    75/f2.0 APO Summicron

    35/f2.0 Summicron Aspherical

    Zeiss ZM 21mm f/2.8

    John A. Stovall, Aug 12, 2006

  2. John A. Stovall

    tomm42 Guest

    John A. Stovall wrote:
    > We will finally get an digital M body Leica and there will be a
    > quality digital rangefinder available.
    >
    > I'm ready to get on and three new lenses to use with it since the 1.3
    > crop sensor will require a different line up than the basic three of
    > the film bodies.
    >
    > My lens picks are:
    >
    > 75/f2.0 APO Summicron
    >
    > 35/f2.0 Summicron Aspherical
    >
    > Zeiss ZM 21mm f/2.8

    Good News! Nice set of lenses you're thinking of. You like the 21 Zeiss
    better than the Leitz offering? My m2s will have to satisfy me for a
    while longer, 2 kids in college. Have fun!

    Tom

    tomm42, Aug 12, 2006

  3. On 12 Aug 2006 06:28:02 -0700, "tomm42" <> wrote:

    >John A. Stovall wrote:
    >> We will finally get an digital M body Leica and there will be a
    >> quality digital rangefinder available.
    >>
    >> I'm ready to get on and three new lenses to use with it since the 1.3
    >> crop sensor will require a different line up than the basic three of
    >> the film bodies.
    >>
    >> My lens picks are:
    >>
    >> 75/f2.0 APO Summicron
    >>
    >> 35/f2.0 Summicron Aspherical
    >>
    >> Zeiss ZM 21mm f/2.8

    >Good News! Nice set of lenses you're thinking of. You like the 21 Zeiss
    >better than the Leitz offering? My m2s will have to satisfy me for a
    >while longer, 2 kids in college. Have fun!
    >
    >Tom

    Erwin Puts thinks the current Zeiss is the best M mount 21 out there
    now.

    http://www.imx.nl/photosite/comments/c020.html

    John A. Stovall, Aug 12, 2006
  4. John A. Stovall wrote:
    > We will finally get an digital M body Leica and there will be a
    > quality digital rangefinder available.
    >
    > I'm ready to get on and three new lenses to use with it since the 1.3
    > crop sensor will require a different line up than the basic three of
    > the film bodies.
    >
    > My lens picks are:
    >
    > 75/f2.0 APO Summicron
    >
    > 35/f2.0 Summicron Aspherical
    >
    > Zeiss ZM 21mm f/2.8

    Muust go and see my bank manager about a mortgage! My old but pristine 3f
    will have to do for now!

    Dennis Pogson, Aug 12, 2006
  5. John A. Stovall

    Guest

    "It's" would be spelled "its" in this case.
    I realize it's not at all vital and that the majority of internetters
    spell it just as you have, but I had a bad night's sleep, and I guess
    its made me testy.

    Been to the Leica School 3 times and it was pretty good!

    David

    John A. Stovall wrote:
    > We will finally get an digital M body Leica and there will be a
    > quality digital rangefinder available.
    >
    > I'm ready to get on and three new lenses to use with it since the 1.3
    > crop sensor will require a different line up than the basic three of
    > the film bodies.
    >
    > My lens picks are:
    >
    > 75/f2.0 APO Summicron
    >
    > 35/f2.0 Summicron Aspherical
    >
    > Zeiss ZM 21mm f/2.8

    , Aug 12, 2006
  6. John A. Stovall

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    Depends on image quality. No doube Leica will produce an elegant camera (as
    always) but if the image quality isn't a step up from what I'm using now (a
    5D), nah.

    Kinon O'cann, Aug 12, 2006
  7. John A. Stovall

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 18:26:07 -0400, Kinon O'cann wrote:

    > Depends on image quality. No doube Leica will produce an elegant camera (as
    > always) but if the image quality isn't a step up from what I'm using now (a
    > 5D), nah.

    How about the same image quality, but with 1/2 the size and weight
    and 2x the price?

    ASAAR, Aug 13, 2006
  8. John A. Stovall

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 18:26:07 -0400, Kinon O'cann wrote:
    >
    >> Depends on image quality. No doube Leica will produce an elegant camera
    >> (as
    >> always) but if the image quality isn't a step up from what I'm using now
    >> (a
    >> 5D), nah.

    > How about the same image quality, but with 1/2 the size and weight
    > and 2x the price?

    Nope. The size and weight of the 5D don't really bother me, and there's no
    way I'd spend over $5K on a Leica M8. Of course, my opinion may change if
    and when I actually see and hold the M8. There's always the chance it offers
    something special. I haven't even seen any viral info yet.

    Kinon O'cann, Aug 14, 2006