The Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) credential

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by CGD, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. CGD

    CGD Guest

    CGD, Jun 1, 2004

  2. CGD

    Neil Guest

    "CGD" <> wrote in
    news:eIidU9$:

    > Anyone did this above certificcation, any feedback on this?. It's
    > requires 2 core exams:
    >
    > 70-271
    > 70-272
    >
    > This certification also acts as one elective for the MCSA..
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.asp

    um sure. why not subscribe to the mcdst newsgroup?
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcdst

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 1, 2004

  3. CGD

    CGD Guest

    Thanks Neil..yeah i've subscribed to that group but it's empty...hence I
    hopped over here....I guess it's REALLY NEW..I'm sure it will pick up as the
    exam gains popularity.

    caio!

    CGD, Jun 1, 2004
  4. CGD

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:42:49 -0400, CGD extemporised:

    > Thanks Neil..yeah i've subscribed to that group but it's empty...hence I
    > hopped over here....I guess it's REALLY NEW..I'm sure it will pick up as
    > the exam gains popularity.

    I can't imagine it getting real popular. Most employers think MCSE is a
    desktop support cert. By that metric, MCDST might qualify one to muck out
    the latrines.

    No offense to you, but that's reality in the job market.

    JaR
    Disillusioned Thug

    JaR, Jun 1, 2004
  5. ...Wrote the betas..
    Too easy, waste of time, makes my resume look stupid.

    Sartan Dragonbane, Jun 2, 2004
  6. CGD

    CGD Guest

    Thanks for all the feedback I received...duly noted.

    cgd.

    CGD, Jun 2, 2004
  7. CGD

    Eric Guest

    I'm taking a course for MCDST/MCSA and I thought the DST
    WAS a waste of time. If you don't know most of what is in
    it already, you have no business trying to become an MCSA
    or MCSE.

    Eric, Jun 2, 2004
  8. CGD

    Neil Guest

    "Eric" <> wrote in news:16f0101c448c1
    $b85df5b0$:

    > I'm taking a course for MCDST/MCSA and I thought the DST
    > WAS a waste of time. If you don't know most of what is in
    > it already, you have no business trying to become an MCSA
    > or MCSE.

    *shrug*
    it's like the A+ or Net+. Sure it's not worth as much as the MCSE and the
    like but it _is_ another bullet in the chamber. One more shot at the
    target.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 4, 2004
  9. CGD

    Neil Guest

    "CGD" <> wrote in

    > Thanks Neil..yeah i've subscribed to that group but it's empty...hence
    > I hopped over here....I guess it's REALLY NEW..I'm sure it will pick
    > up as the exam gains popularity.
    >
    > caio!

    there is a _little_ activity in the MCDST group. but yes it is new. only
    about 1000 of them so far...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 4, 2004
  10. CGD

    Neil Guest

    "Sartan Dragonbane" <> wrote in news:Vxevc.690
    $B%4.560@clgrps12:

    > Too easy, waste of time, makes my resume look stupid.

    so don't put it on your resume
    ;)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 4, 2004
  11. CGD

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "Sartan Dragonbane" <> wrote in news:Vxevc.690
    > $B%4.560@clgrps12:
    >
    > > Too easy, waste of time, makes my resume look stupid.

    > so don't put it on your resume
    > ;)

    Then why bother getting it? ;-)

    TechGeekPro, Jun 4, 2004
  12. CGD

    Brat Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "Eric" <> wrote in news:16f0101c448c1
    > $b85df5b0$:
    >
    > > I'm taking a course for MCDST/MCSA and I thought the DST
    > > WAS a waste of time. If you don't know most of what is in
    > > it already, you have no business trying to become an MCSA
    > > or MCSE.

    hmmmm ... umm Neil? Have you been to the post office lately??? *backs away
    slowly* Put the gun down man!!

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    Proud member since April 8, 2002

    Brat, Jun 4, 2004
  13. CGD

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 19:04:04 -0700, Neil extemporised:

    > *shrug*
    > it's like the A+ or Net+. Sure it's not worth as much as the MCSE and the
    > like but it _is_ another bullet in the chamber. One more shot at the
    > target.

    More like a blank in the chamber. The only purpose that I can perceive is
    to milk another $250.00 out of the poor saps that fall for it.

    Jeez, Neil, how many wrote the 70-218 to pick up MCSA? For what? I
    reiterate, employers think MCSE is the base cert. What's MCDST? The
    sub-base cert? Can one be negatively certified? I don't think many HR
    depts are impressed with the number of letters after your name if they are
    not the correct letters.

    JaR
    Cynical Thug

    JaR, Jun 4, 2004
  14. CGD

    JaR Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:59:39 -0230, Brat extemporised:

    > hmmmm ... umm Neil? Have you been to the post office lately??? *backs
    > away slowly* Put the gun down man!!

    It's OK Sue, he's shooting blanks.

    JaR
    Confident Thug

    JaR, Jun 4, 2004
  15. CGD

    Neil Guest

    JaR <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 19:04:04 -0700, Neil extemporised:
    >
    >> *shrug*
    >> it's like the A+ or Net+. Sure it's not worth as much as the MCSE and
    >> the like but it _is_ another bullet in the chamber. One more shot at
    >> the target.

    > More like a blank in the chamber. The only purpose that I can perceive
    > is to milk another $250.00 out of the poor saps that fall for it.
    >
    > Jeez, Neil, how many wrote the 70-218 to pick up MCSA? For what? I
    > reiterate, employers think MCSE is the base cert. What's MCDST? The
    > sub-base cert? Can one be negatively certified? I don't think many HR
    > depts are impressed with the number of letters after your name if they
    > are not the correct letters.
    >
    > JaR
    > Cynical Thug

    A+ then Net+ then MSDST then MCSA then MCSE then CCNA then...AND GET THE
    EMPLOYER TO PAY IF YOU CAN!

    (I have only ever paid for the tests I fail..hey look at that, I haven't
    paid for one yet)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 9, 2004