The path from MCAD to MCPD: Enterprise Architect?

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Jeff H, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. Jeff H

    Jeff H Guest

    Here's a question I can't find addressed anywhere on Microsoft's Learning
    site or any newsgroup.

    Say I'm an MCAD. When the MCPD tests come out I take the web upgrade and
    become a MCPD: Web Developer. A few months later I want to become an MCPD:
    Enterprise Application Developer. Since I'm already an MCPD: Web, will I be
    given credit for the 70-536 (.NET 2.0 Foundation) and 70-528 (.NET 2.0 Web
    Client), thus requiring me to only take 3 more tests? Or will I have to
    start from scratch and earn MCTS in Web, Windows and Distributed + 70-549,
    which would be 5 tests.

    I'd encourage Microsoft to add the answer to this question to their FAQ
    about the new certification.

    Thanks!

    Jeff

    Jeff H, Dec 16, 2005

  2. December 20, 2005

    I know... :( MSFT hasn't answered those questions yet. I'm an MCSD and in
    the same problem: If I upgrade to MCPD: Enterprise App Dev, will I also get
    the Windows and Web, as I believe Windows and Web are different paths from
    Enter App Dev when starting from scratch... I too with MSFT would answer
    these questions.

    --

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Blog/Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Dec 20, 2005

  3. Jeff H

    Sean Guest

    same boat! I was looking into going from MCAD to MCSD but its not clear if I
    could get MCPD:win, apps.

    I would also like to know how we will show that on in single line text.
    MCPD:Win/Web?

    If your enterprise would you just put MCPD:E or MCPD:Web/Win/E

    I have had recuiters call me and say "I see your MCSD" or "I see your are
    MCSE" and yet I am MCAD. Soon those recuiters will be really confused!

    That said, I like the system in general. Its not our fault some recuiters
    dont take the time to find out the differences.

    Sean, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Jeff H

    Hansel Guest

    I have the same question. If I'm a MCAD and I would like to upgrade to the
    MCPD: Enterprise Application Developer, it is not clear what is the upgrade
    path:

    a) Should I go on to do the MCSD and then do the two upgrade exams to get
    the MCPD enterprise app developer cert?

    or

    b) Should I do 1 exam for upgrading from MCAD to MCPD: windows, and then
    another for MCAD to MCPD: Web apps, and then do the one exam for MCPD:
    Enterprise apps?

    Are both of these valid upgrade paths? I don't want to do more exams than
    are necessary (as I'm sure all of you would agree).

    Do Microsoft folks actually view these postings? Just wondering:)

    Hansel, Jan 2, 2006