    Also, I haven't seen a 3D movie in a very very very long time. Does
    one still have to wear 3D glasses to see it?

    Laura

    laura capozzola, Nov 29, 2004

  2. laura capozzola

    Mark Spatny Guest

    laura capozzola, says...
    > does technology like this present a problem when the movie
    > goes to DVD - you know is anything typically lost?
    >
    > Also, I haven't seen a 3D movie in a very very very long time. Does
    > one still have to wear 3D glasses to see it?
    >
    > Laura

    I worked on Cameron's last two stereo 3D movies, Ghosts of the Abyss,
    and briefly the upcoming Aliens of the Deep. There's no problem
    releasing on DVD. The DVD is made with the image from one eye instead of
    both. Nothing is lost.

    Yes, you still need glasses to see it in stereo, but not the cheesy
    red/blue glasses. They are a little more high tech than that. I
    personally don't like viewing these type of 3D movies, because I wear my
    own glasses, and the 3D glasses don't fit over them well. So I get a
    headache watching a stereo movie for too long.

    Still, it might be worth putting up with the headache to see Battle
    Angel. It's one of my favortie Japanese Manga/Anime franchises. But I'll
    probably wait for the DVD to see it so I don't get a headache.

    Mark Spatny, Dec 3, 2004