    buy them separately?

    Thanks in advance!

    BO
    Big_Orange, May 25, 2004

  2. Big_Orange

    Jay G Guest

    Big_Orange <@> wrote:
    > What's the purpose of this set? I saw it at Wal Mart it was about
    > 65 bucks. That's 21.66 per movie and the new one is only 15.86.
    >
    > Any reason to buy these as a set since I have none of them yet, or
    > should I buy them separately?

    Well, with the box-set, you get the nice box....

    If buying them seperately is cheaper you can go that route,
    the box set has nothing in the way of added features. Don't
    forget that the first two films have extended versions on DVD
    as well, with extra film footage as well as lots more making-of
    footage.

    -Jay
    Jay G, May 25, 2004

  3. Big_Orange

    TSKO Guest

    "Jay G" <> wrote in message
    > Big_Orange <@> wrote:
    > > What's the purpose of this set? I saw it at Wal Mart it was about
    > > 65 bucks. That's 21.66 per movie and the new one is only 15.86.
    > >
    > > Any reason to buy these as a set since I have none of them yet, or
    > > should I buy them separately?

    > Well, with the box-set, you get the nice box....
    >
    > If buying them seperately is cheaper you can go that route,
    > the box set has nothing in the way of added features. Don't
    > forget that the first two films have extended versions on DVD
    > as well, with extra film footage as well as lots more making-of
    > footage.
    >
    > -Jay

    Go for the extended editions. I myself have both the theatrical and
    extended (being the big fan I am)...and both versions are great......but if
    you only want one version...go for the extended....
    TSKO, May 26, 2004
  4. Big_Orange

    Shinner Guest

    "TSKO" <> wrote in

    > Go for the extended editions. I myself have both the theatrical and
    > extended (being the big fan I am)...and both versions are
    > great......but if you only want one version...go for the extended....

    got the release date for the extended LOTR handy?
    Shinner, May 26, 2004
  5. Big_Orange

    ChrisK Guest

    > Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
    >
    > That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

    Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now and
    November...
    ChrisK, May 26, 2004
  6. Shinner wrote:

    >>Go for the extended editions. I myself have both the theatrical and
    >>extended (being the big fan I am)...and both versions are
    >>great......but if you only want one version...go for the extended....

    > got the release date for the extended LOTR handy?

    Yeah: Soon, and there is one.

    That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, May 26, 2004
  7. ChrisK wrote:

    >>Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
    >>
    >>That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

    > Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now and
    > November...

    http://www.netflix.com

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, May 26, 2004
  8. Big_Orange

    Biz Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    > "TSKO" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Go for the extended editions. I myself have both the theatrical and
    > > extended (being the big fan I am)...and both versions are
    > > great......but if you only want one version...go for the extended....

    > got the release date for the extended LOTR handy?

    It was posted a few days ago, it was b4 Christmas, possibly November.
    Biz, May 26, 2004
  9. Big_Orange

    Biz Guest

    "ChrisK" <> wrote in message
    > > Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
    > >
    > > That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

    > Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now and
    > November...

    Whats preventing you from renting it?
    Biz, May 26, 2004
  10. Big_Orange

    ChrisK Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message

    > "ChrisK" <> wrote in message
    > > > Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
    > > >
    > > > That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

    > > Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now

    and
    > > November...
    > >

    > Whats preventing you from renting it?

    Nothing. But:

    a) I'd like to watch it more than once (and not just in one week)

    b) I enjoyed the movie and it will probably get many rescreenings like the
    other two have done so I consider this one a no-brainer

    c) To me $20 isn't all that much to spend on a movie.

    Yes, I can use Netflix but I also like to *own* this title...
    ChrisK, May 26, 2004
  11. Big_Orange

    TSKO Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    > "TSKO" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Go for the extended editions. I myself have both the theatrical and
    > > extended (being the big fan I am)...and both versions are
    > > great......but if you only want one version...go for the extended....

    > got the release date for the extended LOTR handy?

    has not been announced.....but going to happen before xmas

    TSKO, May 26, 2004
  12. Big_Orange

    TSKO Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message

    > "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    > > "TSKO" <> wrote in
    > >
    > > > Go for the extended editions. I myself have both the theatrical and
    > > > extended (being the big fan I am)...and both versions are
    > > > great......but if you only want one version...go for the extended....

    > > got the release date for the extended LOTR handy?
    > >

    > It was posted a few days ago, it was b4 Christmas, possibly November.

    If you are going to watch it mult times...I would buy the theatrical..

    Both the theatrical and extended hold up on there own...both are great
    movies. PPl on here can get pissed off all they want about having 2
    versions come out in the same year....but if I remember correctly, and I
    do....Jackson stated that there would be 2 versions of each movie coming
    out. So it wasnt like a "shadey" thing going on. Buy both (hey, I am just
    helping out Uncle Peter)...enjoy them for what they are (great movies)...and
    be happy

    BTW...Target has it for $15 right now
    TSKO, May 26, 2004
  13. Big_Orange

    Mark W Guest

    "Big_Orange" <@> wrote in message news:...
    > What's the purpose of this set?

    It rhymes with '$$$'. No actually it *is* $$$
    Mark W, May 26, 2004
  14. Big_Orange

    Mike Kohary Guest

    ChrisK wrote:
    >> Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
    >>
    >> That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

    > Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now
    > and November...

    Just rent, or buy it anyway. It's only $15.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, May 26, 2004
  15. Big_Orange

    TSKO Guest

    > > What's the purpose of this set?

    > It rhymes with '$$$'. No actually it *is* $$$

    .....and it will bring in a lot of it
    TSKO, May 26, 2004
  16. Big_Orange

    Justin Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote on [Wed, 26 May 2004 14:21:07 -0700]:

    > ChrisK wrote:
    >
    >> "Biz" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"ChrisK" <> wrote in message

    >>>Whats preventing you from renting it?

    >> Nothing. But:
    >>
    >> a) I'd like to watch it more than once (and not just in one week)
    >>
    >> b) I enjoyed the movie and it will probably get many rescreenings like the
    >> other two have done so I consider this one a no-brainer
    >>
    >> c) To me $20 isn't all that much to spend on a movie.
    >>
    >> Yes, I can use Netflix but I also like to *own* this title...

    > Hear a neat version's coming out in November.

    And the version I've seen came out yesterday.
    Justin, May 26, 2004
  17. ChrisK wrote:

    > "Biz" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"ChrisK" <> wrote in message

    >>>Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now and
    >>>November...

    >>Whats preventing you from renting it?

    > Nothing. But:
    >
    > a) I'd like to watch it more than once (and not just in one week)
    >
    > b) I enjoyed the movie and it will probably get many rescreenings like the
    > other two have done so I consider this one a no-brainer
    >
    > c) To me $20 isn't all that much to spend on a movie.
    >
    > Yes, I can use Netflix but I also like to *own* this title...

    Hear a neat version's coming out in November.

    Derek Janssen (travel in the right circles!)
    Derek Janssen, May 26, 2004
  18. Big_Orange

    Shinner Guest

    Derek Janssen <> wrote in news:40b3f764$0$3136
    $:

    > Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
    > That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

    me too since I bought the extended versions of the first 2....just thought
    there would have been a release date by now.
    Shinner, May 27, 2004
  19. Big_Orange

    Shinner Guest

    "TSKO" <> wrote in news:1f1tc.13891$eH1.6551599
    @newssvr28.news.prodigy.com:

    > has not been announced.....but going to happen before xmas

    good enough...if the kids just have to see it now, I'll rent and wait it
    out.
    Shinner, May 27, 2004
  20. Big_Orange

    Wade365 Guest

    Of COURSE Ethey're going to wait until Xmas time to sell the extended
    versions... they make you slog through all of the drek out there in the summer
    months grinding your fuzzy little Hobbit-Heals into the ground, waiting for a
    "Go"... and then right as everyone is slavvering to spend their hard-earned
    shekals on themselves and the ones they, love, the finger will be pulled from
    the damn and it will be LOTR over-load.

    I wish they wouldn't, but I understand why they are going to do it that way. We
    all do.
    Wade365, May 27, 2004