The Pre-Dial 01635 Number

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by News Reader, Mar 15, 2007.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    Can anyone confirm what the dial pattern or dialling rules are for this
    service?

    I.e. for example, for a US destination, 1 234 1234567

    .... is the prefix 001, 00, 011, etc.?

    And if dialling a UK destination (e.g. 0845), do you directly dial the 0845
    number or use the full international format (e.g. presumably some prefix
    then 44845 123456, etc.).

    Many thanks and in advance.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    P.s. Please report on success rate (both of reaching the service [busy, fast
    busy, etc.] and completion of a through dialled call), quality, etc.

    News Reader, Mar 15, 2007

  2. On Mar 15, 10:03 am, "News Reader" <> wrote:

    > Can anyone confirm what the dial pattern or dialling rules are for this
    > service?
    >
    > I.e. for example, for a US destination, 1 234 1234567
    >
    > ... is the prefix 001, 00, 011, etc.?

    001, for example if the number is +1 (415) 767 2676 you would dial
    0014157672676.

    > And if dialling a UK destination (e.g. 0845), do you directly dial the 0845
    > number or use the full international format (e.g. presumably some prefix
    > then 44845 123456, etc.).

    Directly, for example 08457484950

    > P.s. Please report on success rate (both of reaching the service [busy, fast
    > busy, etc.] and completion of a through dialled call), quality, etc.

    Very Good quality, sometimes busy in evenings (get equipment engaged
    tone). Generally OK.

    HTH

    The Last Outpost, Mar 15, 2007

  3. News Reader

    Allan Gould Guest

    News Reader wrote:
    > Hi,

    [snip]

    > P.s. Please report on success rate (both of reaching the service [busy, fast
    > busy, etc.] and completion of a through dialled call), quality, etc.

    Works pretty well for me, especially for those pesky 0845 numbers that
    don't seem to have a geographic equivalent

    Allan Gould, Mar 15, 2007
  4. News Reader

    Guest

    On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:03:48 -0000, "News Reader" <>
    wrote:

    >P.s. Please report on success rate (both of reaching the service [busy, fast
    >busy, etc.] and completion of a through dialled call), quality, etc.

    Ok at all times during the weekend and before around 6 PM weekdays
    can't comment after that time because it is usually after midnight
    when I next use it .

    , Mar 15, 2007
  5. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    "News Reader" <> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone confirm what the dial pattern or dialling rules are for this
    > service?
    >
    > I.e. for example, for a US destination, 1 234 1234567
    >
    > ... is the prefix 001, 00, 011, etc.?
    >
    > And if dialling a UK destination (e.g. 0845), do you directly dial the
    > 0845 number or use the full international format (e.g. presumably some
    > prefix then 44845 123456, etc.).
    >
    > Many thanks and in advance.
    >

    > Best wishes,
    >

    > News Reader
    >

    > P.s. Please report on success rate (both of reaching the service [busy,
    > fast busy, etc.] and completion of a through dialled call), quality, etc.

    Hi,

    Many thanks for all your posts.

    I have had great success with this now. I think the dial routes I may have
    been trying (inbound) were a bit flaky - some redirected to NU / engaged
    type signal as unacceptable inbound dial route and others when prompted to
    enter the destination were not passing DTMF accurately / successfully. No
    problems now... very good... long may it last.

    Thanks again and best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Mar 16, 2007
  6. News Reader

    > "News Reader" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Can anyone confirm what the dial pattern or dialling rules are for this
    >> service?

    <SNIP>

    > News Reader

    Hi,

    Just out of interest / curiosity / idle thought.... any idea how they can
    afford this?

    Say inbound termination payment (received by them of) 0.25p/minute (say at
    most 0.5p/minute but probably actually more like <=0.1p/minute!); outbound
    termination to destination of say an average 0.2p/minute (highly [I would
    hazard] competitive wholesale international termination rate to prime
    destinations [and I would have to imagine more like an absolute minimum of
    0.5p/minute for 0845 [certainly at peak rate - and even if they were using
    their own "subsidiary" / "partner" 0845 handling / termination service / arm
    or wing]) - doesn't leave much cat swinging room (or / if any?).

    Further, I can only imagine a scenario such as their operating inbound
    termination services (with revenue to them), outbound termination (with
    revenue to them) and passing the call through one or more of their own
    ("virtual" - type) through dial routings (such as through one or more of
    their own 0845 type dial through services [taking revenue on all sides of
    the call handling transaction]) to boost their revenue (through arbitrage
    against "incorrect" termination to origination rates of geographic to
    revenue sharing numbers such as 04845). Anyhow, in any event, it is all good
    and wonderful - congratulations and well done pre-dial!!!... and praise for
    the platform - seems to have good capacity and resilience :) .

    Any thoughts input, etc. welcomed.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    P.s. If the above isn't very clear... for example... taking an inbound call
    on 01635 terminating to France landline:

    Simplest / Hardest to Imagine the Call Revenues Working:: Caller --> Inbound
    to Pre-Dial 01635 Access # [Termination Revenue for Pre-Dial] --> Outbound
    Termination to France [Termination Charge to Pre-Dial]

    More Complicated / Convincing Revenue Working Scenario:: Caller --> Inbound
    to Pre-Dial 01635 Access # [Termination Revenue for Pre-Dial A] --> Outbound
    Termination to a Pre-Dial owned and operated "Pseudo / Semi Internal"
    Revenue Sharing Number (e.g. 0844 / 0845) [Revenue from Revenue Sharing
    Number {for Pre-Dial C} and Termination {for Pre-Dial B} and a Charge for
    Termination {lesser - to carrier [e.g. BT] made up from the difference
    between Pre-Dial A Termination Cost and Pre-Dial B&C revenues}] --> Outbound
    Termination to France [Termination Charge to Pre-Dial]

    This might work in theory if you can get / balance your rates right. I.e.
    arbitrage against termination and revenue rates.

    In short: caller calls in to the 01635 number, pre-dial receives money for
    taking the call; they then route the call on to one of their "own" 0844
    revenue sharing numbers [meaning they only pay the middle slice of charges
    {after deduction of their own part of outbound revenue from carrying their
    now their 01635 call which is on the line [us the caller] and after inbound
    revenue from the call being connected to "their" 0844 revenue sharing number
    [the operation of which actually as good as costs them nothing {the call was
    physically on their network at the 01635 part of the call and is back with
    them at the 0844 part of the call}]} - call then free to be onward bound
    routed to the callers chosen destination at the lowest rate pre-dial can
    find / manage :) ... something like that I think / think makes sense (would
    seem necessary from my understanding of rates in the telco wholesale
    carrying / termination world and rates - i.e. the first scenario [straight
    from 01635 inbound to outbound final destination] does not seem like it
    would generate enough revenue [at least not for the 0845 termination charges
    they would have to pay when callers are dialling those destinations] // i.e.
    playing both sides of the origination / termination refunding / co-revenue
    sharing process [which in theory should leave a wafer thin payment to the
    middle transit provider or negative! {i.e. BT or whichever other wholesale
    operator})...? [I think this kind of operation would probably need or
    require {or perhaps should / might} arms length or separate organisations /
    partner or sister organisations... etc. each handling a different side /
    part of the call and revenues / payments transactions {as my understanding
    is that otherwise if all done by one organisation is or would / might be
    seen as a bit against the "rules" / principles... i.e. if all done by one
    organisation I think they are supposed to net off {offset revenues and costs
    accordingly across a routing transaction - not "charge" [take co-sharing
    revenue] for both / all!} and / or you are probably not supposed to pass
    calls on and off your own network repeatedly in the same call to increase /
    generate revenue for yourself / your own network].

    I shouldn't think they actually run things through an intermediary
    callthrough type step; perhaps they have just set-up or found some very
    judicious origination, carrying and termination charging / revenue sharing /
    refund routes or routing methods.

    News Reader, Mar 16, 2007
  7. News Reader

    Guest

    On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:43:13 -0000, "News Reader" <>
    wrote:

    >Anyhow, in any event, it is all good
    >and wonderful - congratulations and well done pre-dial!!!... and praise for
    >the platform - seems to have good capacity and resilience :) .

    I whole heartedly agree with what you say here and much better than
    one service that hardly misses a mention here at least one a week in
    fact this pre-dial service is about the best I have seen offered for
    quite some time .

    , Mar 16, 2007