the latest

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, May 7, 2005.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    philo, May 7, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. philo

    yakis Guest

    yakis, May 7, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. philo

    old jon Guest

    old jon, May 7, 2005
    #3
  4. philo

    philo Guest

    yakis wrote:
    > that's beautiful, doen in CorelPainter?
    >
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > news:p...
    >
    >>the latest painting
    >>by my girlfriend
    >>
    >>http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/geezruby.jpg

    >
    >


    thanks for the comment!
    it's a photo of one of her *acrylic paintings*...
    although she does a mockup in photoshop before she actually paints the image
     
    philo, May 7, 2005
    #4
  5. philo

    philo Guest

    old jon wrote:
    > By God philo your a handsome looking chap..J
    >
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > news:p...
    >
    >>the latest painting
    >>by my girlfriend
    >>
    >>http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/geezruby.jpg

    >
    >
    >

    well i did model for it...
    but she made me look a little more classy than i really am :)
     
    philo, May 7, 2005
    #5
  6. philo wrote:
    > old jon wrote:
    >> By God philo your a handsome looking chap..J
    >>
    >> "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> news:p...
    >>
    >>> the latest painting
    >>> by my girlfriend
    >>>
    >>> http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/geezruby.jpg

    >>
    >>
    >>

    > well i did model for it...
    > but she made me look a little more classy than i really am :)


    And the name of your GF is Ruby?
    --
    - Frank DeLucca -

    MS-MPV
     
    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, May 7, 2005
    #6
  7. philo

    philo Guest

    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >
    >>old jon wrote:
    >>
    >>>By God philo your a handsome looking chap..J
    >>>
    >>>"philo" <> wrote in message
    >>>news:p...
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>the latest painting
    >>>>by my girlfriend
    >>>>
    >>>>http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/geezruby.jpg
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >>well i did model for it...
    >>but she made me look a little more classy than i really am :)

    >
    >
    > And the name of your GF is Ruby?


    naah
    her name is Colleen

    the painting is sitting in coffee shop named Ruby G's :)

    here is the rest of her stuff:

    www.plazaearth.com/philo
     
    philo, May 7, 2005
    #7
  8. philo wrote:
    > Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV wrote:
    >> philo wrote:
    >>
    >>> old jon wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> By God philo your a handsome looking chap..J
    >>>>
    >>>> "philo" <> wrote in message
    >>>> news:p...
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> the latest painting
    >>>>> by my girlfriend
    >>>>>
    >>>>> http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/geezruby.jpg
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> well i did model for it...
    >>> but she made me look a little more classy than i really am :)

    >>
    >>
    >> And the name of your GF is Ruby?

    >
    > naah
    > her name is Colleen
    >
    > the painting is sitting in coffee shop named Ruby G's :)
    >
    > here is the rest of her stuff:
    >
    > www.plazaearth.com/philo


    Ah, OK. But as you said you modeled for that painting, I noticed the tattoo
    with the name Ruby, so I assumed that's your gf's name.
    Nice art, btw. She must have Service Pak 2 installed.
    --
    - Frank DeLucca -

    MS-MPV
     
    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, May 7, 2005
    #8
  9. philo

    philo Guest

    On Sat, 07 May 2005 21:26:09 +0200, Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV wrote:

    > philo wrote:
    >> Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV wrote:

    >

    <snip>
    > Ah, OK. But as you said you modeled for that painting, I noticed the tattoo
    > with the name Ruby, so I assumed that's your gf's name.
    > Nice art, btw. She must have Service Pak 2 installed.



    i never got a tattoo...
    way back a million years ago when i was in the army...
    me and a bunch of my buddies got drunk and went down to a tattoo parlor...
    and they all got great things like marijuana leaves and such tattooed on
    their forearms...
    for some odd reason, i was the only one of the bunch who decided against
    it!!!
    wow...can't believe i actually had a little sense back in those days...

    anyway...
    my girlfriend used to do just simple sketches...
    but now that she has SP2 installed...her art has really taken off :) ! ?

    as soon as she learns how to compile a Linux kernel she'll be making more
    than Picasso i'd bet.

    btw: many years ago, she wrote a story...and one of the characters in it
    was named Della DeLucca ...and I mean she was really a character...
    any relation to you? (didn't think so ) :) ! ?
     
    philo, May 7, 2005
    #9
  10. philo wrote:
    > On Sat, 07 May 2005 21:26:09 +0200, Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV wrote:
    >
    >> philo wrote:
    >>> Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV wrote:

    >>

    > <snip>
    >> Ah, OK. But as you said you modeled for that painting, I noticed the
    >> tattoo with the name Ruby, so I assumed that's your gf's name.
    >> Nice art, btw. She must have Service Pak 2 installed.

    >
    >
    > i never got a tattoo...
    > way back a million years ago when i was in the army...
    > me and a bunch of my buddies got drunk and went down to a tattoo
    > parlor... and they all got great things like marijuana leaves and
    > such tattooed on their forearms...
    > for some odd reason, i was the only one of the bunch who decided
    > against it!!!
    > wow...can't believe i actually had a little sense back in those
    > days...
    >
    > anyway...
    > my girlfriend used to do just simple sketches...
    > but now that she has SP2 installed...her art has really taken off :)
    > ! ?
    >
    > as soon as she learns how to compile a Linux kernel she'll be making
    > more than Picasso i'd bet.
    >
    > btw: many years ago, she wrote a story...and one of the characters
    > in it was named Della DeLucca ...and I mean she was really a
    > character...
    > any relation to you? (didn't think so ) :) ! ?


    I'm only a character, too, with no relation to your gf.
    ;-)
    --
    - Frank DeLucca -

    MS-MPV
     
    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, May 7, 2005
    #10
  11. philo

    philo Guest

    On Sat, 07 May 2005 23:53:11 +0200, Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV wrote:

    > philo wrote:
    >> On Sat, 07 May 2005 21:26:09 +0200, Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV wrote:
    >>
    >>>

    <snip>
    compile a Linux kernel she'll be making
    >> more than Picasso i'd bet.
    >>
    >> btw: many years ago, she wrote a story...and one of the characters
    >> in it was named Della DeLucca ...and I mean she was really a
    >> character...
    >> any relation to you? (didn't think so ) :) ! ?

    >
    > I'm only a character, too, with no relation to your gf.
    > ;-)


    oops. she just peaked over my shoulder and said:

    i'm *never* going to compile a Linux kernel...
    i'm not a nerd, i'm and artist !!!

    and with that we are off to her art opening tonite...
    i'll go back to my computer "nerding" tomorrow :)
     
    philo, May 7, 2005
    #11
  12. philo

    Old Gringo Guest

    philo wrote:
    > the latest painting
    > by my girlfriend
    >
    > http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/geezruby.jpg


    Very well done, the Textures are fantastic.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>
     
    Old Gringo, May 7, 2005
    #12
  13. philo

    WormWood Guest

    WormWood, May 8, 2005
    #13
  14. philo wrote:

    > oops. she just peaked over my shoulder and said:


    I'm happy to hear she peaked; things should be calmer now. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Killing all Usenet posts from Google Groups
    Info: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
     
    Blinky the Shark, May 8, 2005
    #14
  15. philo

    Parko Guest

    WormWood wrote with a thumbnail dipped in tar:

    > Shades of Salvador Dali....

    ^
    For future reference.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    ....and general smartarse.
     
    Parko, May 8, 2005
    #15
  16. philo

    Parko Guest

    philo wrote with a thumbnail dipped in tar:

    > i'm never going to compile a Linux kernel...
    > i'm not a nerd, i'm and artist !!!


    I just did, I'm not a nerd, and I art. Working on a corporate commission at
    the moment. The boardroom is *big*, the foyer is *bigger*
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    "You're the one who can paint *and* draw."
     
    Parko, May 8, 2005
    #16
  17. philo

    WormWood Guest

    "Parko" <> wrote in message
    news:yLdfe.6273$...
    > WormWood wrote with a thumbnail dipped in tar:
    >
    >> Shades of Salvador Dali....

    > ^
    > For future reference.
    >

    Thanks...that should earn you a nice vacation to El Salvador.
     
    WormWood, May 8, 2005
    #17
  18. philo

    philo Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > the latest painting
    > by my girlfriend
    >
    > http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/geezruby.jpg



    oh are we tired...
    the show was a lot of fun!
    thanks for the comments everyone...
    and no, she did not sell any paintings this evening...
    but she does make a few sales from time to time...
    not quite enough to even pay for the canvas and paints i'm afraid...
    but at least she supports the local artist supply shop!!!!!
     
    philo, May 8, 2005
    #18
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Headtheball
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    2,141
    Headtheball
    Sep 10, 2004
  2. Paul Moloney

    Latest WIndows Update for Wireless-G PCI Adapter Broken?

    Paul Moloney, Jun 13, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,093
    Paul Moloney
    Jun 13, 2005
  3. Warren Quick

    latest version

    Warren Quick, Aug 25, 2003, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    1,232
    :: brian ::
    Oct 7, 2003
  4. Fuddzy

    is latest upgrade a seamless op

    Fuddzy, Sep 12, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    396
    Fuddzy
    Sep 13, 2004
  5. alexander

    "latest headlines" down

    alexander, Nov 29, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    884
    Leonidas Jones
    Dec 3, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page