    in the movie They Live with Roddie Piper the wrestler. It was an ok movie I
    enjoyed and was surprised the damned thing was listing for $40 something.
    Just came across it at WalMart for $9.88

    profft, Mar 6, 2004

  2. profft wrote:
    > Isn't it amazing how certain titles can go for big big bucks oneday
    > are dirt cheap the next. Case in point about a year and a half ago I
    > was interested in the movie They Live with Roddie Piper the wrestler.
    > It was an ok movie I enjoyed and was surprised the damned thing was
    > listing for $40 something. Just came across it at WalMart for $9.88

    Hate to correct you but its Roddy Pipper. Otherwise yeah I
    hear you fully. It was like as if yesterday when titles like "Liar Liar"
    were going for $30 plus dollars... then again, it only feels like it
    was yesterday when Suncoast had a small stack of DVDs in stock
    and they were next to the small Laserdisc bin in the store too.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little

    Brian Demolition Man Little, Mar 6, 2004

  3. profft wrote:
    > Isn't it amazing how certain titles can go for big big bucks oneday are
    > dirt cheap the next. Case in point about a year and a half ago I was
    > interested in the movie They Live...was surprised the damned thing was
    > listing for $40 something. Just came across it at WalMart for $9.88

    It's a good point, but it might be better made if your two pricing examples
    were actually the same release.

    The version of _They Live_ you saw eighteen months ago was the OOP Image
    release from 1998, and the fact that it was OOP -- and thus collectible --
    was the reason it cost so much: its list price was only $14.99.

    The version that you saw at Wal-Mart was probably the newer Universal
    release, which came out in September 2003 and which lists for $14.98.

    doug

    --
    "She says I'm so obsessed that I'm becoming a bore..."
    --James

    Douglas Bailey, Mar 6, 2004
  4. profft

    Richard C. Guest

    "profft" <> wrote in message
    : Isn't it amazing how certain titles can go for big big bucks oneday
    are dirt
    : cheap the next. Case in point about a year and a half ago I was
    interested
    : in the movie They Live with Roddie Piper the wrestler. It was an ok
    movie I
    : enjoyed and was surprised the damned thing was listing for $40
    something.
    : Just came across it at WalMart for $9.88
    :
    Not bad for something that ain't worth 2 cents.

    By the way, a year and a half is not one day to the next.

    Richard C., Mar 6, 2004