The name 'Scott'

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Scott, Dec 31, 2003.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    I have seen online where people who are named Scott, they want to use their
    first name as like their screenname, like on AOL or whatever.

    I have then seen other people who wanted to use the same name on other
    services but it was taken already, so they spelled Scott, 'Skott' with a k
    instead of a c.

    Is this acceptable as far as making sense? I'm trying to think of other
    words that have a k in them that sound like the letter c and of course I
    can't think of one damn word!

    Anyways on a specific site, the following names are available for Scott:

    1.) Skott

    or

    2.) Sc0tt (that is a number zero, not the letter o)

    Which would you prefer or which would be better to use?

    Just wanted your opinion.

    Thanks. and happy ny.
    Scott, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Scott

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Scott said:

    > I have seen online where people who are named Scott, they want to use their
    > first name as like their screenname, like on AOL or whatever.
    >
    > I have then seen other people who wanted to use the same name on other
    > services but it was taken already, so they spelled Scott, 'Skott' with a k
    > instead of a c.
    >
    > Is this acceptable as far as making sense? I'm trying to think of other
    > words that have a k in them that sound like the letter c and of course I
    > can't think of one damn word!
    >
    > Anyways on a specific site, the following names are available for Scott:
    >
    > 1.) Skott
    >
    > or
    >
    > 2.) Sc0tt (that is a number zero, not the letter o)
    >
    > Which would you prefer or which would be better to use?
    >
    > Just wanted your opinion.
    >
    > Thanks. and happy ny.

    How about:-

    1.) Scotty

    2.) Beam me up

    3.) I'm pushing it as hard as I can captain.

    --
    I think 3.) was first used by an actress and a Bishop.
    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    haha beam me u is cute, never thought of that before but you know, i'm still
    not sure exactly what that means? People have said it to me before but I
    just laughed.

    And is it spelled beam or beem?

    Scott, Dec 31, 2003
  4. Scott

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Scott said:

    > haha beam me u is cute, never thought of that before but you know, i'm still
    > not sure exactly what that means? People have said it to me before but I
    > just laughed.

    Have you never heard of James T Kirk?

    > And is it spelled beam or beem?

    What is a beem?

    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003
  5. Scott

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:52:09 -0500, "Scott" <@ .com> scribbled:

    >I have seen online where people who are named Scott, they want to use their
    >first name as like their screenname, like on AOL or whatever.
    >
    >I have then seen other people who wanted to use the same name on other
    >services but it was taken already, so they spelled Scott, 'Skott' with a k
    >instead of a c.
    >
    >Is this acceptable as far as making sense? I'm trying to think of other
    >words that have a k in them that sound like the letter c and of course I
    >can't think of one damn word!
    >
    >Anyways on a specific site, the following names are available for Scott:
    >
    >1.) Skott
    >
    >or
    >
    >2.) Sc0tt (that is a number zero, not the letter o)
    >
    >Which would you prefer or which would be better to use?

    Skhat.
    Skh0t.
    Schkat.
    Scjott.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Dec 31, 2003
  6. Scott

    Stickems Guest

    Try Scot

    Stickems, Dec 31, 2003
  7. Scott

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Stickems said:

    > Try Scot

    *eg*

    That would further give the choice of C U Jimmy.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003
  8. Scott

    Rob K Guest

    Scott wrote in <> :
    <snip>

    Very funny Scotty. Now bean down my clothes !

    HNY

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Dec 31, 2003
  9. Scott

    ICee Guest

    Scott wrote:
    > haha beam me u is cute, never thought of that before but you know,
    > i'm still not sure exactly what that means? People have said it to
    > me before but I just laughed.
    >
    > And is it spelled beam or beem?

    Beam.
    1. A signal transmitted along a narrow path. Also known as
    teleportation and matter transmission.

    ICee, Dec 31, 2003
  10. Scott

    joevan Guest

    On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:52:09 -0500, "Scott" <@ .com> wrote:

    >I have seen online where people who are named Scott, they want to use their
    >first name as like their screenname, like on AOL or whatever.
    >
    >I have then seen other people who wanted to use the same name on other
    >services but it was taken already, so they spelled Scott, 'Skott' with a k
    >instead of a c.
    >
    >Is this acceptable as far as making sense? I'm trying to think of other
    >words that have a k in them that sound like the letter c and of course I
    >can't think of one damn word!
    >
    >Anyways on a specific site, the following names are available for Scott:
    >
    >1.) Skott
    >
    >or
    >
    >2.) Sc0tt (that is a number zero, not the letter o)
    >
    >Which would you prefer or which would be better to use?
    >
    >Just wanted your opinion.
    >
    >Thanks. and happy ny.

    How about PhScott as in Phat Pharm.
    joevan
    joevan, Dec 31, 2003
  11. Scott

    ICee Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > Scott said:
    >
    >> I have seen online where people who are named Scott, they want to
    >> use their first name as like their screenname, like on AOL or
    >> whatever.
    >>
    >> I have then seen other people who wanted to use the same name on
    >> other services but it was taken already, so they spelled Scott,
    >> 'Skott' with a k instead of a c.
    >>
    >> Is this acceptable as far as making sense? I'm trying to think of
    >> other words that have a k in them that sound like the letter c and
    >> of course I can't think of one damn word!
    >>
    >> Anyways on a specific site, the following names are available for
    >> Scott:
    >>
    >> 1.) Skott
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> 2.) Sc0tt (that is a number zero, not the letter o)
    >>
    >> Which would you prefer or which would be better to use?
    >>
    >> Just wanted your opinion.
    >>
    >> Thanks. and happy ny.

    > How about:-
    >
    > 1.) Scotty
    >
    > 2.) Beam me up
    >
    > 3.) I'm pushing it as hard as I can captain.

    4.) I canna' break the laws of physics, captain!
    ICee, Dec 31, 2003
  12. Scott

    Brian H¹© Guest

    ICee said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >> Scott said:
    >>
    >>> I have seen online where people who are named Scott, they want to
    >>> use their first name as like their screenname, like on AOL or
    >>> whatever.
    >>>
    >>> I have then seen other people who wanted to use the same name on
    >>> other services but it was taken already, so they spelled Scott,
    >>> 'Skott' with a k instead of a c.
    >>>
    >>> Is this acceptable as far as making sense? I'm trying to think of
    >>> other words that have a k in them that sound like the letter c and
    >>> of course I can't think of one damn word!
    >>>
    >>> Anyways on a specific site, the following names are available for
    >>> Scott:
    >>>
    >>> 1.) Skott
    >>>
    >>> or
    >>>
    >>> 2.) Sc0tt (that is a number zero, not the letter o)
    >>>
    >>> Which would you prefer or which would be better to use?
    >>>
    >>> Just wanted your opinion.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks. and happy ny.

    >> How about:-
    >>
    >> 1.) Scotty
    >>
    >> 2.) Beam me up
    >>
    >> 3.) I'm pushing it as hard as I can captain.

    > 4.) I canna' break the laws of physics, captain!

    :)

    --
    It's life Jim.
    *KILL IT*
    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003
  13. Scott

    Harrison Guest

    Choose any old name for a temporary solution.
    Once signed on, send a message to scott@......
    Pretend to be a 20 yr. old hot-boddied nympho.
    Seduce him into meeting you somewhere secluded.
    At gunpoint, force him to give you his password.
    Kill him.
    Use the password to change the given account to your own.

    or....
    You could add something to Scott to make it unique to you.
    A house number, a birth date, or whatever.

    Harrison, Dec 31, 2003
  14. Scott

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Harrison said:

    > Choose any old name for a temporary solution.
    > Once signed on, send a message to scott@......
    > Pretend to be a 20 yr. old hot-boddied nympho.
    > Seduce him into meeting you somewhere secluded.
    > At gunpoint, force him to give you his password.
    > Kill him.
    > Use the password to change the given account to your own.

    With advice like that, I wouldn't be surprised if you get a visit from the local
    constabulary.
    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003
  15. Scott

    Soup Guest

    Scott wrote:
    <snip>
    > Anyways on a specific site, the following names are available for
    > Scott:
    >
    > 1.) Skott
    >
    > or
    >
    > 2.) Sc0tt (that is a number zero, not the letter o)
    >
    > Which would you prefer or which would be better to use?
    >
    > Just wanted your opinion.
    >
    > Thanks. and happy ny.

    Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!

    is beam me up, Scotty in Latin so perhaps Caledoni.
    Still Scotty but has a touch of educated mystery
    (even if you did get it from a website like me).

    try capitalising alternate letter then you look like a
    computer nerd/hacker. :0)
    rofl
    S c 0 t T capital "S" lowercase "c" number 0 lower case "t"
    then a capital "T"
    --
    Yours S.
    addy not usable (not that you would try it)
    Soup, Dec 31, 2003
  16. Scott

    Harrison Guest

    I killed him last week to get his AIM screen name :)

    Harrison, Dec 31, 2003
  17. Scott

    trout Guest

    Scott wrote:

    > I have seen online where people who are named Scott, they want to use
    > their first name as like their screenname, like on AOL or whatever.
    >
    > I have then seen other people who wanted to use the same name on other
    > services but it was taken already, so they spelled Scott, 'Skott'
    > with a k instead of a c.
    >
    > Is this acceptable as far as making sense? I'm trying to think of
    > other words that have a k in them that sound like the letter c and of
    > course I can't think of one damn word!
    >
    > Anyways on a specific site, the following names are available for
    > Scott:
    >
    > 1.) Skott
    >
    > or
    >
    > 2.) Sc0tt (that is a number zero, not the letter o)
    >
    > Which would you prefer or which would be better to use?
    >
    > Just wanted your opinion.
    >
    > Thanks. and happy ny.

    How about $cott?
    --
    "Might make you more popular with the ladies...."
    trout, Dec 31, 2003
  18. Howdy!

    "Scott" <@ .com> wrote in message news:...
    > I have seen online where people who are named Scott, they want to use

    their
    > first name as like their screenname, like on AOL or whatever.
    >
    > I have then seen other people who wanted to use the same name on other
    > services but it was taken already, so they spelled Scott, 'Skott' with a k
    > instead of a c.
    >
    > Is this acceptable as far as making sense? I'm trying to think of other
    > words that have a k in them that sound like the letter c and of course I
    > can't think of one damn word!

    Kathy comes to mind immediately .. since I have relatives named
    "Kathy".

    Katy (and variations of both!)

    Telekinesis.

    Kinesis.