    Anyone any ideas? (I don't own a VCR) Reply to the group please.

    Thx
    John.

    John West Berks, Sep 18, 2004

  2. John West Berks

    Rebelrouser Guest

    " John West Berks" <> wrote in message
    news:414ba719$0$20248$...
    > I'm trying to find an R2 DVD of the original Disney 1961 movie The Parent
    > Trap , so far with no luck.
    >
    > Anyone any ideas? (I don't own a VCR) Reply to the group please.
    >
    > Thx
    > John.

    Amazon.co.uk

    Rebelrouser, Sep 18, 2004

  3. Amazon only have the R1 version of the DVD

    I only have a R2 player :-(

    John West Berks, Sep 18, 2004
  4. John West Berks

    Dan P. Guest

    > I'm trying to find an R2 DVD of the original Disney 1961 movie The Parent
    > Trap , so far with no luck.
    >
    > Anyone any ideas? (I don't own a VCR) Reply to the group please.
    >
    > Thx
    > John.

    Ebay.co.uk has a couple copies on there claiming to be Region 2 and sealed.

    Dan

    Dan P., Sep 19, 2004
  5. Hi Dan,

    Tried eBay. The R2 ones are all the 1998 release, not the 1961 original.

    Thanx anyway,
    J.

    John West Berks, Sep 20, 2004
  6. John West Berks

    Dan P. Guest

    > Hi Dan,
    >
    > Tried eBay. The R2 ones are all the 1998 release, not the 1961 original.
    >
    > Thanx anyway,
    > J.

    Oops sorry about that!

    Dan P., Sep 20, 2004
  7. John West Berks

    Anthony Guest

    If your machine can handle Region Four (which is PAL, just like Region
    two), you'll find that Disney released here in Australia the original
    Parent Trap about six months ago.
    The remake was released about two years ago.
    Here's a website URL: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/226775
    Quality is great, as is the price -- just 20 Australian dollars. Not
    quite as feature-packed as the Region One version, but pretty good.
    cheers, Anthony

    Anthony, Sep 20, 2004
  8. " John West Berks" <> wrote in message news:<414c2f89$0$20244$>...
    > Amazon only have the R1 version of the DVD
    >
    > I only have a R2 player :-(

    That's amazing Amazon has R1 dvds for sale on their UK site. I
    thought it was illegal to sell R1 dvds outside the US and Canada. I
    wonder what the MPAA would think about them doing this. In a way it
    might be a good thing. Break the "region" monopoly. Let people buy
    whatever they want from where ever they want without having to hack
    their dvd players first.

    Joseph Phillips, Sep 21, 2004