    Ms. Jaime Guest

    This is the one I purchased and I am enjoying it so far. :)

    Will post pictures soon.

    Ms. Jaime, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Ms. Jaime

    Mike Graham Guest

    In article <>, Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

    > Does it have a filter thread, so you can attach a filter in
    > front of the lens? Not important as long as you don't use
    > filters, of course.

    The C-700 series uses an extention tube much like the C-3000 series uses.
    It's a CLA-4 instead of a CLA-1, if memory serves.

    <http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>

    Mike Graham, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Mike Graham <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

    >> Does it have a filter thread, so you can attach a filter in
    >> front of the lens? Not important as long as you don't use
    >> filters, of course.

    > The C-700 series uses an extention tube much like the C-3000 series uses.
    >It's a CLA-4 instead of a CLA-1, if memory serves.

    Mike,

    I don't know the C-3000 series.

    Thanks, but at first sight your answer is not relevant to my
    question. I was asking for a filter thread, not for an extension
    tube. I also don't know what CLA-1 or CLA-4 means.

    I guess though that the extension tube, whatever it extends, has
    a filter thread.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.

    Hans-Georg Michna, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Ms. Jaime

    Ms. Jaime Guest

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:10:52 +0200, Hans-Georg Michna
    <> wrote:

    >Does it have a filter thread, so you can attach a filter in
    >front of the lens?

    I never looked for those before but I don't see any threads on it.

    Anyway here is the website page that will give you a closer look

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product.asp?more_info_lobby=1&p=16&bc=2&product=910
    Ms.Jaime

    'If at first you don't succeed, piss on it and go on
    to something else. Life is too short to waste your time.'

    Ms. Jaime, Sep 1, 2003
  5. Ms. Jaime

    Mike Graham Guest

    In article <>, Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

    >> The C-700 series uses an extention tube much like the C-3000 series uses.
    >>It's a CLA-4 instead of a CLA-1, if memory serves.

    > Mike,
    >
    > I don't know the C-3000 series.
    >
    > Thanks, but at first sight your answer is not relevant to my
    > question. I was asking for a filter thread, not for an extension
    > tube. I also don't know what CLA-1 or CLA-4 means.
    >
    > I guess though that the extension tube, whatever it extends, has
    > a filter thread.

    Correct. The end of the lens has no filter thread. You use an extension
    tube which has a filter thread on the end. When you attach the extension
    tube with the filter on the end it forms a 'tunnel' for the lens to extend
    and retract in. I don't know of any Olympus cameras that have threads on
    the end of retractable lenses.

    <http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>

    Mike Graham, Sep 2, 2003
  6. Mike Graham <> wrote:

    > Correct. The end of the lens has no filter thread. You use an extension
    >tube which has a filter thread on the end. When you attach the extension
    >tube with the filter on the end it forms a 'tunnel' for the lens to extend
    >and retract in. I don't know of any Olympus cameras that have threads on
    >the end of retractable lenses.

    Mike,

    thanks for the info. It seems that this design is popular among
    digital camera makers. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1 with its 12x
    zoom also has such a tube with a filter thread.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.

    Hans-Georg Michna, Sep 2, 2003
  7. Hans-Georg Michna, Sep 2, 2003
  8. Ms. Jaime

    Rooker Guest

    >Mike Graham <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

    >>> Does it have a filter thread, so you can attach a filter in
    >>> front of the lens? Not important as long as you don't use
    >>> filters, of course.

    >> The C-700 series uses an extention tube much like the C-3000 series uses.
    >>It's a CLA-4 instead of a CLA-1, if memory serves.

    >Mike,
    >
    >I don't know the C-3000 series.
    >
    >Thanks, but at first sight your answer is not relevant to my
    >question. I was asking for a filter thread, not for an extension
    >tube. I also don't know what CLA-1 or CLA-4 means.
    >
    >I guess though that the extension tube, whatever it extends, has
    >a filter thread.
    >
    >Hans-Georg

    The 700 series (like the 2000, 3000, 4000 etc) has an extending lens.
    In order to attach anything you have to buy an extension tube (CLA-X)
    that screws onto the camera body at one end and has threads for the
    filters, lenses, etc on the other end.

    Rooker
    "If it weren't for physics, and the cops, I'd be unstoppable!"

    Rooker, Sep 3, 2003