The new age of tv is close at hand

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, May 21, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    Ok so in the advent of television, we started off with grainy black
    and white monitors. Advanced to larger color behemoths. Every couple
    of years the damn things just got bigger and bigger.

    Then the second phase began with the introduction of LCD flat screen
    tv's. Again, increasing in size. Then comes plasma.

    So what's next? How about we use LED instead of LCD? Cool. Only
    problem is, that seems to be for a very very large audience rather
    than in your living room. Although LED sets are extremely more
    flexible.

    And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
    How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
    Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.

    Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
    known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
    "Modern Marvels" show.

    richard, May 21, 2009

  2. richard

    olfart Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > Ok so in the advent of television, we started off with grainy black
    > and white monitors. Advanced to larger color behemoths. Every couple
    > of years the damn things just got bigger and bigger.
    >
    > Then the second phase began with the introduction of LCD flat screen
    > tv's. Again, increasing in size. Then comes plasma.
    >
    > So what's next? How about we use LED instead of LCD? Cool. Only
    > problem is, that seems to be for a very very large audience rather
    > than in your living room. Although LED sets are extremely more
    > flexible.
    >
    > And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
    > How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
    > Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.
    >
    > Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
    > known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
    > "Modern Marvels" show.

    why don't you FOAD
    StOOpid

    olfart, May 21, 2009

  3. "richard" <> wrote in message

    > And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
    > How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
    > Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.

    How how about making a shower curtain into a TV set so you can jerk off over
    your kiddy pr0n in the shower?

    Stacey Chuffo, May 21, 2009
  4. richard

    Buffalo Guest

    richard wrote:
    > Ok so in the advent of television, we started off with grainy black
    > and white monitors. Advanced to larger color behemoths. Every couple
    > of years the damn things just got bigger and bigger.
    >
    > Then the second phase began with the introduction of LCD flat screen
    > tv's. Again, increasing in size. Then comes plasma.
    >
    > So what's next? How about we use LED instead of LCD? Cool. Only
    > problem is, that seems to be for a very very large audience rather
    > than in your living room. Although LED sets are extremely more
    > flexible.
    >
    > And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
    > How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
    > Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.
    >
    > Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
    > known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
    > "Modern Marvels" show.

    I like the idea,
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, May 21, 2009
  5. richard

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-05-21, richard <> wrote:

    [...]

    > Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
    > known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
    > "Modern Marvels" show.

    They're on the market now. Perhaps that's why you heard about them on the
    History Channel?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, May 21, 2009
  6. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    richard <> wrote in

    > Ok so in the advent of television, we started off with grainy black
    > and white monitors. Advanced to larger color behemoths. Every couple
    > of years the damn things just got bigger and bigger.
    >
    > Then the second phase began with the introduction of LCD flat screen
    > tv's. Again, increasing in size. Then comes plasma.
    >
    > So what's next? How about we use LED instead of LCD? Cool. Only
    > problem is, that seems to be for a very very large audience rather
    > than in your living room. Although LED sets are extremely more
    > flexible.
    >
    > And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
    > How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
    > Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.
    >
    > Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
    > known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
    > "Modern Marvels" show.

    After they run out of new types of displays to con people with we'll go
    back to CRT's for another 20 years. Nothing else last as long.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 22, 2009
  7. richard

    doS Guest

    New acer one laptops have led monitors...

    doS, May 22, 2009
  8. richard

    Curtis Brown Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > Ok so in the advent of television, we started off with grainy black
    > and white monitors. Advanced to larger color behemoths. Every couple
    > of years the damn things just got bigger and bigger.
    >
    > Then the second phase began with the introduction of LCD flat screen
    > tv's. Again, increasing in size. Then comes plasma.
    >
    > So what's next? How about we use LED instead of LCD? Cool. Only
    > problem is, that seems to be for a very very large audience rather
    > than in your living room. Although LED sets are extremely more
    > flexible.
    >
    > And now what may be in the market in just a few years?
    > How about a tv set that is only 1 mm thick?
    > Or turning practically any surface into a tv set.
    >
    > Science fiction you say? These sets are being developed now. They are
    > known as "Organic LED". This can all be seen on the History Channel's
    > "Modern Marvels" show.

    What do you care St00pid? It's not like you'll be able to afford one any
    time soon.

    Curtis Brown, May 22, 2009
  9. richard

    catchme Guest

    philo wrote:

    > Still a boob tube...
    >
    > I got rid of my teevee about 15 years ago and have never missed it

    if you can read this, you can easily turn your screen into a tv.
    If you dont want to subscribe to cable channels, you can still stream tv
    stations for free (restrictions and limitations may apply)
    whether you may be unaware, or simply not choose to do so, is moot- is a
    tv not in use as a tv, not still a tv, whether used as a coffee table or
    as something else?
    the buzzword 10 years ago was 'convergence', and it is still in practice
    today.

    catchme, May 25, 2009