The Judges House Photo

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Jun 4, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Jun 4, 2010

  2. mmyvusenet

    Mark L Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:29:01 +0100, bugbear
    <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    >mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo, with some activities
    >> around:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4549198813/

    >Can you please give a little commentary on your photos
    >instead of just posting them with "Thanks for your technical comments about photography."
    >
    >If you told us what you're trying to achieve
    >in terms of colour, shape, texture, composition, lighting or
    >subject, you might get more useful responses.
    >
    >Just doing the same damn thing over and over is pointless.
    >
    > BugBear

    But it's working, isn't it? How is this any different than what blind
    Dudley does?
    Mark L, Jun 4, 2010

  3. mmyvusenet

    Martin Brown Guest

    On 04/06/2010 11:15, bugbear wrote:
    > Mark L wrote:
    >> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:29:01 +0100, bugbear
    >> <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    >>> Can you please give a little commentary on your photos
    >>> instead of just posting them with "Thanks for your technical comments
    >>> about photography."
    >>>
    >>> If you told us what you're trying to achieve
    >>> in terms of colour, shape, texture, composition, lighting or
    >>> subject, you might get more useful responses.
    >>>
    >>> Just doing the same damn thing over and over is pointless.
    >>>
    >>> BugBear

    >> But it's working, isn't it? How is this any different than what blind
    >> Dudley does?

    > For the moment, I'm assuming that mmyvusenet is genuine,
    > but misguided.
    >
    > BugBear

    This one does seem to be an attempt to get just about every possible
    foreground distraction and clutter into a single architectural picture.
    The road markings look like they could actually be interesting in an
    Abbey Road sort of way.

    I had assumed the photos were a front for selling and smuggling parrots.
    But I can't see anyone wanting to buy the Lima courthouse.

    Regards,
    Martin Brown
    Martin Brown, Jun 4, 2010
  4. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 00:43:01 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    <> wrote:
    >Hello:
    >
    >Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo, with some activities
    >around:
    >
    >http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4549198813/
    >
    >Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    Should that have been "The Judge's Horse"?

    Either way, it's atrocious.
    Bruce, Jun 4, 2010
  5. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "Mark L" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:29:01 +0100, bugbear
    > <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
    >
    >>mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>> Hello:
    >>>
    >>> Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo, with some activities
    >>> around:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4549198813/

    >>Can you please give a little commentary on your photos
    >>instead of just posting them with "Thanks for your technical comments
    >>about photography."
    >>
    >>If you told us what you're trying to achieve
    >>in terms of colour, shape, texture, composition, lighting or
    >>subject, you might get more useful responses.
    >>
    >>Just doing the same damn thing over and over is pointless.
    >>
    >> BugBear

    > But it's working, isn't it? How is this any different than what blind
    > Dudley does?

    What's working?

    The comments made here are ignored, for all practical purposes. His shots
    continue without even token respect for the time some of us have taken to
    comment.
    Miguel is an intelligent professional who should be able to understand. I
    strongly suspect that his training and background in consistency, which is
    sometimes a good quality for an accountant, is antithetical to creative art
    and acceptance of change.

    The following anecdote will illustrate my point. I was in a car with an
    accountant. There was several inches of snow on the roof of his car and he
    had the heat turned way up. When I asked him why it was so hot he stated
    that he liked to drive with the sun roof open in cold weather and wanted to
    stay warm. We came to a red light, I opened his sunroof and we both were
    covered with the results of my expected mini blizzard. He never understood
    my point.

    If I start to see at least consideration of the expressed comments, I will
    also comment. Otherwise, why bother. YMMV

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 4, 2010
  6. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "bugbear" <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote in message
    > Mark L wrote:
    >> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:29:01 +0100, bugbear
    >> <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    >>> Can you please give a little commentary on your photos
    >>> instead of just posting them with "Thanks for your technical comments
    >>> about photography."
    >>>
    >>> If you told us what you're trying to achieve
    >>> in terms of colour, shape, texture, composition, lighting or
    >>> subject, you might get more useful responses.
    >>>
    >>> Just doing the same damn thing over and over is pointless.
    >>>
    >>> BugBear

    >> But it's working, isn't it? How is this any different than what blind
    >> Dudley does?

    > For the moment, I'm assuming that mmyvusenet is genuine,
    > but misguided.

    A valid assumption. See my comment below.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 4, 2010
  7. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "Martin Brown" <|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

    > I had assumed the photos were a front for selling and smuggling parrots.
    > But I can't see anyone wanting to buy the Lima courthouse.

    It's not for sale. I bought it together with a bridge in Brooklyn.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 4, 2010
  8. mmyvusenet

    Mark L Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:15:08 +0100, bugbear
    <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    >Mark L wrote:
    >> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:29:01 +0100, bugbear
    >> <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    >>> Can you please give a little commentary on your photos
    >>> instead of just posting them with "Thanks for your technical comments about photography."
    >>>
    >>> If you told us what you're trying to achieve
    >>> in terms of colour, shape, texture, composition, lighting or
    >>> subject, you might get more useful responses.
    >>>
    >>> Just doing the same damn thing over and over is pointless.
    >>>
    >>> BugBear

    >> But it's working, isn't it? How is this any different than what blind
    >> Dudley does?

    >For the moment, I'm assuming that mmyvusenet is genuine,
    >but misguided.
    >
    > BugBear

    Hmm.... "misguided" ... after having been "guided", for ... what? Three
    years or more now?

    Who's "misguided"??

    There's a reason some people once came up with the phrases, "you can't make
    a silk-purse out of a sow's ear", or "casting pearls before swine".

    They are what they are, they is what they is, expect no more than
    that--ever. And don't be fooled by the stopped clock that is correct twice
    a day either. Judge their viability on the rest of the day.
    Mark L, Jun 4, 2010
  9. mmyvusenet

    Mark L Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:15:08 +0100, bugbear
    <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    >Mark L wrote:
    >> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:29:01 +0100, bugbear
    >> <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    >>> Can you please give a little commentary on your photos
    >>> instead of just posting them with "Thanks for your technical comments about photography."
    >>>
    >>> If you told us what you're trying to achieve
    >>> in terms of colour, shape, texture, composition, lighting or
    >>> subject, you might get more useful responses.
    >>>
    >>> Just doing the same damn thing over and over is pointless.
    >>>
    >>> BugBear

    >> But it's working, isn't it? How is this any different than what blind
    >> Dudley does?

    >For the moment, I'm assuming that mmyvusenet is genuine,
    >but misguided.
    >
    > BugBear

    Hmm.... "misguided" ... after having been "guided", for ... what? Three
    years or more now?

    Who's "misguided"??

    There's a reason some people once came up with the phrases, "you can't make
    a silk-purse out of a sow's ear", or "casting pearls before swine".

    They are what they are, they is what they is, expect no more than
    that--ever. And don't be fooled by the stopped clock that is correct twice
    a day either. Judge their viability/efficacy on the rest of the day.
    Mark L, Jun 4, 2010
  10. mmyvusenet

    Mark L Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:34:32 -0500, George Kerby <>
    wrote:

    >On 6/4/10 6:02 AM, in article ,
    >"Mark L" <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:15:08 +0100, bugbear
    >> <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    >>> For the moment, I'm assuming that mmyvusenet is genuine,
    >>> but misguided.
    >>>
    >>> BugBear

    >> And don't be fooled by the stopped clock that is correct twice
    >> a day either. Judge their viability/efficacy on the rest of the day.
    >>

    >And the same post twice has the same effect...

    You should learn to read instead of continuously failing at trolling. Minus
    this one time in an attempt to ameliorate half of your problems. They are
    not "the same post twice".
    Mark L, Jun 4, 2010
  11. mmyvusenet

    ransley Guest

    On Jun 4, 12:43 am, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo, with some activities
    > around:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4549198813/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >
    > --
    > MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    Use a polariser filter to get bluer skys.
    ransley, Jun 5, 2010
  12. mmyvusenet

    Dave Cohen Guest

    On 6/4/2010 5:29 AM, bugbear wrote:
    > mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo, with some
    >> activities around:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4549198813/

    > Can you please give a little commentary on your photos
    > instead of just posting them with "Thanks for your technical comments
    > about photography."
    >
    > If you told us what you're trying to achieve
    > in terms of colour, shape, texture, composition, lighting or
    > subject, you might get more useful responses.
    >
    > Just doing the same damn thing over and over is pointless.
    >
    > BugBear

    He's documenting that pervert in bottom left capturing a shot of the
    horse's naughty parts to post in a suitable disgusting ng.
    Dave Cohen, Jun 5, 2010
  13. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "ransley" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > On Jun 4, 12:43 am, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo, with some activities
    >> around:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4549198813/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    > Use a polariser filter to get bluer skys.

    Hello, thanks for your suggestion, I have not seen this accessory for my
    camera, but I will read more about the kind of improvements.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jun 6, 2010