    None the less...thats just alittle redundant complaint so try not to comment
    on that hah. I just want to know what my options are. (Sorry if I picked the
    wrong discussion group)

    CrackMasterK, Jan 14, 2008

  2. Your computer came with an OEM copy of Windows. 32-bit, in your case. With
    OEM versions of Windows, you only get the specific version that is shipped
    with the computer - either 32-bit or 64-bit, but not a choice between the
    two. Some OEMs are currently letting you make that choice when you first
    boot the machine, but most are already configured for either one or the
    other.

    Moving to 64-bit from your current 32-bit requires:
    1.) Making SURE you have 64-bit drivers for everything you use. Since this
    is an HP machine, you start by verifying that there are 64-bit drivers
    available from HP. But also consider any peripherals you may use and get
    64-bit drivers for them as well.

    2.) Buy a copy of 64-bit Windows. Since you already own an OEM copy of
    32-bit Windows, you might consider an OEM copy of 64-bit Windows. You may be
    able to get this from HP, but if not, there are reputable sources such as
    NewEgg and NCIX that you can use.

    3.) Boot from the 64-bit Windows DVD and install Windows. You should
    completely format your current Windows partition, so you'll lose any HP
    specific programs that came on your computer. Most of us probably would find
    that an improvement, since it seems like OEM computers come with a lot of
    useless stuff on them that we'd prefer not to have, but if some of it is
    stuff you want, you _may_ be able to re-install it, depending on how HP set
    up your machine and what they have provided with it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 14, 2008