The 'lsass' attacks

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Bad Disciple, May 22, 2005.

  1. Bad Disciple

    Bad Disciple Guest

    Hello back,

    Just to say thanks for the link to SP2. It worked. Actually,
    when the SP2's Firewall is ON, there are no 'lsass' attacks.
    If I block the Windows Firewall and leave only my other Firewall
    (Kaspesrky), the 'lsass' attacks start again. Kaspersky says it's
    'Lovesan' virus and successfully repulse it, but not sure for how long.
    So I keep the two Firewalls ON.

    On the other hand, it says that it's no good to have two or more
    Firewalls ON together... Is that right ? Go figure...

    Thanks anyway.
    Bad Disciple

    Bad Disciple, May 22, 2005

  2. Bad Disciple wrote:
    > Hello back,
    >
    > Just to say thanks for the link to SP2. It worked. Actually,
    > when the SP2's Firewall is ON, there are no 'lsass' attacks.
    > If I block the Windows Firewall and leave only my other Firewall
    > (Kaspesrky), the 'lsass' attacks start again. Kaspersky says it's
    > 'Lovesan' virus and successfully repulse it, but not sure for how
    > long. So I keep the two Firewalls ON.
    >
    > On the other hand, it says that it's no good to have two or more
    > Firewalls ON together... Is that right ? Go figure...
    >
    > Thanks anyway.
    > Bad Disciple

    On my XPproSP2, I also run Windows Firewall right beside Sygate Personal
    Firewall, no problems so far.
    I just checked the up and download speed-2181kbs down and 377kbs up, not too
    bad.
    -max

    What's in a Name?, May 22, 2005