    http://www.eagletv.co.uk/home/nuclear.htm

    I don't know if a DVD made in the UK will play in US DVD players --
    does anyone know?
    Fred Goodwin, CMA, May 5, 2006

  2. Fred Goodwin, CMA

    Guest

    Fred Goodwin, CMA wrote:
    > "The Nuclear Boy Scout" on DVD (UK)
    >
    > Eagle & Eagle Production makes this DVD available:
    >
    > http://www.eagletv.co.uk/home/nuclear.htm
    >
    > I don't know if a DVD made in the UK will play in US DVD players --
    > does anyone know?

    Maybe. Sometimes the DVD player on a computer will play it
    regardless of region information.
    Socks
    , May 5, 2006

  3. Fred Goodwin, CMA

    Laddy Guest

    "Fred Goodwin, CMA" <> wrote in message
    > "The Nuclear Boy Scout" on DVD (UK)
    >
    > Eagle & Eagle Production makes this DVD available:
    >
    > http://www.eagletv.co.uk/home/nuclear.htm
    >
    > I don't know if a DVD made in the UK will play in US DVD players --
    > does anyone know?

    If it's region protected, no, unless you have a region-free player or are
    willing to violate the DRMA to strip the protections and reburn as a
    region-free DVD. There's also the NTSC vs PAL formats. Some players play
    both but not all.
    Laddy, May 5, 2006
  4. I wrote to E&E and they said the format is DVD-R with no region
    encoding. Based on what you wrote, I'm wondering if that's a "legal"
    copy?

    Its being offered by the same production company who made the original
    show, so it would seem there could hardly be a copyright issue.
    Fred Goodwin, CMA, May 5, 2006
  5. Fred Goodwin, CMA

    >I wrote to E&E and they said the format is DVD-R with no region
    > encoding. Based on what you wrote, I'm wondering if that's a "legal"
    > copy?
    >
    > Its being offered by the same production company who made the original
    > show, so it would seem there could hardly be a copyright issue.

    A disk doesn't have to be region protected to be legal; it's up to the
    publisher and rights holder. If it's region free then any player can replay
    it as long as their player supports the video format. The US uses NTSC and
    UK uses PAL. If the DVD is in PAL then a person in the US has to have a dvd
    player that will decode PAL.
    Laddy, May 6, 2006
  6. Thanx -- I'll be sure to ask them if their DVD will play in an NTSC
    player.
    Fred Goodwin, CMA, May 8, 2006