    I know, I know, I'll put my hands up to being s Skype contributor, but I'm
    sure that I haven't asked for or had this pushed at me.

    Anyone in the know about this?

    cybuerke, May 2, 2008

  2. cybuerke

    Graham. Guest

    "cybuerke" <> wrote in message
    news:fvea2m$pdi$...
    > Now here's a strange thing... I've just now noticed that on the 'Info'
    > page of my Pap2 web page configurator thingy, the phone numbers that I
    > show as my Display Name are in the Skype 'call me now by clicking this
    > button' format.
    >
    > I know, I know, I'll put my hands up to being s Skype contributor, but I'm
    > sure that I haven't asked for or had this pushed at me.
    >
    > Anyone in the know about this?

    Sorry, I am confused (happens a lot).
    Which service providers do you use with your ATA, and has
    the display name, or any other setting changed in the Line 1/2
    tab?
    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., May 2, 2008

  3. cybuerke

    cybuerke Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > "cybuerke" <> wrote in message
    >> Now here's a strange thing... I've just now noticed that on the 'Info'
    >> page of my Pap2 web page configurator thingy, the phone numbers that I
    >> show as my Display Name are in the Skype 'call me now by clicking this
    >> button' format.
    >>
    >> I know, I know, I'll put my hands up to being s Skype contributor, but
    >> I'm sure that I haven't asked for or had this pushed at me.
    >>
    >> Anyone in the know about this?

    > Sorry, I am confused (happens a lot).
    > Which service providers do you use with your ATA, and has
    > the display name, or any other setting changed in the Line 1/2
    > tab?
    > --
    > Graham
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Well, see, there's another thing. This only displays on my Dell PC running
    on Win.XP Pro with a Firefox browser. Using Internet Explorer 7 on the same
    machine, it's a normal display. Still the same machine but with Ubuntu 7.4
    on VMWare with Firefox, also normal

    On my Compaq Lappy with Win.XP Home and Firefox it's normal, as it is on an
    old Linux machine I have running Centos 4.6 and Mozilla.

    Voip providers are Sipgate on Line 1 and Voxalot on Line 2. The Lines 1 and
    2 Tabs show a normal display, and I've not had to change any details lately,
    other than shift server from .eu to .us when the Voxalot connection failed
    last night.

    Most weird.

    cybuerke, May 2, 2008
  4. cybuerke

    alexd Guest

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 19:09:34 +0100, cybuerke wrote:

    > Well, see, there's another thing. This only displays on my Dell PC
    > running on Win.XP Pro with a Firefox browser. Using Internet Explorer 7
    > on the same machine, it's a normal display.

    I have found that Firefox can sometimes remember form values from pages
    one has visited, where the forms were already filled in, which IE
    certainly doesn't do.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    22:03:27 up 68 days, 4:58, 2 users, load average: 0.04, 0.05, 0.07

    alexd, May 2, 2008
  5. cybuerke

    Graham. Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 02 May 2008 19:09:34 +0100, cybuerke wrote:
    >
    >> Well, see, there's another thing. This only displays on my Dell PC
    >> running on Win.XP Pro with a Firefox browser. Using Internet Explorer 7
    >> on the same machine, it's a normal display.

    > I have found that Firefox can sometimes remember form values from pages
    > one has visited, where the forms were already filled in, which IE
    > certainly doesn't do.

    One of my PCs using IE7 shows the Yahoo favicon when visiting Google.
    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., May 2, 2008
  6. cybuerke

    cybuerke Guest

    Re: The power of Skype? [typo corrected]

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > "alexd" <> wrote in message
    >> I have found that Firefox can sometimes remember form values from pages
    >> one has visited, where the forms were already filled in, which IE
    >> certainly doesn't do.
    >>

    > One of my PCs using IE7 shows the Yahoo favicon when visiting Google.
    > --
    > Graham
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Thankee gents. On the strength of those observations I had a sudden flash
    of common sense and went to Firefox>Tools>Page Info>Links and behold -
    there staring me in the face and with a hint of a sneer was:
    chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/injection_graph.css

    Going for a cup of tea and a little think now, and might even come up with
    a cunning plan to delete the style sheet.

    cybuerke, May 3, 2008
  7. cybuerke

    "cybuerke" <> wrote in message
    > Going for a cup of tea and a little think now, and might even come up
    > with a cunning plan to delete the style sheet.

    Ah - the power of the black leaf!

    Skpe 3.6 Add on for Firefox were the culprit. Not entirely sure how it came
    to be sitting there, except that I've recently been testing the nch suite
    (Axon, Express Talk, and others) one piece of which was a skype connector
    which I rapidly got shot of, but which must have included the add on.

    cybuerke, May 3, 2008