    "I-N." The system crashed with the message reading just "L-O."

    http://www.neowin.net/

    PseUDO
    PseUDO, Oct 29, 2004

  2. PseUDO

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    PseUDO wrote:
    > The Internet's first baby steps began in Leonard Kleinrock's UCLA lab 35
    > years ago today.
    >
    > The young computer science professor's team had networked its computer
    > with one at the Stanford Research Institute in Menlo Park. The plan was
    > for UCLA to send the letters "L-O-G" and for SRI to answer back with
    > "I-N." The system crashed with the message reading just "L-O."

    You sure they wern't running windows ? :)

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 29, 2004

  3. PseUDO

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:57:20 +1300, PseUDO wrote:

    > http://www.neowin.net/

    From that site

    Steve Jobs: He Thinks Different

    Well that explains a great deal.

    The the verb is thinks, the adverb should be differently.

    The web is decaying now, Apple leads again. Bugger!
    Gordon, Oct 30, 2004
  4. PseUDO

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:49:50 +1300, Chris Mayhew wrote:

    > PseUDO wrote:
    >> The Internet's first baby steps began in Leonard Kleinrock's UCLA lab 35
    >> years ago today.
    >>
    >> The young computer science professor's team had networked its computer
    >> with one at the Stanford Research Institute in Menlo Park. The plan was
    >> for UCLA to send the letters "L-O-G" and for SRI to answer back with
    >> "I-N." The system crashed with the message reading just "L-O."

    > You sure they wern't running windows ? :)

    Nope, X came along later.
    Gordon, Oct 30, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    Gordon <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:57:20 +1300, PseUDO wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.neowin.net/

    >From that site
    >
    >Steve Jobs: He Thinks Different
    >
    >Well that explains a great deal.
    >
    >The the verb is thinks, the adverb should be differently.

    You're parsing it wrong. Think of phrases like "think big", "see red"
    and "buy low, sell high" and you'll understand.

    Or read
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=kjNOSPAMray-0905981436580001@s
    mx-ca3-09.ix.netcom.com>.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Oct 30, 2004