    sellers is often good. Just wondering - is this photo of a damaged
    (unrepairable) CPU?

    thanks
    1st-timer, Jul 5, 2004

  2. 1st-timer

    ICee Guest

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15920&item=3490198643&rd=1

    > I'm talking about the little square that shows in the lower left of
    > the CPU die.
    >
    > Most of these auctions will not allow returns, but the feedback of the
    > sellers is often good. Just wondering - is this photo of a damaged
    > (unrepairable) CPU?
    >
    > thanks

    What are you referring to? The CPU die is the rectangular object in the
    middle. The only indication you *might* have that the CPU is defective
    is the die may look damaged (broken, chipped, burned).

    --
    You can either agree with me, or be wrong.
    ICee, Jul 5, 2004

  3. 1st-timer

    Plato Guest

    1st-timer wrote:

    > Most of these auctions will not allow returns, but the feedback of the

    Purchase the brain for your PC from a reputable dealer. NOT from a flea
    market.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jul 5, 2004
  4. 1st-timer wrote:
    > Ok, so I believe I toasted a couple of CPUs as they have this new
    > sqaureish mark on them, and no longer seem to work... But the thing
    > is, in some browsing of ebay's listings, I see several sellers who
    > have CPUs listed for sale, described as working.. but all having this
    > mark on them. Take a look at one:

    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15920&item=3490198643&rd=1

    > I'm talking about the little square that shows in the lower left of
    > the CPU die.

    <looking at link> <looking at an Athlon I have on the shelf>

    What little square in the lower left side of the die?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    New June 23:
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 6, 2004