The Number One Browser

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by victor, Nov 12, 2010.

  1. victor

    victor Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. victor

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <ibj2pc$ei0$-september.org>,
    says...

    > http://www.makeuseof.com/tech-fun/the-number-one-browser/

    Is there a point to your post?

    IE8 is still what most folk are using. It (Microsoft) have failed to
    follow the stanards - done their own thing - made web site designers job
    a nightmare.

    On top of that, it seem apparent that they will not deliver a compliant
    IE8 in the future, and instead work on IE9 for Vista/Win7 folk only.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Nov 12, 2010

  3. victor

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 04:22:59 +1300, Dave Doe wrote:

    > On top of that, it seem apparent that they will not deliver a compliant
    > IE8 in the future, and instead work on IE9 for Vista/Win7 folk only.

    No surprises there!!

    Why should anyone have expected any different?

    Sweetpea, Nov 12, 2010
  4. victor

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-11-12, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > In article <ibj2pc$ei0$-september.org>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> http://www.makeuseof.com/tech-fun/the-number-one-browser/

    > Is there a point to your post?
    >
    > IE8 is still what most folk are using. It (Microsoft) have failed to
    > follow the stanards - done their own thing - made web site designers job
    > a nightmare.
    >
    > On top of that, it seem apparent that they will not deliver a compliant
    > IE8 in the future, and instead work on IE9 for Vista/Win7 folk only.

    Yes, but the point is will it conform to the web standards. No that is not a
    question eh?

    Gordon, Nov 14, 2010
  5. In article <-september.org>, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >In article <ibj2pc$ei0$-september.org>,
    >says...
    >>
    >> http://www.makeuseof.com/tech-fun/the-number-one-browser/

    >Is there a point to your post?
    >
    >IE8 is still what most folk are using. It (Microsoft) have failed to
    >follow the stanards - done their own thing - made web site designers job
    >a nightmare.
    >
    >On top of that, it seem apparent that they will not deliver a compliant
    >IE8 in the future, and instead work on IE9 for Vista/Win7 folk only.

    ...and this surprises us ... how exactly ? :)
    Previous data says this is exactly what we can expect, so why would they
    suddenly start to do something different ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 15, 2010