The Latest Microsoft Security Intelligence Report

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ~BD~, Apr 27, 2009.

  1. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    The Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (SIR) provides an in-depth
    perspective on the changing threat landscape including software
    vulnerability disclosures and exploits, malicious software (malware),
    and potentially unwanted software. Using data derived from hundreds of
    millions of Windows users, and some of the busiest online services on
    the Internet, this report also provides a detailed analysis of the
    threat landscape and the changing face of threats and countermeasures
    and includes updated data on privacy and breach notifications. The sixth
    volume of the report is now available:

    SIR Volume 6 (July through December 2008) and Key Findings Summary
    (available in 10 languages)

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/sir.aspx

    Note: posted separately to this group as Thunderbird will not permit me
    to post to more than one newsgroup (I think it *used* to let me, but I
    cannot be sure!)

    I hope this item is of interest to some reading here!

    --
    Dave
    ~BD~, Apr 27, 2009