].

    The Arabs would perform Hajj in Makkah, and circumambulate around the
    Ka'bah which was built by Prophet Ibrahim and his son Prophet Ismael,
    may Allah exalt their mention. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his
    mention, was an orphan. His father passed away before he was born, and
    his mother died when he was six years old. His grandfather, Abdul-
    Mutalib, took care of him, and when he died, his uncle, Abu Talib,
    took care of him. His tribe and the other tribes worshipped idols made
    from stone, wood and even gold. Some of these idols were placed around
    the Ka'bah. People believed that these idols could ward off harm or
    extend benefit. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was a
    trustworthy and honest person. He never behaved treacherously, nor did
    he lie or cheat; he was known amongst his people as 'Al-Ameen', or
    'The Trustworthy'. People would entrust him with their valuables when
    they wanted to travel. He was also known as 'As-Sadiq' or 'The
    Truthful' for he never told a lie. He was well-mannered, well-spoken,
    and he loved to help people. His people loved and revered him and he
    had beautiful manners. Allah, the Exalted, says: (Indeed you are of a
    great moral character.) [68:4] Thomas Carlyle said in his book:
    'Heroes, Hero-Worship and the Heroic in History': 'But, from an early
    age, he had been remarked as a thoughtful man. His companions named
    him "Al Amin, The Faithful." A man of truth and fidelity; true in what
    he did, in what he spoke and thought. They noted that he always meant
    something. A man rather taciturn in speech; silent when there was
    nothing to be said; but pertinent, wise, sincere, when he did speak;
    always throwing light on the matter. This is the only sort of speech
    worth speaking! Through life we find him to have been regarded as an
    altogether solid, brotherly, genuine man. A serious, sincere
    character; yet amiable, cordial, companionable, jocose even - a good
    laugh in him withal: there are men whose laugh is as untrue as
    anything about them; who cannot laugh. A spontaneous, passionate, yet
    just, true-meaning man! Full of wild faculty, fire and light; of wild
    worth, all uncultured; working out his life - takes in the depth of
    the Desert there.'The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, liked to
    seclude himself in the cave of Hira before he was commissioned as a
    prophet. He would stay there many nights at a time. He, may Allah
    exalt his mention, did not practice falsehood; he did not drink any
    intoxicants, nor did he bow to a statue or idol, or take an oath by
    them or offer to them an offering. He was a shepherd over a flock of
    sheep which belonged to his people. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his
    mention, said: 'Every prophet commissioned by Allah was a shepherd
    over a flock of sheep.' His companions asked him: 'Even you, O
    Messenger of Allah?' He said: 'Yes, I would take care of a flock of
    sheep for the people of Makkah.' (Bukhari 2143) When Prophet
    Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, turned forty, he received
    divine revelation; he was at the cave of Hira. The Mother of the
    believers, A'ishah, with whom Allah is pleased, said: 'The first thing
    that Allah's Messenger, may Allah exalt his mention, received, while
    in the Cave of Hira in Makkah, were good visions [dreams]. Every time
    he had a dream, it would come true and clear, like the split of the
    dawn. Later on, Allah's Messenger, may Allah exalt his mention, began
    to love being alone in meditation. He spent lengthy periods for days
    and nights to fulfill this purpose in the Cave before returning back
    to his family. He would take a supply of food for his trip. When he
    came back to his wife Khadeejah, with whom Allah is pleased, he would
    get a fresh supply of food and go back to the same Cave to continue
    his meditation.' 'The Truth came to him while he was in the Cave of
    Hira. The Angel Jibreel, may Allah exalt his mention, came to
    Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, and commanded him to read.
    Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, replied, "I cannot read!"
    Jibreel, may Allah exalt his mention, embraced Muhammad, may Allah
    exalt his mention, until he could not breathe, and then let him go
    saying: "O Muhammad! Read!" Again, Muhammad, may Allah exalt his
    mention, replied: "I cannot read!" Jibreel, may Allah exalt his
    mention, embraced Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, for the
    second time. He then ordered him to read for the third time, when he
    did not he embraced him tightly until he could not breathe, and then
    let him go saying: "O Muhammad! (Recite with the Name of Your Rubb!
    Who created, Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
    Proclaim! And your Rubb is Most Bountiful.) [96:1-3] The Messenger of
    Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, returned home trembling. He
    entered his home and told Khadeejah: "Cover me up, cover me up!"
    Khadeejah, with whom Allah is pleased, covered Muhammad, may Allah
    exalt his mention, until he felt better. He then informed her about
    what happened to him in the Cave of Hira. He said: "I was concerned
    about myself and my well-being." Khadeejah, with whom Allah is
    pleased, assured Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, saying: "By
    Allah! You don't have to worry! Allah, the Exalted, will never
    humiliate you! You are good to your kith and kin. You help the poor
    and needy. You are generous and hospitable to your guests. You help
    people who are in need." Khadeejah, with whom Allah is pleased, took
    her husband Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, to a cousin of hers
    named Waraqah bin Nawfal bin Asad bin Abdul Uzza. This man became a
    Christian during the Era of Ignorance. He was a scribe, who wrote the
    Scripture in Hebrew. He was an old man who became blind at the latter
    part of his life. Khadeejah, with whom Allah is pleased, said to her
    cousin, "O cousin, listen to what your nephew [i.e. Muhammad , may
    Allah exalt his mention, ] is about to tell you!" Waraqah said: "What
    is it you have seen, dear nephew?" The Messenger of Allah, may Allah
    exalt his mention, informed him of what he had seen in the Cave of
    Hira. Upon hearing his report, Waraqah said, "By Allah! This is the
    Angel Jibreel, may Allah exalt his mention, who came to Prophet Musa,
    may Allah exalt his mention. I wish I would be alive when your people
    will drive you out of Makkah!" The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt
    his mention, wondered: "Are they going to drive me out of Makkah?!"
    Waraqah affirmed positively saying, "Never has a man conveyed a
    Message similar to what you have been charged with, except that his
    people waged war against him - if I am to witness this, I will support
    you." Waraqah lived only a short period after this incident and passed
    away. Revelation also stopped for a while.' (Bukhari #3)The chapter
    of the Qur'an quoted in the hadeeth above marks the beginning when he
    was commissioned as a Prophet. Allah, the Exalted, then revealed to
    him: (O you (Muhammad (may Allah exalt his mention) enveloped (in
    garments); Arise and warn! And your Rubb (Allah) magnify! And your
    garments purify!) [74:1-4] This chapter of the Qur'an marks the
    beginning when he was commissioned as a Messenger. With the revelation
    of this chapter of the Qur'an the Prophet, may Allah exalt his
    mention, began calling his people to Islam openly. He began with his
    own people. Some of them refused adamantly to listen to him because he
    was calling them to a matter which they had not witnessed before. The
    Deen of Islam is a complete way of life, which deals with religious,
    political, economical and social affairs. Furthermore, the Deen of
    Islam did not only call them to worship Allah alone, and to forsake
    all idols and things they worshipped; rather, it prohibited them from
    things they considered pleasurable, such as consuming interest and
    intoxicants, fornication, and gambling. It also called people to be
    just and fair with one another, and to know that there was no
    difference between them except through piety. How could the Quraish
    [the noblest tribe amongst Arabs] stand to be treated equally with the
    slaves!! They did not only adamantly refuse to accept Islam; rather,
    they harmed him and blamed him, saying that he was a crazy person, a
    sorcerer and a liar. They blamed him with things they would not dare
    to have blamed him with before the advent of Islam. They incited the
    ignorant masses against him, and harmed him and tortured his
    companions. Abdullah b. Masood, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
    'While the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was standing up and
    praying near the Ka'bah, a group of Quraish were sitting in their
    sitting place, one of them said: 'Do you see this man? Would someone
    bring the dirt and filth and bloody intestines from the camels of so
    and so, and wait till he prostrates, and then place it between his
    shoulders? The most wretched amongst them volunteered to do it, and
    when the Prophet , may Allah exalt his mention, prostrated, he put the
    filth between his shoulders, so the Prophet , may Allah exalt his
    mention, stayed in prostration. They laughed so hard that they were
    about to fall on each other. Someone went to Fatimah, with whom Allah
    is pleased, who was a young girl, and informed her of what had
    happened. She hurriedly came towards the Prophet, may Allah exalt his
    mention, and removed the filth from his back, and then she turned
    around and she cursed the Quraishites who were sitting in that
    sitting. (Bukhari #498)Muneeb al-Azdi said: 'I saw the Messenger of
    Allah in the Era of Ignorance saying to people: 'Say there is no god
    worthy of being worshipped except Allah if you would be successful.'
    There were those who spat in his face, and those who threw soil in his
    face, and those who swore at him until midday. Whenever a certain
    young girl came with a big container of water, and he would wash his
    face and hands and say: 'O daughter do not fear that your father will
    be humiliated or struck by poverty.' (Mu'jam al-Kabeer # 805)Urwah b.
    az-Zubair said, 'I asked Abdullah b. Amr al-Aas to tell me of the
    worst thing the pagans did to the Prophet, may Allah exalt his
    mention, and he said: 'Uqbah b. Mu'ait approached the Prophet, may
    Allah exalt his mention, while he was praying near the Ka'bah, and he
    twisted his garment around his neck. Abu Bakr, with whom Allah is
    pleased, hurriedly approached and grabbed Uqbah's shoulder and pushed
    him away saying: 'Do you kill a man because he proclaims Allah as his
    Rubb, and clear signs have come to you from your Rubb?' ' (Bukhari
    3643)These incidents did not stop the Prophet, may Allah exalt his
    mention, from giving Da'wah. He called the many tribes that came to
    Makkah for Hajj to Islam. A few believed from the people of Yathrib,
    which is known today as Madinah, and they pledged to support him and
    help him if he chose to go with them to Madinah. He sent with them
    Mus'ab b. Umair, with whom Allah is pleased, who taught them Islam.
    After all the hardships that the Muslims of Makkah faced from their
    own people, Allah allowed them to migrate from their city to Madinah.
    The people of Madinah greeted them and received them in a most
    extraordinary manner. Madinah became the Capital of the Islamic state,
    and the point from which the Da'wah was spread. The Prophet, may Allah
    exalt his mention, settled there and taught people Qur'anic recitation
    and Islamic Jurisprudence. The inhabitants of Madinah were greatly
    moved and touched by the Prophet's manners. They loved him more than
    they loved their own selves; they would rush to serve him, and spend
    all they had in his path. The society was strong and its people were
    rich in terms of Iman (Faith) and they were extremely happy. People
    loved each other, and true brotherhood was apparent amongst its
    people. All people were equal; the rich, noble and poor, black and
    white, Arab and non-Arab - they were all considered as equals in the
    Deen of Allah, no distinction was made among them except through
    piety. After the Quraish learnt of the Prophet's Da'wah and that it
    had spread, they fought with the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention,
    in the first battle in Islam, the Battle of Badr. This battle took
    place between two groups which were unequal in preparations and
    weapons. The Muslims were 314; whereas, the pagans were 1000 strong.
    Allah gave victory to the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, and
    the Companions. After this battle, many battles took place between the
    Muslims and the pagans. After eight years the Prophet, may Allah exalt
    his mention, was able to prepare an army 10,000 strong. They headed
    towards Makkah and conquered it, and with this he defeated his people,
    who had harmed him and tortured his Companions in every way. They had
    even been forced to leave their property and wealth behind and flee
    for their lives. He decisively defeated them, and this year was called
    'The Year of the Conquest.' Allah, the Exalted, says: (When the
    victory of Allah has come and the conquest, and you see the people
    entering into the Deen of Allah in multitudes, then exalt him with
    praise of your Rubb and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever
    accepting of repentance.) [110:1-3] He then gathered the people of
    Makkah and said to them: 'What do you think I will do to you?' They
    answered: 'You will only do something favorable; you are a kind and
    generous brother, and a kind and generous nephew!' The Prophet, may
    Allah exalt his mention, said: 'Go - you are free to do as you
    wish.' (Baihaqi #18055)This was one of the main reasons why many of
    them accepted Islam. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, then
    returned to Madinah. After a period of time, the Prophet, may Allah
    exalt his mention, meant to perform Hajj, so he headed towards Makkah
    with 114,000 Companions and performed Hajj. This Hajj is known as
    'Haj'jatul-Wa'daa' or the 'Farewell Pilgrimage' since the Prophet, may
    Allah exalt his mention, never performed another Hajj, and died
    shortly after he performed it. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his
    mention, died in Madinah on the 12th day of Rabi ath-thani in the 11th
    year of Hijrah. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was buried
    in Madinah as well. The Muslims were shocked when they learnt of his
    death; some Companions did not believe it! Umar, with whom Allah is
    pleased, said: 'Whoever says that Muhammad is dead, I will behead
    him!' Abu Bakr, with whom Allah is pleased, then gave a speech, and
    read the words of Allah: (Muhammad is not but a Messenger. Other
    messengers have passed away before him. So if he was to die or be
    killed, would you turn back on your heels to unbelief? And He who
    turns back on his heels will never harm Allah at all; but Allah will
    reward the grateful.) [3:144]When Umar, with whom Allah is pleased,
    heard this verse he stopped saying what he was saying, since he was
    very keen on applying the rules of Allah. The Prophet, may Allah exalt
    his mention, was 63 years old. He stayed in Makkah for forty years,
    before being commissioned as a prophet. After being commissioned as a
    Prophet; he lived there for another 13 years in which he called people
    to Tawheed (true monotheism). He then migrated to Madinah, and stayed
    there for ten years. He continuously received the revelation there,
    until the Qur'an and the Deen of Islam were complete. George Bernard
    Shaw said: 'I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high
    estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion
    which appears to possess that assimilating capability to the changing
    phases of existence which make itself appeal to every age - I have
    prophesized about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable
    tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today.
    Medieval ecclesiastics, either through ignorance or bigotry, painted
    Muhammadanism in the darkest colours. They were, in fact, trained to
    hate both the man Muhammad and his religion. To them, Muhammad was an
    anti-Christ. I have studied him, the wonderful man, and in my opinion,
    far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of
    humanity - '[1] Written by: Abdurrahman al-Sheha Translated
    by:Abdurrahmaan Murad

    [1] Encyclopedia of Seerah, for Afzalur Rahman.
    < Prev Next >
    http://thetruereligion.org/modules/xfsection/

    http://www.islamtomorrowm.co
    amira, Jan 21, 2008

  2. amira

    seymour Guest

    and has this caused a problem with your pc?
    if not youre in the wrong group

    seymour, Jan 25, 2008

  3. amira

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 00:34:00 -0000, "seymour" <> wrote:

    >and has this caused a problem with your pc?
    >if not youre in the wrong group

    Did you need to quote all 257 lines to say that?
    Evan Platt, Jan 25, 2008