"The printer has not yet responded, but the MS Office program may be able to proceed without printe

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jimmy Clay, Nov 11, 2004.

  1. Jimmy Clay

    Jimmy Clay Guest

    Every time I start MS Word I get the message "The printer has not yet
    responded, but the MS Office program may be able to proceed without printer
    information." Does anyone no how to stop that from happening? I've asked
    the people on one of the MS Word groups, but they did not seem to have a
    solution that works.

    My computer is a home computer and is not connected to network and the
    driver is the default. The printer is a Lexmart x5150.

    On thing that I've noticed is the printer will not stay selected in the
    File -> Printer dialog box. I'll select it, and it's fine until I turn off
    the computer, but when I turn it back on it will no longer be selected. In
    fact no printer will be selected.

    Jimmy Clay

    Read free ebooks !!!!!
    Go to my web page:
    http://thesongofthecoyote.tripod.com/

    Jimmy Clay, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Jimmy Clay

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:31:02 -0600, "Jimmy Clay" <> wrote:

    >Every time I start MS Word I get the message "The printer has not yet
    >responded, but the MS Office program may be able to proceed without printer
    >information." Does anyone no how to stop that from happening? I've asked
    >the people on one of the MS Word groups, but they did not seem to have a
    >solution that works.
    >
    >My computer is a home computer and is not connected to network and the
    >driver is the default. The printer is a Lexmart x5150.
    >
    >On thing that I've noticed is the printer will not stay selected in the
    >File -> Printer dialog box. I'll select it, and it's fine until I turn off
    >the computer, but when I turn it back on it will no longer be selected. In
    >fact no printer will be selected.
    >
    >Jimmy Clay
    >
    >Read free ebooks !!!!!
    >Go to my web page:
    >http://thesongofthecoyote.tripod.com/

    Try this:
    Click Start, Settings, Printers and Faxes
    Delete the Lexmart printer
    Click "Add Printer" and using the printer wizard, add ANY printer.
    Say, a HP Deskjet 660C
    Once it's installed and made the default printer, reboot, run Word and see if
    it's recognized.
    Now go back and delete the HP deskjet, and reinstall the Lexmart.

    Unk, Nov 11, 2004