    I hate to see what the "Airplane" Abbot & Costello" and "Ma&Pa Kettle" DVD's look like
    Probably 2 DVD's with 3 movies per side

    THANKS AGAIN UNIVERSAL FOR SCREWING US!!!!!

    Film Buff, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Film Buff

    djskyler Guest

    Re: The NEW Universal "Franchise Packs"

    "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Picked up the "Smokey and the Bandit" Franchise collection to get #3
    > and this is a load of crap
    > 1 Disc - scratched on both sides
    > "Bandit 1 & 2" on one side of the disc
    > "Bandit 3" on the other side
    > I would have preferred single DVD's as I already had 1 & 2 and could have

    given
    > my daughter the ones from this set
    > The same with "American Graffiti" and "Conan" - FLIPPERS!
    > IMHO - ANOTHER UNIVERSAL SCREW UP!!!!!
    >
    > I hate to see what the "Airplane" Abbot & Costello" and "Ma&Pa Kettle"

    DVD's look like
    > Probably 2 DVD's with 3 movies per side

    (You mean "Airport")

    > THANKS AGAIN UNIVERSAL FOR SCREWING US!!!!!

    Sounds bad, but at that price I won't complain too much. I think we're
    going to see this style more often in the near future, a way to release a
    lot of material in one package at a low price (like the previously discussed
    Green Acres & Mr. Ed).

    With DVDs getting cheaper, this is probably the only way some of this stuff
    will make it to this format. I don't imagine sales would be too great if
    Ma & Pa Kettle or Abbott and Costello were released at $60-$100. I'd rather
    have it this way than not at all.

    If you get defective discs, don't hesitate to exchange them for better
    copies. My copy of Mr. Ed has a data dropout, so it's getting exchanged at
    Best Buy. If the actual discs are so cheap that they get too many returns,
    it will encourage them to keep quality higher in the future. Also, another
    solution is to back up fragile discs to DVDR, then you can watch the copies
    and archive the originals.

    djskyler, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Film Buff

    Dunf Guest

    "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    > Picked up the "Smokey and the Bandit" Franchise collection to get #3
    > and this is a load of crap
    > 1 Disc - scratched on both sides
    > "Bandit 1 & 2" on one side of the disc
    > "Bandit 3" on the other side
    > I would have preferred single DVD's as I already had 1 & 2 and could have

    given
    > my daughter the ones from this set
    > The same with "American Graffiti" and "Conan" - FLIPPERS!
    > IMHO - ANOTHER UNIVERSAL SCREW UP!!!!!
    >
    > I hate to see what the "Airplane" Abbot & Costello" and "Ma&Pa Kettle"

    DVD's look like
    > Probably 2 DVD's with 3 movies per side
    >
    > THANKS AGAIN UNIVERSAL FOR SCREWING US!!!!!

    For the most part, most dvd buyers have learned that Universal simply
    doesn't give a **** about the consumer. They never have, and never will.

    Dunf, Jan 31, 2004