    http://www.tjv.info/tivo.aspx
    http://www.tjv.info/tivo-faq.aspx

    work in progress, still got to write a howto guide...

    Tim, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Tim

    JedMeister Guest

    Aren't these Tivo devices no good in NZ because the local stations don't
    broadcase electronic tv guides? Tivo basically ends up being an expensive
    video recorder albeit with timeslip capability.

    it'd be great if you could select a genre/program and for tivo to
    automatically record those programs (like you can overseas)...but, then the
    tivo box would also need to include an integrated digital sky tv tuner......

    I recall seeing some tivo type boxes in Dixons in the UK, and they included
    the sky decoders.

    i'll check the listener article though.

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > check the computer column in 'The Listener' magazine due out tomorrow
    > (Saturday). There is an article about PVR's and Tivo in New Zealand. Good

    > see some exposure to the mainstream public..
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > TiM
    >
    > ps tivo community in nz is in fact still very small, theres a dedicated

    few

    JedMeister, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Tim

    Tim Guest

    > it'd be great if you could select a genre/program and for tivo to
    > automatically record those programs (like you can overseas)...

    Yes it can do that.

    We have guide data for local channels and Sky Digital :)
    Wishlists, Season Passes, Tivo Suggestions, etc all work.

    Tim, Mar 4, 2004