The Kanye West show was Mike Myers SECOND awkward live tv moment

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by heinzmenses@hotmail.com, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I swear to God the expression on Mike's face in this sketch is EXACTLY
    the same as in the Kanye West incident:

    http://snltranscripts.jt.org/93/93tsavers.phtml

    [ open on the set of the "Amazing Time Savers" infomercial, telephone
    operators and a bulb-packed map of the United States behind Janet and
    the product counter ]

    Janet Miles: Hello, and welcome to "Amazing Time Savers", your home
    shopping connection. I'm Janet Miles. As always, operators are standing
    by to take your calls. And you will certainly want to call my guest on
    today's show. He brings with him an extraordinary, time-saving
    invention. But I'm gonna let him tell you all about it. Please welcome,
    Richard Hayden!

    [ Richard comes out laughing excitedly, and stands beside his product ]

    Richard Hayden: Thanks, Janet! Thanks for having me on this show. Now,
    Janet, do you like pasta?

    Janet Miles: [ addressing her audience more than Richard ] I love
    pasta! But the problem is, I never have the time to make it.

    Richard Hayden: Really? If I told you that you could have a
    good-tasting pasta meal, prepared in less than five minutes.. what
    would you say?

    Janet Miles: I'd say you're a few bricks shy of a load!

    [ Janet and Richard laugh at her joke ]

    Richard Hayden: Well, Janet, I'm not! [ laughs ] And you know what? I'm
    going to demonstrate my pasta-maker for you and your audience. Do you
    think your audience would like that?

    [ the audience claps ]

    Janet Miles: This I have to see! Now, this is a complicated process.
    Right, Richard?

    Richard Hayden: No. My pasta-maker is easy to operate, because the
    directions are easy to follow.

    Janet Miles: Well, we've heard that before: you buy an appliance with
    easy-to-follow directions, and you get it home, and you need a Ph.D to
    figure it out. Usually, this "easy direction" stuff is a big lie.. like
    the Holocaust! [ the phones ring wild, and the bulbs light up on the
    map ] Now, are your directions really easy to follow? Or is it just
    another Holocaust-type scam?

    Richard Hayden: [ dumbfounded by Janet's statements ] Uh.. they're,
    uh.. they're, uh.. easy to follow.. they, uh.. involve, uh.. three easy
    steps..

    Janet Miles: Well, does the audience want to see these three easy steps
    to good-tasting pasta?

    [ the audience relunctantly claps ]

    Richard Hayden: O..kay.. Well, you just pour in the flour.. [ pours in
    the flour ] ..the egg and water mix.. [ pours in the egg and water ]
    ...and that's it. Hit the button, and look. Here comes the pasta [ pasta
    starts coming out of the machine ].

    Janet Miles: [ excited ] So incredible! And so fast! Well, let's take
    some phone calls! I'm sure people want to find out more about this
    amazing machine! Caller, you're on "Timesavers"!

    Caller #1: [ shaken ] Are you insane?! Did you just say that the
    Holocaust was a lie?!

    Janet Miles: Listen.. there is no way of ever knowing if the Holocaust
    actually happened. But we do know this is an amazing pasta-maker. Next
    caller. You're on "Timesaver"!

    Caller #2: This is unbelieveable..

    Janet Miles: Isn't it! That pasta came out in less that three minutes!

    Caller #2: No! I mean, how when I first tuned in to the show, I told my
    husband how I thought you had crazy eyes.. then, like, a minute later,
    you said that thing about the Holocaust.. I was right. You are
    completely insane!

    Janet Miles: [ chipper ] And so are you, if you don't order this
    amazing pasta-maker! Thanks for your call! [ turning to Richard ] Well,
    Richard, this pasta-maker is truly amazing! And it's made here in
    America, isn't it?

    Richard Hayden: Yes.. It's.. it's an American appliance that makes
    Italian food.

    Janet Miles: [ amazed ] That's great! Because, if you're like me,
    you're tired of buying from the Jap! [ more phones ring ] Everywhere
    you turn, it's a Jap product. They're taking over! At least with Pearl
    Harbor, we knew we were getting attacked.. but with this invasion of
    Nip products, it's even sneakier, you know?

    Richard Hayden: wanting badly to sneak out of the studio ] Uh.. yeah..
    Well, it's made here in the U.S.A., Janet.. And do you know what's the
    best part? The price!

    Janet Miles: Okay, here comes the catch.. this has to cost a lot of
    money. Your invention makes good-tasting pasta in under four minutes.
    It's durable and so simple to use, even a Puerto Rican can figure it
    out! [ all the phones start ringing at once ] And it makes enough for a
    family of six. Now, this must cost at least $200. Am I right?

    Richard Hayden: [ totally embarrassed ] Yeah.. uh.. I mean no. It's
    much less.. it's $39.95.. [ waving his hands in protest ] But I just
    want to say..

    Janet Miles: I know. Let's take some more calls and sell some
    pasta-makers! Caller, you're on "Time Savers"!

    Caller #3: [ speaks in Spanish ]

    Janet Miles: Who, whoa, whoa! Pepe! Pepe! Slow down! We'll have to find
    a Spanish-speaking operator to take your order. Next caller, you're on
    "Timesavers"!

    Caller #4: [ outraged ] Listen to me, you crazy bitch! I'm gonna find
    out where you live, and you will pay!!

    Janet Miles: Me pay? Why don't you pay, for one of these pasta-makers?
    [ addressing her audience ] You simply cannot go wrong at $39.95. Call
    now, because you couldn't buy it cheaper off a drunken Indian! [ the
    phones go crazy, and Richard ducks for safety below the counter ] The
    orders are pouring in, and we'll see you, next time on "Amazing Time
    Savers"!
     
    , Sep 8, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. hahaha, yes! Classic SNL moment and yes you are right. That Kanye West
    segment does remind me of that sketch.
     
    P.I.M.P. DiBiase, Sep 8, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Buno Guest

    Schwing!
     
    Buno, Sep 8, 2005
    #3
  4. Buno Guest

    A sphincter says what?
     
    Buno, Sep 8, 2005
    #4
  5. Ronnie Guest

    Ha. Watching the Kanye segment, I immediately thought of the same
    sketch -- one of my very favorites of the last 10 years or so. Had
    that real sense of "danger" which you so rarely see on SNL
    anymore. Though they fudged the deal by adding a disclaimer at the
    end.
     
    Ronnie, Sep 8, 2005
    #5
  6. In article
    <>,
    Ronnie <> said:

    > Ha. Watching the Kanye segment, I immediately thought of the same
    > sketch -- one of my very favorites of the last 10 years or so.
    > Had that real sense of "danger" which you so rarely see on SNL
    > anymore. Though they fudged the deal by adding a disclaimer at
    > the end.


    I've gotta ask: what did the disclaimer say?

    --
    William December Starr <>
     
    William December Starr, Sep 8, 2005
    #6
  7. WWE_Writer Guest

    But the disclaimer was funny too.. it started out serious by saying its
    not funny to make jokes based on the race or ethnicity of someone. by
    airing this sketch, we at SNL are showing how bad it is (or something
    like that). and then it says," of course, if you take it seriously, you
    must be a real retard" something along those lines.


    William December Starr wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > Ronnie <> said:
    >
    > > Ha. Watching the Kanye segment, I immediately thought of the same
    > > sketch -- one of my very favorites of the last 10 years or so.
    > > Had that real sense of "danger" which you so rarely see on SNL
    > > anymore. Though they fudged the deal by adding a disclaimer at
    > > the end.

    >
    > I've gotta ask: what did the disclaimer say?
    >
    > --
    > William December Starr <>
     
    WWE_Writer, Sep 8, 2005
    #7
  8. CliffB Guest

    WWE_Writer wrote:
    > But the disclaimer was funny too.. it started out serious by saying its
    > not funny to make jokes based on the race or ethnicity of someone. by
    > airing this sketch, we at SNL are showing how bad it is (or something
    > like that). and then it says," of course, if you take it seriously, you
    > must be a real retard" something along those lines.
    >


    I wonder who was doing Kanye's comedy writing?

    >
    > William December Starr wrote:
    > > In article
    > > <>,
    > > Ronnie <> said:
    > >
    > > > Ha. Watching the Kanye segment, I immediately thought of the same
    > > > sketch -- one of my very favorites of the last 10 years or so.
    > > > Had that real sense of "danger" which you so rarely see on SNL
    > > > anymore. Though they fudged the deal by adding a disclaimer at
    > > > the end.

    > >


    > > I've gotta ask: what did the disclaimer say?
    > >
    > > --
    > > William December Starr <>
     
    CliffB, Sep 8, 2005
    #8
  9. CliffB wrote:
    > WWE_Writer wrote:
    >> But the disclaimer was funny too.. it started out serious by saying
    >> its not funny to make jokes based on the race or ethnicity of
    >> someone. by airing this sketch, we at SNL are showing how bad it is
    >> (or something like that). and then it says," of course, if you take
    >> it seriously, you must be a real retard" something along those
    >> lines.
    >>

    >
    > I wonder who was doing Kanye's comedy writing?


    Howard Dean.
     
    Bob Harrington, Sep 9, 2005
    #9
  10. birddogger Guest

    Anyone see Kayne West on the NFL special lastnight? He was soundly
    booed throughout his performance.
     
    birddogger, Sep 9, 2005
    #10
  11. Annika1980 Guest

    > I wonder who was doing Kanye's comedy writing?

    Probably his publicist. Two weeks ago most of America (and parts of
    Alabama) had never heard of the guy. Now he's on every news show and
    has even been on Oprah. In 5 seconds he went from being a nobody to
    being a hero to many.

    Man, I wish money and fame was that easy. I've been slammin Bush for
    years!
     
    Annika1980, Sep 9, 2005
    #11
  12. birddogger Guest

    Clinton did a lot of Bush slammin' when he was in office, too.
     
    birddogger, Sep 9, 2005
    #12
  13. Buno Guest

    > Anyone see Kayne West on the NFL special lastnight? He was soundly
    > booed throughout his performance.


    Nat X could not be reached for comment.
     
    Buno, Sep 9, 2005
    #13
  14. Annika1980 wrote:
    >> I wonder who was doing Kanye's comedy writing?

    >
    > Probably his publicist. Two weeks ago most of America (and parts of
    > Alabama) had never heard of the guy. Now he's on every news show and
    > has even been on Oprah. In 5 seconds he went from being a nobody to
    > being a hero to many.


    West has all the gentle dignity of Al Sharpton and the colorblind
    compassion of Jesse Jackson - if none of their musical talent.
     
    Bob Harrington, Sep 9, 2005
    #14
  15. David Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > > I wonder who was doing Kanye's comedy writing?

    >
    > Probably his publicist. Two weeks ago most of America (and parts of
    > Alabama) had never heard of the guy.


    Two weeks ago he was on the cover of Time magazine.
     
    David, Sep 9, 2005
    #15
  16. >Two weeks ago most of America had never heard of the guy.

    Patently absurd.




    --

    FIRST EVER RSPWTNA ~ DIVISION CHAMPION
     
    Evil Sideshow Bob, Sep 9, 2005
    #16
  17. In article <>, Bob Harrington
    <> wrote:

    > West has all the gentle dignity of Al Sharpton and the colorblind
    > compassion of Jesse Jackson - if none of their musical talent.


    Plus, being a rap guy, he has no talent.
     
    Randall Ainsworth, Sep 10, 2005
    #17
  18. Rich Guest

    On 9 Sep 2005 14:18:11 -0700, "David" <> wrote:

    >
    >Annika1980 wrote:
    >> > I wonder who was doing Kanye's comedy writing?

    >>
    >> Probably his publicist. Two weeks ago most of America (and parts of
    >> Alabama) had never heard of the guy.

    >
    >Two weeks ago he was on the cover of Time magazine.


    Yes, as a shining example of "middle class" rapper. On TV he came off
    as a half-literate goofball.
    -Rich
     
    Rich, Sep 10, 2005
    #18
  19. CliffB Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > On 9 Sep 2005 14:18:11 -0700, "David" <> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >Annika1980 wrote:
    > >> > I wonder who was doing Kanye's comedy writing?
    > >>
    > >> Probably his publicist. Two weeks ago most of America (and parts of
    > >> Alabama) had never heard of the guy.

    > >
    > >Two weeks ago he was on the cover of Time magazine.

    >
    > Yes, as a shining example of "middle class" rapper. On TV he came off
    > as a half-literate goofball.
    > -Rich


    He redeemed himself by swearing up a shitstorm on the air tonight at
    the latest telethon.

    He even rhymed home with Superdome. Sheer frigging geneous.
     
    CliffB, Sep 10, 2005
    #19
  20. trotsky Guest

    CliffB wrote:

    Sheer frigging geneous.


    The irony is killing me.
     
    trotsky, Sep 10, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Brian

    Mike Myers 70-293 Book

    Brian, Jul 24, 2003, in forum: MCSA
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    665
    Brian
    Aug 4, 2003
  2. steven

    Mike Myers Book?

    steven, Jul 29, 2003, in forum: A+ Certification
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    980
    Sean Cleary
    Aug 4, 2003
  3. Ronnie Broyles

    Mike Myers

    Ronnie Broyles, Aug 2, 2003, in forum: A+ Certification
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    464
    Ronnie Broyles
    Aug 2, 2003
  4. RJ

    mike myers a+

    RJ, Nov 6, 2003, in forum: A+ Certification
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    479
    Cindy Clayton
    Nov 6, 2003
  5. Sanic

    Mike Myers

    Sanic, Nov 24, 2003, in forum: A+ Certification
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    634
    Sanic
    Nov 24, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page