    randomly it will disconnect for no reason. Any help please to sort
    this problem out. Windows XP Home edition on laptop and desktop,
    Linksys router.
    mg07, Feb 16, 2007

  2. mg07

    Jim Guest

    "mg07" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Every time I log on with the wireless switch flicked on I can browse
    > files on my other computers via a mapped network drive. However
    > randomly it will disconnect for no reason. Any help please to sort
    > this problem out. Windows XP Home edition on laptop and desktop,
    > Linksys router.

    Isn't this a symptom of a weak signal? If so, you are at the ragged edge
    of the range of the wireless signal.
    Don't tell me that you are very close. I have seen this happen when the
    router and the computer were no more that 5 feet apart.

    You can try moving the router antennas, and that may help.

    Jim
    Jim, Feb 16, 2007