The Invaders Season DVD sets.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Tom McCafferty, Sep 30, 2004.

  1. Has there been any sign of that?
    Tom McCafferty, Sep 30, 2004

  2. Tom McCafferty

    jayembee Guest

    Tom McCafferty <> wrote:

    > Has there been any sign of that?

    None whatsoever.

    It's not even clear who owns it. Some years back, some eps
    were released on VHS by Worldvision. Same for a few other
    random tape releases of Quinn-Martin productions. This
    would lead me to believe (through a cascade of corporate
    acquisitions) that Viacom owns all of the Q-M properties,
    and that, therefore, Paramount Home Video would have the
    video rights.

    However, there's an INVADERS fan website that I ran across
    that claims that Warner has the rights to the series.
    (Whether that's just THE INVADERS or all Q-M series isn't
    clear.) But since I've seen no corroboration of that
    statement from another source, I'm not sure if it's true.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Sep 30, 2004

  3. Tom McCafferty

    Big Boy Guest

    jayembee wrote:
    > Tom McCafferty <> wrote:
    >

    >>Has there been any sign of that?

    > None whatsoever.
    >
    > It's not even clear who owns it. Some years back, some eps
    > were released on VHS by Worldvision. Same for a few other
    > random tape releases of Quinn-Martin productions. This
    > would lead me to believe (through a cascade of corporate
    > acquisitions) that Viacom owns all of the Q-M properties,
    > and that, therefore, Paramount Home Video would have the
    > video rights.
    >
    > However, there's an INVADERS fan website that I ran across
    > that claims that Warner has the rights to the series.
    > (Whether that's just THE INVADERS or all Q-M series isn't
    > clear.) But since I've seen no corroboration of that
    > statement from another source, I'm not sure if it's true.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    I'm sure that there are many people waiting for some of the old
    Quinn-Martin TV series. Personally, I'm waiting for The Invaders
    and The Fugitive. Since these were extremely popular in their
    time, it's puzzling why they have not yet been released while
    other, less popular, series are already on DVD.

    BB
    Big Boy, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Re: Speaking of Quinn-Martin TV series

    > I'm sure that there are many people waiting for some of the old
    > Quinn-Martin TV series. Personally, I'm waiting for *The Invaders
    > and The Fugitive.* Since these were extremely popular in their
    > time, it's puzzling why they have not yet been released while
    > other, less popular, series are already on DVD.
    >
    > BB

    There was a THIRD one, showing at the same time. A series about someone
    who was terminally ill. What was the name of that?
    Tom McCafferty, Oct 1, 2004
  5. Tom McCafferty

    Joe McC Guest

    "Tom McCafferty" <> wrote in message

    >> I'm sure that there are many people waiting for some of the old
    >> Quinn-Martin TV series. Personally, I'm waiting for *The Invaders
    >> and The Fugitive.* Since these were extremely popular in their
    >> time, it's puzzling why they have not yet been released while
    >> other, less popular, series are already on DVD.
    >>
    >> BB

    > There was a THIRD one, showing at the same time. A series about someone
    > who was terminally ill. What was the name of that?

    Run For Your Life?
    Joe McC, Oct 1, 2004
  6. Tom McCafferty

    KING B MAN Guest

    Re: Speaking of Quinn-Martin TV series

    >> I'm sure that there are many people waiting for some of the old
    >> Quinn-Martin TV series. Personally, I'm waiting for *The Invaders
    >> and The Fugitive.* Since these were extremely popular in their
    >> time, it's puzzling why they have not yet been released while
    >> other, less popular, series are already on DVD.
    >>
    >> BB

    >There was a THIRD one, showing at the same time. A series about someone
    >who was terminally ill. What was the name of that?

    The Immortal with Christopher George. except he had a rare blood that made him
    live forever, and bad guys wanted it.

    http://hometown.aol.com/kingbman/myhomepage/intro.html
    KING B MAN, Oct 1, 2004
  7. Tom McCafferty

    jayembee Guest

    iespam (KING B MAN) wrote:

    >>> I'm sure that there are many people waiting for some of
    >>> the old Quinn-Martin TV series. Personally, I'm waiting
    >>> for *The Invaders and The Fugitive.* Since these were
    >>> extremely popular in their time, it's puzzling why they
    >>> have not yet been released while other, less popular,
    >>> series are already on DVD.

    Different companies, different priorities. There's really no
    particular reason why, for example, MPI should hold off
    releasing THE CISCO KID simply because whoever owns the Q-M
    rights isn't on the ball.

    >> There was a THIRD one, showing at the same time. A series
    >> about someone who was terminally ill. What was the name
    >> of that?

    The only show I can think of from that time period that fits
    that description is RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, starring Ben Gazzara.
    But that wasn't a Q-M show.

    There have been numerous other Q-M series (CANNON and THE
    STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO come immediately to mind), but the
    only major ones I can think of off-hand from the same period
    as THE FUGITIVE and THE INVADERS are THE FBI ("In Color!")
    with Efrem Zimbalist Jr., and TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH with
    Robert Lansing.

    > The Immortal with Christopher George. except he had a rare
    > blood that made him live forever, and bad guys wanted it.

    (1) Not a Q-M show, and (2) from a few years after THE FUGITIVE
    and THE INVADERS.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 1, 2004
  8. Re: Speaking of Quinn-Martin TV series

    > The only show I can think of from that time period that fits
    > that description is RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, starring Ben Gazzara.
    > But that wasn't a Q-M show.
    >
    > There have been numerous other Q-M series (CANNON and THE
    > STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO come immediately to mind), but the
    > only major ones I can think of off-hand from the same period
    > as THE FUGITIVE and THE INVADERS are THE FBI ("In Color!")
    > with Efrem Zimbalist Jr., and TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH with
    > Robert Lansing.

    I liked the FBI. I think TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH is available on DVD, unless
    I am thinking of, "Combat."
    Tom McCafferty, Oct 2, 2004
  9. Tom McCafferty

    jayembee Guest

    Tom McCafferty <> wrote:

    >> There have been numerous other Q-M series (CANNON and THE
    >> STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO come immediately to mind), but the
    >> only major ones I can think of off-hand from the same period
    >> as THE FUGITIVE and THE INVADERS are THE FBI ("In Color!")
    >> with Efrem Zimbalist Jr., and TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH with
    >> Robert Lansing.

    For what it's worth, here's a list of the QM series, courtesy
    of the IMDb, not including TV movies or umbrella titles for
    rotating series that QM series might've been a part of:

    "New Breed, The" (1961) TV Series
    "Fugitive, The" (1963) TV Series
    "Twelve O'Clock High" (1964) TV Series
    "F.B.I., The" (1965) TV Series
    "Invaders, The" (1967) TV Series
    "Dan August" (1970) TV Series
    "Cannon" (1971) TV Series
    "Banyon" (1972) TV Series
    "Streets of San Francisco, The" (1972) TV Series
    "Barnaby Jones" (1973) TV Series
    "Manhunter, The" (1974) TV Series
    "Caribe" (1975) TV Series
    "Bert D'Angelo/Superstar" (1976) TV Series
    "Most Wanted" (1976) TV Series
    "Tales of the Unexpected" (1977/I) TV Series
    "Runaways, The" (1978) TV Series
    "Man Called Sloane, A" (1979) TV Series

    > I liked the FBI. I think TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH is available
    > on DVD, unless I am thinking of, "Combat."

    You're most likely thinking of COMBAT! though you might also
    be thinking of the original TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH film (with
    Gregory Peck).

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 3, 2004