    one that i could split a large avi up with and easy to use, as i tried easy
    avi splitter and I didnt know how to use it.

    ---

    Edward Doyle, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Edward Doyle

    °Mike° Guest

    Chainsaw
    http://www.schmeusser.siw.de/software/chainsaw.html

    On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:54:48 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cg0556$dl9$>
    Edward Doyle scrawled:

    >I have a large avi movie and want to be able to put it on to disk or even
    >disks as it is bigger than 700mb and i do not have a dvd burner so i cant
    >put it on to a dvd blank and want to know whats the easiest program to use
    >to be able to split an avi into two parts as i tried one on the net and the
    >trial avi splitter didnt let me split large files whats the name of a simple
    >one that i could split a large avi up with and easy to use, as i tried easy
    >avi splitter and I didnt know how to use it.

    <snip broken AVG signature>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Edward Doyle

    Lisa Taylor Guest

    Lisa Taylor, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Edward Doyle

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 18, 2004
  5. Edward Doyle

    Lazarus Guest

    I think the guy wants to split the file into 2 VIEWABLE parts not 2 data
    chunks!

    Lazarus, Aug 18, 2004
  6. Edward Doyle

    °Mike° Guest

    Where did he/she say, or even imply, that?

    On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:44:23 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cg0ijm$lnp$>
    Lazarus scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 18, 2004
  7. Edward Doyle

    Lazarus Guest

    All over the place including in here today!!!!
    It was pretty obvious thats what the guy wanted even without stating it!

    I have an avi which I split up into two parts as it was to large to put onto
    one disk and now wish to know how to convert it to mpeg so that I can then
    watch it on my stand alone dvd player and could you tell me of such a
    program that is easy and simple enough to understand for a beginner.

    ---

    Lazarus, Aug 19, 2004
  8. Edward Doyle

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:25:49 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cg2rbd$enp$>
    Lazarus scrawled:

    >All over the place including in here today!!!!

    Quite convenient for you, AFTER the event, eh?
    Nowhere did the OP say, or imply that until AFTER
    it was mentioned.

    Original post: 10:55:10 PST
    Second post, clarifying what was meant: 17:44:04 PST

    >It was pretty obvious thats what the guy wanted even without stating it!

    No, it wasn't, that's why I asked.

    <snip>

    Please turn off the broken AVG signature.

    <snip broken AVG signature>

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 19, 2004
  9. Edward Doyle

    Lazarus Guest

    no not in here but in other places and it makes no difference anyway
    ..........99 out a 100 people who asked how to split an AVI file would want
    the parts to be viewable!!!

    By the way he also posted to a CLOSED newsgroup!

    Lazarus, Aug 19, 2004
  10. Edward Doyle

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:59:13 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cg2ta0$r0k$>
    Lazarus scrawled:

    >no not in here but in other places

    Well, gee, I guess I should have been more psychic!

    >and it makes no difference anyway
    >.........99 out a 100 people who asked how to split an AVI
    >file would want the parts to be viewable!!!

    Nonsense. Those figures are just in your head; there
    are a myriad of reasons for wanting to split files.

    >By the way he also posted to a CLOSED newsgroup!

    And that is supposed to prove what?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 19, 2004