The Nose Knows

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by kombi45@yahoo.com, Jun 22, 2005.

  1. Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Kitt Guest

    Two points. IIRC, you're the guy that posted some film scans right
    before you got your new digital and asked for critique. If I'm right,
    I gotta' tell you, you're doing a whole lot better with the digital!
    The second thing is a question. Just for you and not intended to start
    another endless thread of flames and arguing, but just a question for
    you.. ain't digital a whole lot more fun?

    Kitt, Jun 22, 2005

  3. Paul Furman Guest

    Paul Furman, Jun 22, 2005
  4. Guest

    , Jun 22, 2005
  5. Guest

    Kitt wrote:
    > Two points. IIRC, you're the guy that posted some film scans right
    > before you got your new digital and asked for critique. If I'm right,
    > I gotta' tell you, you're doing a whole lot better with the digital!

    Thank you very much. Digital's instant feedback is not only helpful in
    getting that shot just right, but it helps you learn
    light/exposure/tinkering as you work.

    > The second thing is a question. Just for you and not intended to start
    > another endless thread of flames and arguing, but just a question for
    > you.. ain't digital a whole lot more fun?

    I've always had a P&S digicam, so the DSLR action is new, and yes, it's
    a hell-of-alot of fun, indeed.

    Ben
    , Jun 22, 2005
  6. ASAAR Guest

    On 22 Jun 2005 15:30:13 -0700, wrote:

    > Thanks, Paul. What a freaky looking bug, huh?

    It's not evil if it's merely a weevil. :)
    ASAAR, Jun 22, 2005
  7. Paul Furman Guest

    Paul Furman, Jun 23, 2005
  8. Guest

    Paul Furman wrote:
    > wrote:
    >

    > > Paul Furman wrote:

    > >>Nice!

    > > Thanks, Paul. What a freaky looking bug, huh?

    > Yeah, looks hairy like a moose or something. I guess those are arms in
    > the front? Does it have wings too?

    Yeah, it looks like it is reaching out for a hug or something! What
    makes that shot all the better to me is that it was the only one I got.
    And it took flight when the flash went off.
    , Jun 23, 2005
  9. Guest

    wrote:

    > http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/45150778

    This is a wonderful image. The only issues -- and these are just plain
    nitpicking -- is composition (move the subject a bit further to the
    left) and the small hot-spots on the leaf (near the bottom) and snout.
    You should consider uploading this to wikipedia and adding a reference
    to:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weevil

    A local entomologist can probably identify it.
    , Jun 23, 2005