    can't find em anywhere. I thought it was waldorf and sadler or something
    like that.

    thanks, Phil.

    Phil B, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Phil B

    Jim PKP Guest

    Phil B had this to say on 29/10/2003 10:01:

    > I know this has nothing to do with computers, but you lot seem to no a lot
    > about lots, so I was wondering if anyone new the name of the two old guys
    > who sat in the box an complained about how bad the show was on the Muppets.
    > can't find em anywhere. I thought it was waldorf and sadler or something
    > like that.

    That'll be Statler and Waldorf, I think.

    --
    Jim PKP

    Jim PKP, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Phil B

    gangle Guest

    "Jim PKP" <> wrote in message news:ihMnb.2954$...
    > Phil B had this to say on 29/10/2003 10:01:
    >
    > > I know this has nothing to do with computers, but you lot seem to no a lot
    > > about lots, so I was wondering if anyone new the name of the two old guys
    > > who sat in the box an complained about how bad the show was on the Muppets.
    > > can't find em anywhere. I thought it was waldorf and sadler or something
    > > like that.
    > >

    > That'll be Statler and Waldorf, I think.

    You are correct.
    http://www.muppets.com/profiles/statlerwaldorf.htm

    gangle, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Phil B

    Roy Jones Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:56:37 -0800, gangle wrote:

    > "Jim PKP" <> wrote in message news:ihMnb.2954$...
    >> Phil B had this to say on 29/10/2003 10:01:
    >>
    >>> I know this has nothing to do with computers, but you lot seem to no a lot
    >>> about lots, so I was wondering if anyone new the name of the two old guys
    >>> who sat in the box an complained about how bad the show was on the Muppets.
    >>> can't find em anywhere. I thought it was waldorf and sadler or something
    >>> like that.
    >>>

    >> That'll be Statler and Waldorf, I think.

    > You are correct.
    > http://www.muppets.com/profiles/statlerwaldorf.htm

    The two characters' names were a joke in themselves.
    The Statler and the Waldorf were two famous old NY luxury hotels.

    Roy

    Roy Jones, Oct 29, 2003
  5. Phil B

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Roy Jones continued:

    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:56:37 -0800, gangle wrote:
    >
    >> "Jim PKP" <> wrote in message
    >>> Phil B had this to say on 29/10/2003 10:01:

    >>> That'll be Statler and Waldorf, I think.

    >> You are correct.
    >> http://www.muppets.com/profiles/statlerwaldorf.htm

    > The two characters' names were a joke in themselves.
    > The Statler and the Waldorf were two famous old NY luxury hotels.
    >
    > Roy

    And if you go into Jim Henson's building in Oval Road, Camden Town,
    London, there are two life-size replicas of the two gentlemen sitting on
    a sofa, and you have to brush past them to get into reception. I must
    have apologised quite a few times....
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Phil B

    gangle Guest

    "Roy Jones" <> wrote in message news:12j2fxcn9piei$...
    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:56:37 -0800, gangle wrote:
    >
    > > "Jim PKP" <> wrote in message news:ihMnb.2954$...
    > >> Phil B had this to say on 29/10/2003 10:01:

    > >> That'll be Statler and Waldorf, I think.

    > > You are correct.
    > > http://www.muppets.com/profiles/statlerwaldorf.htm

    > The two characters' names were a joke in themselves.
    > The Statler and the Waldorf were two famous old NY luxury hotels.
    >
    > Roy

    You are correct.
    http://www.schonwalder.org/Hotels/hotel_f.htm
    http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=NYCWAHH

    gangle, Oct 29, 2003
  7. Phil B

    Phil B Guest

    a lot

    guys

    Muppets.

    something

    > > > You are correct.
    > > > http://www.muppets.com/profiles/statlerwaldorf.htm

    > > The two characters' names were a joke in themselves.
    > > The Statler and the Waldorf were two famous old NY luxury hotels.
    > >
    > > Roy

    > You are correct.
    > http://www.schonwalder.org/Hotels/hotel_f.htm
    > http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=NYCWAHH

    I new you lot would know............... cheers.

    --
    24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case... coincidence?

    Phil.

    Phil B, Oct 29, 2003